What can't be Chaosified?

Furious

I had an idea a while ago to do a dual army - mostly Brets and Freeguild, but Nurgled up, and I'd use them interchangeably: 

Pegasus Knights <----> Plague Drones

Flagellants <----> Plague Censor Bearers

Trebuchet <----> Plague Claw

Great Swords <----> Chaos Warriors

Freeguild Guard <----> Marauders

etc etc

Another topic in the Destruction forum reminded me of it (he's got IJs that are all Khorney), which got me thinking - what can't be corrupted? 

I suspect Seraphon, Stormcast and Sylvaneth are resistant? How do Aelves, regular Duardin, Orruks, Necromancers, Ogors and the rest feel about the temptations of Chaos? Is there any evidence, Old World or the new realms, of any of these races having small groups devoted to any Chaos gods?

As well, how do people feel about duel armies like this? This is probably the best example I've seen.

So, back when I were a lad, when Realm of Chaos, Slaves to darkness came out, you could roll on the table for your lord to see what race he was.

Stormcast I suppose are so intertwined with Sigmar that he could probably snuff out their light if they got corrupted, Seraphon don't know - possession?

Sylvaneth - don't know enough about them, but I suspect that wood elves can be corrupted as much as any other race.  In the old game chaos had its own ogre who had turned away form the great maw, the same with trolls, and the underlying theme was that chaos can corrupt everything it touches to some degree.

I like that Mousillon army, I think as long as the army is done right and its pretty obvious what its supposed to be I don't see why it would be a problem, especially when you can see the amount of effort and cost that's gone into it.

I am also interested in this kind of topic. I was thinking of buying dragon blades and dragonlord and paint them in a color (I do not know the exact color yet, but I guess it will be a sort of purple or dark green) and use them also as blood knights and VLoZD. To be honest I do not like at all the model of the VLoZD so I would go for the high elf dragonlord instead. As I say I do not know if that would be possible but I would try to make two armies out of one if I can paint them properly, and use a few units extra from each army to complete them 100% (let us say archmage for order draconis and some skeletons/zombies for death)

I would think the only things that can't are any of the undead, though vampires could potentially? Greenskins could likely be manipulated, and you often see chaos converted orruks, but I don't know of evidence of them actually being controlled by/worshipping the chaos gods. Black orcs in fantasy were created by chaos dwarfs, but they escaped and have nothing chaos about them.

Ogors and trolls definitely can, there have been several kits of them. Dark Elves had a cult of Slaanesh so they can as well. 

1 hour ago, Soulsmith said:

I would think the only things that can't are any of the undead, though vampires could potentially? Greenskins could likely be manipulated, and you often see chaos converted orruks, but I don't know of evidence of them actually being controlled by/worshipping the chaos gods. Black orcs in fantasy were created by chaos dwarfs, but they escaped and have nothing chaos about them.

Ogors and trolls definitely can, there have been several kits of them. Dark Elves had a cult of Slaanesh so they can as well. 

In ye olde 8th edition during the end times there was a vampire lord on a dragon who had submitted to khorne.

I was hoping they'd have given it rules but alas no

5 hours ago, Arkiham said:

In ye olde 8th edition during the end times there was a vampire lord on a dragon who had submitted to khorne.

I was hoping they'd have given it rules but alas no

indeedy, and lets not forget that Krell himself was a chaos champion raised by Kemler - who later discovered in the end times that he was still a fully serving chaos champion even in undeath.

9 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

indeedy, and lets not forget that Krell himself was a chaos champion raised by Kemler - who later discovered in the end times that he was still a fully serving chaos champion even in undeath.

Must have missed or forgot that part. Which book is that in 

11 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

Incorrect, He WAS a champion of khorne but now he is serving nagash and manipulating kemmler. Krell was the master kemmler was the puppet that was the reveal. Arkhan and krell pretty much had a silent conversation with each other while Arkhan noting he also bears the shadow of nagash like him and manny. Then krell turns around to help kemmler up and brush off the dirt on his clothes during the end times. 

After kemmler get's owned by Arkhan and nagash is resurrected Krell was upgraded to a proper lord and became the mortarch of despair(Krell is mentioned in the grand alliance death tome). 

With the undead the chaos gods could do it but the issue is that it's not worth the effort or the long time needed to do so since by large chaos does not really have anything to offer vampires or practitioners of necromancy. They are already powerful, physically and mentally and also immortal which is the one main things chaos uses to hook people in. 

It's why Teclis by large set up nagash to face chaos in end times and why Shyish in AOS is still contested. The undead largely don't desire the things chaos offers they don't need it. 

The onlu vampire lord that willingly submitted to khorne was Walach because he did not want to live in a world that nagash desires. In the end times he got killed by his own undead dragon by vlad because he sucked at necromancy. 

I honestly believe that we'll see Chaos Stormcast at some point. I think it will be brought upon by the reforging process, and Something that Nagash does with the intention of bringing them back to him. All orchestrated by Tzeench, ofc.

Ogres have always seemed like a faction that Pappa Nurgle would love to get his hands on. The thought of Nurgle Ogres make me smile. I'm not well versed in Ogre lore though, so I don't know how lore-friendly this would be.

Something I don't think would happen, but would love to see, would be Slaanesh Aelves. Not to far from Dark Eldar, but with more of a Chaos taint. Hybrid Aelves/Daemonettes for example.

