Let's chat : Maggotkin of Nurgle

Arkiham

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, shadowgra said:

The beasts should be the ones in the dark imperium image

They have never been antropomorphic, why should they start now? Anyway hope this brings to some spoiler 'cause i am hyped!

Dark imperium image? Was that the centipede looking ones?

Though it has been mentioned that the DG codex has no new daemons I an still wondering about what the Blight Spawn might be? 

I like the art of the new beast very much. Antrophomorphic or not. The 'hair' of the beast is similar to a very old beast model from back in the days.. 

5 hours ago, shadowgra said:

Is the mouth from the RE.

I honestly think is the guo, dunno about the tentacle tho 

I think it's supposed to be a GUO aswell, however it could also be smaller and the new concept art for Beasts of Nurgle. There are a lot of reasons as to why GW might want to produce this as a new unit. One is for the Age of Sigmar range (as per Snailbro) and the other for 40K is to really have have them be another fast attack next to Plague Drones and Blight Drones.

In reality the case is more likely it is the Beast of Nurgle. Because the Death Guard Codex does not include the Great Unclean One. It also doesn't include Pestigors despite some art looking exactly like a Pestigor from the Death Guard Codex.

All in all I think it's save to say that the artists on the Death Guard Codex have recieved more creative freedom as we're used to in Age of Sigmar, where art more often then in Warhammer Fantasy exactly matches the models.

4 hours ago, Greasygeek said:

Like I said in the rumour thread.. it has tentacles, a large tongue, snail features too. All of these are beast of nurgle features. 

Edit. Just compared the rumour engine photo with this beast photo. Its a sure match.

It's certainly that art :) 

3 hours ago, Greasygeek said:

Dark imperium image? Was that the centipede looking ones?

Though it has been mentioned that the DG codex has no new daemons I an still wondering about what the Blight Spawn might be? 

I like the art of the new beast very much. Antrophomorphic or not. The 'hair' of the beast is similar to a very old beast model from back in the days.. 

It indeed has no new Daemons, it also doesn't include Great Unclean One or Heralds (from HQ) unfortunatly.

The Foul Blightspawn is this fellow:
fa45f9285f.jpg

All in all though I think you guys can really benifit from all this aswell.

Especially the Nurgle dice are a nice touch for any Nurgle fan.

99220102012_DeathGuardDice02.jpg

Cheers,

I will surely but those dices.

However i think that guo and beast of Nurgle will come later than deathguard. Shane the lack of pestigors, maybe we'll see them in the rotbringers part of the battletome?

GW if you want to spread doubts between the community, you are doing it right

No the Beasts of Nurgle are in there, it's just that the Great Unclean One and Herald arn't in there. However I cant blame GW completely for it, it's clear that these books have been created quite a while ago. For whatever reason the Daemon Prince RAW also doesn't benifit from the Legion Traits and this will change in their FAQ because the Daemon Princes do benifit from it now in Codex Chaos Space Marines (but only after the FAQ was released).

Worry not between systems, both have massive pro's and con's right now :D 

40K pro: Fast responce to any question, the fast mayority of pieces is competatively viable (by large thanks to Stratagems supporting weaker pieces), there is tons of customisation option in units.
40K con: There are allready too many FAQ and Errata changes to keep track off (10+ Errata files for 40K right now, 30+ pages of changes), their content continues to contain missing rules and lastly despite the custom options models that need to be 'converted' are removed, all the while many boxes don't come with the Wargear they want either... 

I think that GW's Nurgle plans are not finished so I too think something more is comming out. I initially expected Poxwalkers to appear in AoS aswell because in reality the kits could quite easily overlap. They might still go for something like that with Pestigors. Lastly one advantage/suprise that is there for any Chaos fan is that Codex Chaos Daemons isn't released yet either which indeed might come with their own set of releases aswell. Thinking in the direction of indeed Plastic GUO and even Plastic KOS.

I've been really inspired by the Plaguetouched lists above including a massive regiment of Blightkings. They could be unwieldy but they might just work, and it would look amazing! - Here is my variant.

Harbinger of Decay (general)

The Glottkin

Lord of Plagues

Chaos Sorcerer Lord (Nurgle)

20 BlightKings

5 Blightkings 

40 Marauder (Nurgle)

1 Gorebeast Chariot (Nurgle)

Battalion - Plaguetouched 

Total 2000 puts

Basically, Marauders, 20 Blightkings and Glottkin begin in range of Harbinger until needed to peel off as needed. These large units would dominate the board. Chaos Sorcerer lord can buff a single unit but in this case he buffs TWENTY Blight Kings. Spreading out the Blight Kings also spreads out the coverage of their Virulent Discharge ability. I know it lacks speed and ranged threat but at a push the Glottkin, chariot and Harbinger could grab objectives while the rest catch up. I'm quite excited about this list. What do you think?

30 minutes ago, Percivael said:

I've been really inspired by the Plaguetouched lists above including a massive regiment of Blightkings. They could be unwieldy but they might just work, and it would look amazing! - Here is my variant.

Harbinger of Decay (general)

The Glottkin

Lord of Plagues

Chaos Sorcerer Lord (Nurgle)

20 BlightKings

5 Blightkings 

40 Marauder (Nurgle)

1 Gorebeast Chariot (Nurgle)

Battalion - Plaguetouched 

Total 2000 puts

Basically, Marauders, 20 Blightkings and Glottkin begin in range of Harbinger until needed to peel off as needed. These large units would dominate the board. Chaos Sorcerer lord can buff a single unit but in this case he buffs TWENTY Blight Kings. Spreading out the Blight Kings also spreads out the coverage of their Virulent Discharge ability. I know it lacks speed and ranged threat but at a push the Glottkin, chariot and Harbinger could grab objectives while the rest catch up. I'm quite excited about this list. What do you think?

Take 14 blight kings and a unit of 10.

And 35 marauders.

Yes it's 5 guys. But the mortal wounds they'll do will do more than those 5 meatbags

26 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

Take 14 blight kings and a unit of 10.

And 35 marauders.

Yes it's 5 guys. But the mortal wounds they'll do will do more than those 5 meatbags

Ah yes, it could certainly  be worth it with the marauders and five less to paint! However 10 and 14 Blight Kings costs 900 whereas 20 and 5 costs 780 so I would have to lose something else to accommodate it. 

7 minutes ago, FRoper said:

I have noticed the plaguetouched warband, what is it and what benefits does it give as I do not have the everchosen book yet. 

A little bit of Google and you'll find the whole scan on the Battalion

USw7u6j.png?1

Increased offense and defence is always great. Especially if your talking Nurgle.
I do think the Battalion might be even better once you have the Artefacts etc. for the Nurgle Allegiance aswell. 

But am I Everchosen allegiance? Using the Chaos allegiance abilities? Or can I still run the Nurgle Wheel and ( hopefully coming soon ) other Nurgle stuff? I did a game with this batallion last night. Had two units of 14 chaos warriors and a unit of 14 kings( along with Harbinger, Bloab another unit of 5 kings and an exalted hero for the extra 80 points. The mortal wound kick back alone was great not counting the other buffs. Pic of current list. Again the units of 15 are taken as 14 duders

IMG_4463.PNG

48 minutes ago, Sigmalthus said:

But am I Everchosen allegiance? Using the Chaos allegiance abilities? Or can I still run the Nurgle Wheel and ( hopefully coming soon ) other Nurgle stuff?

It's something GH2017 isn't clear about. However I think most players wouldn't be too difficult about it. 

13 minutes ago, Louzi said:

Gh2017 is pretty clear about it, but people argue with different wordings from khorne and sce battletome to make it fit

Not the case at all. If that's what you think the discussion comes from you are actually not informed on the subject all too well.  There are parts where we know how to process this "Everchosen battalion" but then there are several parts about it which we do not know how to place/resolve in terms of army creation. 

So to come back @Sigmalthus in detail:
- If you have all starting units with the X Keyword you can thake X Allegiance. In this case it's unlikely you'll want to pick Everchosen. Especially because it's a Battalion designed for the Nurgle Keyword (quite clearly).
- If you have the Chaos Keyword or Nurgle Keyword you can choose to be that Allegiance, so pick what you feel like.
- If you pick the Nurgle Keyword you can use all Allegiance abilities, including the recently released "Nurgle Wheel".

Where GH2017 completely doesn't inform us about is:
1. Does this Everchosen Battalion count towards Allies.
2. Can Nurgle Allegiance at all thake an Everchosen Battalion because Nurgle is not a Faction and therefor does not have Allies.
3. If it was the idea that Daemons of Nurgle and Nurgle Rotbringers Factions also 'count as' Nurgle Faction and therefor can make use of all those Allies while having the Nurgle Allegiance.

As before though, I don't think anyone will bother you with it for a regular game. 

1 hour ago, Killax said:

Not the case at all. If that's what you think the discussion comes from you are actually not informed on the subject all too well.  There are parts where we know how to process this "Everchosen battalion" but then there are several parts about it which we do not know how to place/resolve in terms of army creation. 

So to come back @Sigmalthus in detail:
- If you have all starting units with the X Keyword you can thake X Allegiance. In this case it's unlikely you'll want to pick Everchosen. Especially because it's a Battalion designed for the Nurgle Keyword (quite clearly).
- If you have the Chaos Keyword or Nurgle Keyword you can choose to be that Allegiance, so pick what you feel like.
- If you pick the Nurgle Keyword you can use all Allegiance abilities, including the recently released "Nurgle Wheel".

