Alternative Color Schemes for Khorne Bloodbound?

Hello yall,

I went and bought my first Bloodbound minis on a whim (found the Easy to Build Bloodreavers at 6€!).

Now I'm looking for alternative color schemes to try out on these 5 models:

I want to try the Bonearmor look that I saw here by uselesswizard.  Looks gorgeous!
Also want to try an Iron Horde look that I saw here by Stealth_Hobo. Also very pretty.

Any other schemes other then the classic Brass + Red that is the standard for Khorne? Ty in advance :)

- Munch

Id love to see some alternative styles too, got an amry of Khorne waiting to be built :D

Red ones look amazing imo but a bit too time consuming, Ive seen some yellow ones (which aint my cup of tea), some blue ones (think they were Tzeentch chosen or warriors or w.e though) and Ive seen the bone ones too and some totally silver and dirty.

Kinda like the bony look and I like the dark silver look too but Id wanna see some more too!

Black skin with a bone armour its the best looking style in mi opinion. The skin contrast so well with the armour... 

Other style that I like its violet layering to orange-red. Maybe its heresy to some, but I have seen armies painted like this, as if the armour was ignited and just very very hot, and it looks very good. But its hard to do it justice!

On 13/04/2017 at 11:31 PM, Galas said:

Black skin with a bone armour its the best looking style in mi opinion. The skin contrast so well with the armour... 

Other style that I like its violet layering to orange-red. Maybe its heresy to some, but I have seen armies painted like this, as if the armour was ignited and just very very hot, and it looks very good. But its hard to do it justice!

I plan to do Mine just like that. Black skin and bone armour / some weapons with maybe red helmets for champions

I think a clear brown will work with the red skin and bone colour. But if the skin is gonna be a brigther tone of red maybe a darker brown for the pants will work better.

I really like the red skin. It makes them look very corrupted and daemonic.

In the original Bloodbound Battletome (not sure if this piece is in the recent one), there's a piece of artwork where the Skullfiend Tribe have very dark purple armour with gold trim and red detailing. They are fighting a load of Skeletons if you were looking for the art I mentioned.

Your red skin shown is great - very reminiscent of Wrathmongers!

On 22.4.2017 at 1:49 AM, Circus of Paint said:
In the original Bloodbound Battletome (not sure if this piece is in the recent one), there's a piece of artwork where the Skullfiend Tribe have very dark purple armour with gold trim and red detailing. They are fighting a load of Skeletons if you were looking for the art I mentioned.
Your red skin shown is great - very reminiscent of Wrathmongers!

Thanks for the Skullfiend Tribe tip.

The picture is really bad, might be a blessing or a curse [emoji1]

After that pic I added some more highlights with Wildrider Red and brought it back down with glazes of medium+Mephiston Red. Really liked the result. Will try to get a better picture of the model a when I find/buy new charger for my EOS 400.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

2.jpg.028df4fdfb9ccab6274342e8f2243321.jpg

WIP Skull Reaper with this scheme. No dry brush this time.

edit. (just noticed.. :( )

<- That thigh really got wrecked. I tried a gray highlight on it and didnt like what I got and painted it out and apparently managed to mess up the texture real bad :(

Archived