Tournament - 2k Khorne list

Lardidar

1 minute ago, thejughead said:

Killax, the rule "Rage of Khorne" states otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feel free to continue with your incorrect opinion.

Fact is what is written.

Rage_of_Khorne.jpg 

What is written is that When they attack, add 1 to the Attacks characteristic of all melee weapons used by units affected by the Rage of Khorne.

Rules as written do not state that you cannot be under the influence of multiple Rage of Khorne effects. 

Look many people have already weighed in on this.  Many Tournament Organizers have too.  Many disagree with your point above.  The wording was changed.  I'm sure the wording in the rule of one in GHB2 will also reinforce this.  You are free to explain to your opponent how you feel it should work, but the original poster specifically asked about tournament play.  And while you feel that it meets the stacking requirement, most TOs don't.  Lardidar, I would check with the TO on his ruling.  I hope this type of lawyering stays in 40k.

6 minutes ago, thejughead said:

I'm sure the wording in the rule of one in GHB2 will also reinforce this.  

Lardidar, I would check with the TO on his ruling.  I hope this type of lawyering stays in 40k.

We cannot live by GHB2 assumptions.

Certain Tournaments will use different House-rules, others don't. The simple fact of the matter is that SCGT's House-rules speficially mention that effects of abilities do not stack, meanwhile GW's FAQ does allow Rage of Khorne to stack.

As before, there are over a dozen changes in the Blades of Khorne book. Many are found in the Battalions, Command Abilities and Keywords. Most of them have been changed in order to work with the Khorne Allegiance, Blood Tithe point system and Khorne Bloodbound/Khorne Daemons specialized Allegiances.

I completely agree with you that checking with the TO is the best thing to do. If locally rules as written is used, for fun, competative reasons or general mayhem it's incorrect to imply SCGT's House-rules are a supplement to every Khorne army or game. 

Guys can we please try and keep this to the original question on @Lardidar's 2k list?  The Bloodsecrator debate has been done to death already and isn't an appropriate argument for this post!

@Lardidar

I like what you've written so far (it's not a million miles away from my own list).  As it stands, you're going to have a lot of unit drops, so going to be handing choice of first turn to your opponent pretty much every game.  I'd be aiming for 12 drops or under.  Possibly merging a couple of units of Bloodreavers and Bloodwarriors (this would give you a Goreglaive option for the warriors too).  It's very much a overwhelm your opponent with bodies style list :)

As you'll likely have gathered, none of the battalions on offer mesh with your army without adding in new units.  Dark Feast would require a Slaughterpriest, Goretide requires an Exalted Deathbringer and two units of Skullreapers and Bloodbound Warband needs more.

Which tournament in June are you going to?

3 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Dark Feast would require a Slaughterpriest, Goretide requires an Exalted Deathbringer and two units of Skullreapers and Bloodbound Warband needs more.

Dark Feast is the cheapest (money and points wise) route and makes the bloodreavers into a great board control threat.

5 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

Which tournament in June are you going to?

I'm going to Newcastle warlords summer slaughter...looking forward to getting a few games in. Also thanks for pulling it back on topic.

@Killax on the Goretide ... the 40 points is great for what you get but does it not need a Slaughterborn battalion to take it.. therefore 2 skullreapers and a deathbringer or am I misunderstanding something?

I agree that it stacks as it states the specific model giving the buff, I think the SCGT guys are great but push their agenda to point. If you don't want it to stack state it in your pack if an it's an event or House rule if you have a problem with it. DoT and BoK need an FAQ sooner than later, even to clarify things for people playing open and narrative play. 

RE RAGE OF KHORNE

Until GW FAQ this can we just shut up about it.

There have been over five pages wasted on the other khorne thread about this and no-one has arrived at a resolution.  Please, agree to disagree or just start a thread on its own about it.

While your at it make it a proper battle and the losers agree to buy the other camp a pack of blood warriors or something to compound the futility of defeat even more.

9 hours ago, Lardidar said:

@Killax on the Goretide ... the 40 points is great for what you get but does it not need a Slaughterborn battalion to take it.. therefore 2 skullreapers and a deathbringer or am I misunderstanding something?

Not at all, I'd keep it this way, mistook the Wrathmongers for Skullreapers in my mind and thought you where allready half-way. 

As before I think your set up is solid. Good luck at Newcastle warlords summer slaughter! May the dice be with you. 

10 hours ago, Lardidar said:

I'm going to Newcastle warlords summer slaughter...looking forward to getting a few games in. Also thanks for pulling it back on topic.

Looks like you've picked a nice event as your first :)  Had a quick flick through the event pack and would say that it's fairly "normal" as things go (though you do need to take 5 pieces of terrain).

Archived