Skeleton warrior musician

Helgrund

Why is the skeleton warrior a hornblower? Skeletons don't have lips or even lungs. Anyone who plays brass knows how difficult embouchure is. Why not a drummer?

I'm terribly disappointed by this lack of attention to realism by GW.

How can my opponents take my deathrattle army seriously now against the likes of their steam powered helicopters and mutant rat monsters with Gatling gun arms?

I believe that you have just ran into an issue where you do not understand the sufficiently advanced technology behind the Skeleton Warrior horn blower... and thus as the quote goes "it is indistinguishable from magic."

We'll be pulling out the hair we have left if we try to comprehend the technology behind banshees that scream. They don't have lungs either!

• 2 weeks later...

Hahah noticed this too, and felt really wierd about putting the mouth piece to his lips. Accoarding to the fluff, ye its prob some kind of magic rather than the skeleton actually blowing air into it. Guess its just supposed to be what the soldier was equipped with when he fell, and now just picks it up again

You are ruining John's cover. The poor guy died trying to impress his superiors with his subpar musician skills, only to be raised from the dead again with nothing in his hands but an old mud-filled horn, only this time he doesn't even have the lungs or lips to blow the damn thing. All his friends around him are on the march with shields and spears to protect those things worth dying for (or re-dying for) and he's just marching along trying to act as natural as possible. As long they can't hear him, they may not notice the fact that John is as poor of a musician in death as he was in life. So stop this finger pointing. Don't Skaven him out.

Archived