Question re starter set artwork

Hi. On page nine of the book that comes with the AoS starter set there is a nice double-page artwork that in part shows an eight-pointed chaos star. Khorne, Nurgle and Tzeentch symbols are on three points but the fourth symbol isn't one I recognise. I understand that Slaanesh is missing and that the Horned Rat is ascendant but the symbol isn't a Skaven symbol that I remember seeing before. Can anyone shed any light on that fourth symbol?

1 hour ago, Menkeroth said:

It's the symbol of the Great Horned Rat, surprisingly, since the launch of the setting. Elves of any kind, including non-existing dark ones, have nothing to do with it.

It's actually not. The symbol is still the triangle, as represented in other sources. The symbol in the wheel literally has appeared only once!

1 hour ago, Menkeroth said:

It's the symbol of the Great Horned Rat, surprisingly, since the launch of the setting. Elves of any kind, including non-existing dark ones, have nothing to do with it.

That's not the great horned rat they display his symbol in the first campaign book and it looks nothing like it the image GW put up that image asking us to guess what happened to the dark prince. 

I think it's the newer rendition for the symbol of Slaanesh.

Picture in question (someone asked):
aos-chaos-pantheon.jpg

The reason I think and believe its another/new rendition for the symbol of Slaanesh is because he stands opposite of Khorne. Blades of Khorne mentiones that the Dark Prince Slaanesh is it's opposite.

Likwise we see that in the pantheon Tzeentch to is an opposite of Khorne however next to him too is Slaanesh' domain.

I believe this is a sketch of the Chaos Realms, Red for Khorne's domain, Green for Nurgle's, Blue for Tzeentch's (also see the eye) and Black/broken purple for Slaanesh:
GB-map1.jpg 

Source: Godbeasts

There is a small text missing from this but the suggestion it leaves to me is:
There are 4 Princes (Chaos Gods) ruling over 4 lands, continueing the strugle but not seeing the power that lies in between them (Archaon's domain). The idea is that Archaon unites the Chaos Gods (which he has been doing for quite some years now). I don't believe this is the maximum extend of the Chaos Gods their domains but simply a domain easy accesable by Mortal Realms. 

Cheers,

35 minutes ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

It's actually not. The symbol is still the triangle, as represented in other sources. The symbol in the wheel literally has appeared only once!

They don't interfere with each other actually, and nothing points out it's Slaanesh. Slaanesh still has its own old one.

28 minutes ago, shinros said:

That's not the great horned rat they display his symbol in the first campaign book and it looks nothing like it the image GW put up that image asking us to guess what happened to the dark prince. 

One doesn't exclude the other, Slaanesh has still its own and he is not a member of the Great Pantheon since the beginning, but GHR is. Slaanesh's Domain lies silent, but Skavenblight is partially in the Realm of Chaos and GHR ascended to the Great Pantheon membership, so it's her symbol as a unique representation of the god.

If I had to guess, I'd say visually it looks closer to the GHR and is more likely to be some symbol of that. I don't think it is slaanesh. But logically the GHR will now be occupying the position slashes once had in the pantheon 

On 2017-5-28 at 9:10 PM, Killax said:

I think it's the newer rendition for the symbol of Slaanesh.

Picture in question (someone asked):
aos-chaos-pantheon.jpg

The reason I think and believe its another/new rendition for the symbol of Slaanesh is because he stands opposite of Khorne. Blades of Khorne mentiones that the Dark Prince Slaanesh is it's opposite.

Likwise we see that in the pantheon Tzeentch to is an opposite of Khorne however next to him too is Slaanesh' domain.

I believe this is a sketch of the Chaos Realms, Red for Khorne's domain, Green for Nurgle's, Blue for Tzeentch's (also see the eye) and Black/broken purple for Slaanesh:
GB-map1.jpg 

Source: Godbeasts

There is a small text missing from this but the suggestion it leaves to me is:
There are 4 Princes (Chaos Gods) ruling over 4 lands, continueing the strugle but not seeing the power that lies in between them (Archaon's domain). The idea is that Archaon unites the Chaos Gods (which he has been doing for quite some years now). I don't believe this is the maximum extend of the Chaos Gods their domains but simply a domain easy accesable by Mortal Realms. 

Cheers,

That's actually a part of Aqshy that got torn apart

1 hour ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

That's actually a part of Aqshy that got torn apart

Possible, but it's now 'Khorne's domain'. Likewise we see Godbeasts cover the other domains for Tzeentch, Slaanesh and Nurgle. 

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 4:56 AM, Killax said:

Possible, but it's now 'Khorne's domain'. Likewise we see Godbeasts cover the other domains for Tzeentch, Slaanesh and Nurgle. 

No it's not. 

Archived