Where GH2017 completely doesn't inform us about is:
1. Does this Everchosen Battalion count towards Allies.
2. Can Nurgle Allegiance at all thake an Everchosen Battalion because Nurgle is not a Faction and therefor does not have Allies.
3. If it was the idea that Daemons of Nurgle and Nurgle Rotbringers Factions also 'count as' Nurgle Faction and therefor can make use of all those Allies while having the Nurgle Allegiance.

As before though, I don't think anyone will bother you with it for a regular game. 

Personally I dont have a problem, if people take the everchosen battalions for other factions. But if you just take the wording from gh2:

Battalion on warscroll is everchosen. So it is everchosen. Yes, there are only nurgle units in the battalion. According to gh2 this doesnt mean you get the nurgle allegiance, but you wont break everchosen allegiance with it. So you have another 400 points to spend on allies (everchosen related).

I don't see how you don't get the nurgle alligience when you can pick it, with blightkings specifically being battleline if nurgle alligience. Says so in the book.

Nurgle is therefore an alligience, and anything nurgle will fit in it.

Battalions do not count towards ally points or alligience, no where does it state this, only units.

Allies are units. Units are models. As stated by ghb17 page 76 

There is nothing preventing you paying for any battalion in your grand alliance. Even if you can't have the units.

Battalions only work when there is units to fill them, so you can include a battalion even if you don't fill it.

If you read any of the battletomes there is a page explaining how battalions work. The specific image below is taken from the disciples of Tzeentch book but it applies universally. 

While a battalion has a printed allegiance keyword that battalion can also be part of an allegiance which all of the units within in it have. 

So a Plaguetouched Warband has the everchosen allegiance naturally but also gains the Nurgle allegiance because all the included units have it. 

IMG_6300.PNG

I've seen a lot of love for Plagueclaw Catapults on here. While I get the idea (we're not the best at range and there will be many large units), in my experience the PC doesn't perform its role well enough for the points it costs. For 180 points we can add synergy, beef, melee hammers, casting, a lot! The PC has one shot that wounds less than half the time. Blightkings kill hordes, plaguebearers tarpit them, buffed Chaos Warriors grind them down (and can outmaneuver them with Sayl), Plague Monks kill them (40 for 60 more points than a PC!), etc. I think we should focus on our strengths instead of diversifying into our weaknesses.

On the flip side, I do love the idea of Plagueclaws as a Nurgle unit and play with them in fluffier games. 

2 hours ago, mdkinker said:

I've seen a lot of love for Plagueclaw Catapults on here. While I get the idea (we're not the best at range and there will be many large units), in my experience the PC doesn't perform its role well enough for the points it costs. For 180 points we can add synergy, beef, melee hammers, casting, a lot! The PC has one shot that wounds less than half the time. Blightkings kill hordes, plaguebearers tarpit them, buffed Chaos Warriors grind them down (and can outmaneuver them with Sayl), Plague Monks kill them (40 for 60 more points than a PC!), etc. I think we should focus on our strengths instead of diversifying into our weaknesses.

On the flip side, I do love the idea of Plagueclaws as a Nurgle unit and play with them in fluffier games. 

The important thing about plagueclaws is the timing of their damage. They can start putting out a surprising amount of damage turn 1, which boosts the entire army through Epidemius's tally. They aren't talked about anywhere near as much outside of Epidemius' bubble. 

Its also worth remembering that having some range is important - a hurricanum across the table is much less threatening when your opponent is conscious of a 31" threat, and bloodbound have much less bite when you can pick off bloodsecrators from afar.

4 hours ago, Pete_P said:

If you read any of the battletomes there is a page explaining how battalions work. The specific image below is taken from the disciples of Tzeentch book but it applies universally. 

While a battalion has a printed allegiance keyword that battalion can also be part of an allegiance which all of the units within in it have. 

So a Plaguetouched Warband has the everchosen allegiance naturally but also gains the Nurgle allegiance because all the included units have it. 

IMG_6300.PNG

Thats right. But this is before gh2 and the wording in gh2 is different...

4 hours ago, Louzi said:

Thats right. But this is before gh2 and the wording in gh2 is different...

I see no contradiction there. 

Nothing in the ghb2 page 116-117 says a unit in a battalion couldn't choose or couldn't have an allegiance other than the one noted above the battalion title.

So when you have a rule in a battletome allow you to do it, for example this one: rule4.jpg.3fcf1a1634129e665bda8ca2146cc25b.jpg, you are allowed to do it.

Archived