Using Pools on club nights

4 hours ago, NiallJC1984 said:

We use SCGT and work to 100 :) but we're lucky that we're not being chased off tables after 2 hours :)

Lol, wouldn't say we were that strict! - usually we get two games a night in so 2 hours about fits that time frame.

100 pools seems like a good size to start with, I guess it depends on the battleplan being used too

We use pools in our games, mostly because they're simple and scrollbuilder.com is such a simple site. We've been playing with roughly 50 pools, as that's as far as our group has come. Highly recommended, as it really speeds up deciding game times!

We use SCGT at our club, it makes life so much easier.

It means you dont need to pre-arrange a game, or spend any time before the game discussing what to use as everyone is already on equal footing with their armies. It has actually re-energised the interest in AoS for some members, as we have a few (myself included) who enjoy writing a list which we lost when AoS was released.

We don't know what we will do when matched play comes out, if the points are rubbish then we will keep using SCGT I expect.

As a club, we too use SCGT, about 75 pools for now as we only have 2 hours to play and like to finish. Although we are starting an escalating campaign this Tuesday and for the immediate future. Starting with a General and 3 units and building warbands from there. It has a mechanic for adding to your army and increasing stats on your units for next battle. Much like the Path to Glory campaign.

75 is a good number for weeknight club games.  It's big enough that you can deploy most "normal" formations (in my experience, a LOT of formations clock in at about 50 pools, +/-) with a bit extra.  And it's small enough that you're not going to fight with closing time very often.

100 pool is our level at HATE and we often bring the extra 50 as a sideboard. We've usually got a solid 4-5 hours of time each night, but by the 2 hour mark we're usually pretty close to wrapping up. Mainly because of heavy drinking

Archived