Let's chat Kharadron Overlords

Dez

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Oldmanlee said:

Hi all 

I'm going to be starting this army on Friday my question is can you build a semi competitive list round two ironclads at all? 

I would say most likely. 
There was a list that came 15th recently that had triple ironclad, and most have 1. 
So I dont see 2 being a bad thing :) But I guess it falls into the age old arugument of 'boyz over toyz'. 
It all depends what else you were planning on adding? 
I'd probably build it around a zilfin 1 drop with balloon boyz for a big alpha strike, having one deep strike in and the other zoom up to assist with the ability 

Hey!

I have a quick question, just to be sure i am using Endrinriggers right. I have unit of 6 with 2 grapnel's -> Can i shoot one, move my models, and then shoot the second one, to move again?
I'm planning big endrinriger list for competetive play, like the Unlocking video :)

5 hours ago, MayItBe said:

Hey!

I have a quick question, just to be sure i am using Endrinriggers right. I have unit of 6 with 2 grapnel's -> Can i shoot one, move my models, and then shoot the second one, to move again?
I'm planning big endrinriger list for competetive play, like the Unlocking video :)

Yes, the way the rules are written and how I've seen it played, you can!

On 10/25/2017 at 11:53 AM, Oldmanlee said:
5 hours ago, MayItBe said:

Hey!

Wouldn't that be wrong because the grapnels fire at the end of the shooting phase simultaneously (which is the way I've played it)

3 minutes ago, Naflem said:

My recollection is there's something someplace that says when multiple things happen "at the start of X phase" or "at the end of X phase" you can pick the order they happen in relation to each other. 

Yes, you could use 2 units one after another, this is clear. I'm asking about using 2 or more grapnels one by one in one unit. Unit of 9 would be capable in 72" movement in shooting phase.

I feel like it would fall under the same situation as splitting shots(Since they are the same weapon type on the same unit), you could do it but say you declared them both and the first missed you wouldnt even have a chance to make the second.

12 hours ago, Drofnum said:

I saw this list from a recent tournament, I heard they took 15th but no idea how many total players were involved.  I would bring some balloons for movement cause everything being 4" will hurt for objective capping.

image.png

Look like this is wipe out army with 24 Light Skyhook shot per battleline with buff.lol 

13 hours ago, Drofnum said:

I saw this list from a recent tournament, I heard they took 15th but no idea how many total players were involved.  I would bring some balloons for movement cause everything being 4" will hurt for objective capping.

image.png

Maybe the additional footnote should be “this Army is rarely fun to play” watch as I shoot you with skyhooks and slowly walk towards the objectives. 

19 hours ago, MayItBe said:

Hey!

Rules as written probably, but don't be that guy.  Really, just don't

8 hours ago, Karl said:

Maybe the additional footnote should be “this Army is rarely fun to play” watch as I shoot you with skyhooks and slowly walk towards the objectives. 

Oh yeah it seems awful.  I also dont think it would be all that effective either.  I mean it would kill stuff but objectives would be pretty hard to get to.

On 10/26/2017 at 3:07 PM, Drofnum said:

image.png

Note, it took 15th out of 32 players. It’s not a tourney smashing list, arkanauts are not the meanest or leanest killers in the game even at range

1 hour ago, Mikester1487 said:

I don't know that list has it's own place in fun for me.  Has solid shooting, 3 buffers to pick off targets, and the right traits to hold objectives.

No different than stormcast taking vanguard crossbows and walking forward to give you some fresh mortal wounds

I prefer some variety in units personally.  Also assembling and painting that many company models would make me hate everything haha.

Just my personal preference really.

I'm curious to know what peoples' thoughts are on including a few Gyrocopters as allies for the army. They in effect cause 1/3 of a units numbers in wounds once within 6" and they are fast enough to offer support to the rest of our ships/balloon boys. At 80 points they aren't horrendously costed and even bring more bombs to the table.

On 10/23/2017 at 10:11 PM, Zetsu20 said:

That because brokk has 3 range weapon and 1 powerful melee weapon but i think if his cost was reduce to 280pt. That'll be great. ?

Brokk is a unit of 9 balloon boys, they consistently will put out more damage and bring more to the table then Brokk for this army. 300 points is a huge chunk of the army and whilst he has a decent melee weapon, his firepower is laughable for 300 points regardless of how cool the names of the weapons are.

12 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

I would drop 1 Khemist and one unit of 40 Company to 10.  With those 500 freed up points, I would buy 9 Endrinriggers (2 Grapple) and 3 Gryph Hounds (probably).

I’d drop a bit more and add cheap screens and objective holders

20 hours ago, Auretious Taak said:

I'm curious to know what peoples' thoughts are on including a few Gyrocopters as allies for the army. They in effect cause 1/3 of a units numbers in wounds once within 6" and they are fast enough to offer support to the rest of our ships/balloon boys. At 80 points they aren't horrendously costed and even bring more bombs to the table.

Brokk is a unit of 9 balloon boys, they consistently will put out more damage and bring more to the table then Brokk for this army. 300 points is a huge chunk of the army and whilst he has a decent melee weapon, his firepower is laughable for 300 points regardless of how cool the names of the weapons are.

For 80 pt. i prefer Knight-Azyros for just one turn in shooting phase with all army that can re-roll hit roll of 1....that worth enough.

2 hours ago, Zetsu20 said:

For 80 pt. i prefer Knight-Azyros for just one turn in shooting phase with all army that can re-roll hit roll of 1....that worth enough.

Im on this guys side 
80 points for the azyros is a steal, it just seems to blend so well with KO as a whole! 
Give it a try out and see how you like it :)

He does sound fun but as mentioned after one turn and 3 wounds he's pretty much a gonner.  Also gives your opponent an idea of where you'll drop in a ship or a heavy hitter with shooting so they can plan accordingly. 

Best way to know for sure is play a couple of games with one though! I was under the impression that his buff only applied to stormcast, but that is not the case it seems.

Archived