Let's chat : Maggotkin of Nurgle

Arkiham

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tamurkhan is, unfortunately, awful. Really really bad warscroll for such an awesome model. Khazyk too, why he does have to suck so badly? xD

For a mortale Nurgle list u have good choices among: blightkings, marauders, warriors, harbinger of decay (must), sorcerer, shrine can work too. Also if u don't really want some daemons consider picking up chariots or knights

Correct me if I'm wrong!
Papa Nurgle tainted Isabella von Carstein in the EndTimes? Vlad vowed revenge on a God?
Crazy cool special character idea.
Like the crossover alliance idea. Nurgle & Death Keyword [emoji1417]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm new to Nurgle and AoS in general. I've been playing small games so far. But loving large blobs (30) of plague bearers. These guys are so hard to remove from the board.

I'm looking at expanding into mortal chaos now. I have a unit of blight kings and as mentioned with the +1 to hit rolls these guys can do serious damage!
with regards plague drones, I've played them once and really enjoyed them. I'm looking at sayl the faithless to get a herald of Nurgle to keep up with them [emoji4]

Question though, can anyone sell me on nurglings, plague toads or beasts of Nurgle? I'm not that convinced by them [emoji20]

That's an easy sell. If nurglings made your army worse, Grandfather would still make you watch the kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I'm thinking of building out some kind of Chaos army for AoS. I've kind of cooled on my initial plan for Blades of Khorne because thematically the whole skulls and blood thing just seems very cliché and I can't really get excited about the idea of building a Khorne army. So my next choice is a tie between Skaven and Nurgle. I was scrutinizing the start collecting boxes for both and I noticed that the rats in their start collecting box belong to Clan Pestilens and have the Nurgle keyword. So my question is, if I were to go Nurgle as "base" army, and add a bit of Clan Pestilens to get my rat fix how well does Clan Pestilens synergize with the rest of Nurgle?

12 hours ago, bsharitt said:

So I'm thinking of building out some kind of Chaos army for AoS. I've kind of cooled on my initial plan for Blades of Khorne because thematically the whole skulls and blood thing just seems very cliché and I can't really get excited about the idea of building a Khorne army. So my next choice is a tie between Skaven and Nurgle. I was scrutinizing the start collecting boxes for both and I noticed that the rats in their start collecting box belong to Clan Pestilens and have the Nurgle keyword. So my question is, if I were to go Nurgle as "base" army, and add a bit of Clan Pestilens to get my rat fix how well does Clan Pestilens synergize with the rest of Nurgle?

It doesn't. But things which hurt everything other than nurgle doesn't hurt your friends. 

3 hours ago, Arkiham said:

It doesn't. But things which hurt everything other than nurgle doesn't hurt your friends. 

Ah, so it's just barely better that a generic Grand Alliance Chaos army. I might still go with it any way and maybe even get some Slaves to Darkness with a mark of Nurgle that just help them in the same barely kind of way the Nurgle keyword on the Pestilens helps them not die to Nurgle effects. I might just get all three of the Start Collecting boxes so I can mash them together for one big Chaos army, but at the same time still have a starting place to start building out each army if I really find myself liking one over the other. 

2 hours ago, bsharitt said:

Ah, so it's just barely better that a generic Grand Alliance Chaos army. I might still go with it any way and maybe even get some Slaves to Darkness with a mark of Nurgle that just help them in the same barely kind of way the Nurgle keyword on the Pestilens helps them not die to Nurgle effects. I might just get all three of the Start Collecting boxes so I can mash them together for one big Chaos army, but at the same time still have a starting place to start building out each army if I really find myself liking one over the other. 

5 hours ago, Arkiham said:

I wouldn't go so far as to say that "It doesn't", there are a few ways where the Nurgle keyword makes them sinergise.  For example the Glotkin gives plague monks extra attacks (as well as ever other things in clan Pestilens) with there Lords of Nurgle command ability.  The Verminlord-Corrupter is a Nurgle Demon hero of chaos, so all of the demons of Nurgle get there bonus for being close to it.  Also for Epidemius it's Nurgle Tallyman gets triggered by wounds inflected by clan Pesitlins models like a Plagueclaw Catapult for example as they are all Nurgle keyword. 

I am also collecting a mixed Nurgle and Skaven Pesitlins army also but there are a few things that make it hard at the moment like the fact that plague monks and blight-kings all loose there battle-line status as soon as you mix them together.  I got kind of inspired by some of the early artwork like where they where all working together in filthy partnership.  I attached some bellow that I found on google.  I am hoping that when a Nurgle book come out they will fit together better and I hope that's not too far away.

83ac01975749c265f56965998de38755.png

be7a6395d7a2b145dfdf2081a3beba6d.jpg

Hi fellow Nurgle loyalists!

Quick question. What size are the round bases that came with the plague drones in the start collecting nurgle box? I am talking real bases and not the see through bases that you currently get if you buy a box of drones.

Thanks

5 hours ago, Ratty_McRatface said:

I am also collecting a mixed Nurgle and Skaven Pesitlins army also but there are a few things that make it hard at the moment like the fact that plague monks and blight-kings all loose there battle-line status as soon as you mix them together. 

That's something I completely forgot about. Such an annoying thing matched play army building when you're trying to build a fun(and often fluffy as you pointed out in the case of Nurgle/Pestilens) mixed army but so much stuff loses its battle line. I also recently built a Nighthaint warband for Skirmish and I considered building it out as a full army, but Nighthaunt are thin on options when fielded alone, but as soon as I add a couple more death units to round things out my Spirit Hosts lose battleline and I have to rework my army it it goes from a Nighthaunt army with a few death allies to a generic death army with a few Nighthaunt allies. Hopefully it'll be something that's addressed when the GHB2017 comes out.

Hello guys! I wanted to change list because of the last one i still have to buy some models ;)

Anyway i still find quite hard to snipe herpes that do consistente buff and damage and then i thought about the hellcannon. Since i have no trouble protecting it from the enemy with huge number of models and it dishes tons of damage it could really help against some matchups (bok, stormcast, tzeentch and some others).

The list i have thinked of is the following: 

Harbinger of decay, talisman, lord of war/cunning deceiver/dark avenger 140

Chaos sorcerer lord, mon, crown of conquest 140

Festus 120

28 marauders 180

10 marauders 60

28 warriors 540

2*5 blightkings 360

Plaguetouched warband 140

Hellcannon 300

Tot 1980

I dropped sayl (i want just to try if this kind of list is good even without him) and bloab in favour  of hellcannon and festus. I pur him mainly because of his healing that increases further the tankiness of the harbinger. With the hellcannon u can easily snipe all most important heroes and key pieces of an army (tzaangor shaman, lord castellant and celestant, bloodsecretor, slaughterpriests, treelord ( in a couple of turns ;D))

What do you think? :)

How does Nurgle deal with a Mournghoul? 

Thing is that I'm playing against a friend of mine who owns a fast growing mixed Death army. We are both fairly new to the game though not noobs. We play with points and play to win but still we want our regular games to be fun and so we have started going through the Quest for Ghalmaraz battle plans. It has just come to my attention that my friend had aquired a Mournghoul and after looking at it's profile I find it kind of hard to find it's weaknesses. Having never fought against one before, I am starting to see what the fuzz is about. So any tips fighting this monstrosity will be greatly appreciated. Also keep in mind that we usually play 2000pt though that may vary and he often brings Arkhan the Black and a vampire lord on Zombie Dragon, those guys are kinda hard to ignore if I should put everything on hunting the Mournghoul...

Well mourngul is pretty a beast.

Against us the thing that really skyrockets him is the -1 to hit to blightkings which negate all their damage. 

My personal advice to fight against a mourngul is to flood him. Go for a block of 28 marauders with plaguetouched, fly them with sayl and watch they cripple him while the test of your  army is free to do what they want. Also 180 points vs 400. It would took an sentire battle to tale them out if buffed by a harbinger and with crown of conquest.

Unfortunately the mourngul is tanky, even too much. So instead of trying to kill him (with our lacking damage output) ignore  it and play your game. Also a unit of plaguebearer can work but i think that sayl is mandatory for winning.

57 minutes ago, shadowgra said:

Well mourngul is pretty a beast.

Against us the thing that really skyrockets him is the -1 to hit to blightkings which negate all their damage. 

My personal advice to fight against a mourngul is to flood him. Go for a block of 28 marauders with plaguetouched, fly them with sayl and watch they cripple him while the test of your  army is free to do what they want. Also 180 points vs 400. It would took an sentire battle to tale them out if buffed by a harbinger and with crown of conquest.

Unfortunately the mourngul is tanky, even too much. So instead of trying to kill him (with our lacking damage output) ignore  it and play your game. Also a unit of plaguebearer can work but i think that sayl is mandatory for winning.

This works, until the death players remembers he can fly then just retreats for a turn. Ends up being a game of chase 

1 hour ago, Arkiham said:

This works, until the death players remembers he can fly then just retreats for a turn. Ends up being a game of chase 

U can't do nothing else imho. Better making him wasting a turn than trying to kill it when you just can't. 

Until newer battletome mourngul is a full stop to nurgle. Imho OFC ^^

7 minutes ago, shadowgra said:

U can't do nothing else imho. Better making him wasting a turn than trying to kill it when you just can't. 

Until newer battletome mourngul is a full stop to nurgle. Imho OFC ^^

This is seriously stupid. I am basiscally being forced to bring non Nurgle units if I am to stand a chance and even then my chances looks very grim. Maybe the guys at GW should stop throwing all their energy into 40K and Stormcasts and smooth out some of the errors that bring this otherwise great game down.

Man I am salty now..

Archived