29 minutes ago, mrstimpson38 said:

I honestly believe that we'll see Chaos Stormcast at some point. I think it will be brought upon by the reforging process, and Something that Nagash does with the intention of bringing them back to him. All orchestrated by Tzeench, ofc.

Ogres have always seemed like a faction that Pappa Nurgle would love to get his hands on. The thought of Nurgle Ogres make me smile. I'm not well versed in Ogre lore though, so I don't know how lore-friendly this would be.

Something I don't think would happen, but would love to see, would be Slaanesh Aelves. Not to far from Dark Eldar, but with more of a Chaos taint. Hybrid Aelves/Daemonettes for example.

I don't think we will ever see chaos stormcast we already have chaos armies being their own thing. A GUO while gripping a stormcast eternal filling him with all the diseases of nurgle notes his faith won't break but they can still get information. 

The whole point of stormcast is being the "order" version of chaos warriors. Also nagash just wants their souls along with marked chaos followers. Stormcast faith levels are at the level of sisters of battle or even beyond that like the saint. They are infused with a piece of sigmar's essence. 

11 hours ago, shinros said:

Incorrect, He WAS a champion of khorne but now he is serving nagash and manipulating kemmler. Krell was the master kemmler was the puppet that was the reveal. Arkhan and krell pretty much had a silent conversation with each other while Arkhan noting he also bears the shadow of nagash like him and manny. Then krell turns around to help kemmler up and brush off the dirt on his clothes during the end times. 

After kemmler get's owned by Arkhan and nagash is resurrected Krell was upgraded to a proper lord and became the mortarch of despair(Krell is mentioned in the grand alliance death tome). 

With the undead the chaos gods could do it but the issue is that it's not worth the effort or the long time needed to do so since by large chaos does not really have anything to offer vampires or practitioners of necromancy. They are already powerful, physically and mentally and also immortal which is the one main things chaos uses to hook people in. 

It's why Teclis by large set up nagash to face chaos in end times and why Shyish in AOS is still contested. The undead largely don't desire the things chaos offers they don't need it. 

The onlu vampire lord that willingly submitted to khorne was Walach because he did not want to live in a world that nagash desires. In the end times he got killed by his own undead dragon by vlad because he sucked at necromancy. 

ok I stand corrected.  I just looked in my original terror of the Lichmaster box from back in 2nd edition and Krell was a "champion of the gods of Chaos, once the scourge of the world.)

In respect to the OP's question, back in the days of Realm of Chaos (slaves to Darkness ) one of the auxiliary lists you could take was undead but if the allegiance was Khorne then the contingent had to be led by a skeleton champion as all the rest - vampires / liche or mecromancer were magic users.

14 hours ago, Arkiham said:

Must have missed or forgot that part. Which book is that in 

sorry. my mistake.

55 minutes ago, shinros said:

I don't think we will ever see chaos stormcast we already have chaos armies being their own thing. A GUO while gripping a stormcast eternal filling him with all the diseases of nurgle notes his faith won't break but they can still get information. 

The whole point of stormcast is being the "order" version of chaos warriors. Also nagash just wants their souls along with marked chaos followers. Stormcast faith levels are at the level of sisters of battle or even beyond that like the saint. They are infused with a piece of sigmar's essence. 

isnt hammerhand being changed by archaon or something ?

1 hour ago, mrstimpson38 said:

who need chaos stormcas?! We have blood warriors, putrid blightkings, skull reapers, tzaangors, also chaos warriors with all amrks, i dont need retributors in chaos, i like put +1 to hit to blightkings, daemonic power spell, and see him take 15 wound rolls, or reduce them to pulp with 10 chaos warriors with chaos mark, two hand weapons and 4 atacks per guy at 3+, 3+ and rending -1

This isnt 40 k, we dont need them! xD

33 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

isnt hammerhand being changed by archaon or something ?

Er no he is absolutely fine read all-gates all Archaon did was touch the lightning all it caused was sparks. He is reforged ready to go sigmar infused hammerhand with a bit more power and threw him and his army at skarbrand to take back the realm of fire all point. (He succeeded with the help of a extremis chamber)

From a sales standpoint, I'd imagine that whatever would sell in a Chaos form can be Chaosified.  ?

From a story perspective, we truly don't have that answer yet.  While it is true that there were some basic rules in the World That Was (Elves and Dwarfs ae highly resistant, Orcs and Lizardmen appeared immune to turning the Chaos, but could still be wracked with Mutation, etc...), the truth is that we aren't in the World That Was anymore.  We're hundreds, thousands, or maybe even hundreds of thousands of years beyond that, in a world or series of worlds made of the essence of magic.  Hell, maybe none of this exists at all and is all happening in the minds of the Incarnates nearly instantly as the Old World crumbles around them. 

Since we don't know all the rules of this world, I'd say anything falling o Chaos is still possible.

Didn't one of the Stormcast turn in the books? Trying not to spoil anything here. So even they can be gotten. Dark Elves have the cult of Slaanesh so yup they can be got too. A Vampire of Khorne on zombie dragon was a thing and there are (Nagash levels of awful sculpts) Chaos Ogres. 

I presume if it works in The World that Was its still valid.

Archived