Played a game on Saturday night at the FLGS. My chaos army, led by the Pus-Lord, attacked a Death force protecting a necromantic workshop. We used The Watchtower battleplan and just eye-balled the sizes of the forces.

IMG_2651.jpg

Von Kreiger and his minions.

IMG_2650.jpg

The Pus-Lord forms a battle line to capture Von Kreiger the necromancer's vile workshop.

IMG_2642.jpgIMG_2640.jpg

The advance is sounded.

IMG_2653.jpg

The initial clash of steel as the Pus-lord's warriors make a dash for the workshop (the watchtower for this game) before the rest of the Death forces can get into position.

IMG_2646.jpg

After a doing well in the first battleround the chaos forces come under pressure as the undead army advances.

IMG_2649.jpg

The fell vampire lord Nashoran swoops in on a flank, targeting the tunderscorn.

IMG_2647.jpg

My right flank collapses as the chaos knights join the fight on the left.

With The Watchtower battleplan you roll to see if the game continues at the end of the third battleround and this is what happened. It was all over rather quickly. I didn't have time to put any units into the workshop and the presence of Nashoran and his dragon weren't fully felt. I think if there had been one more turn I may have pulled off a victory but if there had been two or more I had no chance. We called it a draw thinking that Von Kreiger was whisked from the battlefield by the vampire lord leaving his empty workshop to the Nurgle forces.

It was too short a game to learn anything much. My dragon ogres are a good tar pit unit but don't put out much damage. Maybe a unit of six would be better. Vampire lords on dragons are very good. We have another game planned in a few weeks using SCGT.

IMG_2648.jpg

IMG_2643.jpg

IMG_2639.jpg

IMG_2645.jpg

IMG_2641.jpg

IMG_2652.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well-painted models on a scenic battlefield - lovely to see! :)

I'm also liking the drift towards round bases in folk's pics generally, nothing against squares but for me the round ones both look and work better.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived