Rules question

Aebal

Hello!

I'm new to AoS and I started with Death, the themathic I like the most :)

Me and my group like to play matched play, and was a deception to know that summons must be counted as part of the army (reserve). Maybe the other way was too over. To summon 10 or 20 skeletons over and over again hehe

BUT! A games workshop manager of the city i live said me that you cannot create a new unit, but you can instead regenerate units who has lost models. I knew that, for example, the ability of the skeleton standard bearer let you put d6 skeletons on your hero phase. That doesn't cost reserve points. But what the gw manager said is that I can launch the spell summon skeletons on a unit of skeletoms to regenerate slain models (just as standard bearer does). 

It sounds me as he is trying to convince me that summoning can be as I wanted to be, but I prefer to play as rules intend to be. We like matched play and thats the way we want to play, so please, answer me: Can I launch the spell "summon skeleton" to a unit of skeletons in order to refill the unit? 

Thanks!

you can use the stendards to replenish the unots that possess the to the max number of those units.

If you want to create new units you have to have the points to do it, so you have to have reserved  points for summoning. And cast the adeguate spell to create the unot (the stendars are not such).

The spell summon skeletons cannot regenerate units models, only create new units.

2 hours ago, Gotrek said:

This makes me wonder if allowing summon spells to replenish units for free wouldn't help death out a lot or if it would be OP

well lets say on a 7+ to replenish 2D6 models to a unit, but cannot go above starting unit model count i think would be fine. as it would be fairly easy to cast, but not overpowered.

On 25/4/2017 at 11:52 AM, Gotrek said:

This makes me wonder if allowing summon spells to replenish units for free wouldn't help death out a lot or if it would be OP

I don't think so, you could use only ne anyway.

Anyway such problem doesn't exist cause you can't

17 hours ago, deynon said:

it's not about GH, but the text of the enchantment

Lol I know how the spell reads, I know it doesn't work that way right now. That doesn't mean I can't hope that in GHB2 they don't make changes to reinforcements to help a brother out or update our warscrolls to let us replenish units better. Like courtier spamming for FEC, give the rest of us something that can do something similar.

6 hours ago, Gotrek said:

Lol I know how the spell reads, I know it doesn't work that way right now. That doesn't mean I can't hope that in GHB2 they don't make changes to reinforcements to help a brother out or update our warscrolls to let us replenish units better. Like courtier spamming for FEC, give the rest of us something that can do something similar.

I repeat myself: it's not related to a GH2, but enchantment\unit description. You are better in hoping a new battletome about it, not a new GH2

Archived