'Competitive' Disciples of Tzeentch

Drillz

5 minutes ago, Cookiez said:

Too bad. Is there any consensus about the Changehost list for GH2 for now?

Changehost lost its swapping fun for the most part, its now 100 points more and Balewind Vortex got a rule change so you cant swap a LoC on top of it.

And Host Duplicious that includes Changehost is now 310 points overall only for formations. :/

So, imho, i dont see it as very competitive any more.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which one would be better? I got a horde heavy meta with a good Free Peoples player now, that's why the Gaunt + Vortex. I kinda like the first list more, since the second shaman (the first one rides with Skyfires) gives +1 to wound for Tzaangors and can bring them back - which, overall is as good as having 30 of them, but on the other hand I recognise, that Shaman is not in a good spot right now. Although the third 10 of Tzaangors is great with the discount but the footstep of the unit is so huuuge i rarely even attack with half of the models... Thoughts?

1. Allegiance: Tzeentch
Leaders
Lord Of Change (300)
- General
- Command Trait : Magical Supremacy
- Artefact : Wellspring of Arcane Might
- Lore of Change : Tzeentch's Firestorm
Tzaangor Shaman (160)
- Lore of Fate : Shield of Fate
Tzaangor Shaman (160)
- Lore of Change : Unchecked Mutation
Gaunt Summoner (120)
- Lore of Change : Treason of Tzeentch
Units
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (120)
- Lore of Change : Bolt of Tzeentch
9 x Tzaangor Skyfires (600)
20 x Tzaangors (360)
10 x Chaos Marauders (60)
- Mark of Chaos : Tzeentch
Scenery
Balewind Vortex (100)

2. Allegiance: Tzeentch
Leaders
Lord Of Change (300)
- General
Tzaangor Shaman (160)
- Lore of Fate : Shield of Fate
Gaunt Summoner (120)
Units
9 x Tzaangor Skyfires (600)
30 x Tzaangors (450)
Scenery
Balewind Vortex (100)

I got a new list that I'm thinking about

loc 300

-tz firestorm

kairos 340

-fold reality

-ogroid 160

- inf arcanum

gaunt summ 120

-glimpse 

2x10 marauders 120

30 tzaangor 450

6 Skyfires 400

balewind 100

tot 1990

the only question is: 

fold reality with kairos is fantastic but can I use destiny dice for fold reality too? 

Anyway the list seems solid . I miss pink/blue orrors combo for hold points but I got kairos+ loc+ gaunt on balewind vortex that is scary about mortal wound output :) 

what do you think?:)

10 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

I got a new list that I'm thinking about

loc 300

-tz firestorm

kairos 340

-fold reality

-ogroid 160

- inf arcanum

gaunt summ 120

-glimpse 

2x10 marauders 120

30 tzaangor 450

6 Skyfires 400

balewind 100

tot 1990

the only question is: 

fold reality with kairos is fantastic but can I use destiny dice for fold reality too? 

Anyway the list seems solid . I miss pink/blue orrors combo for hold points but I got kairos+ loc+ gaunt on balewind vortex that is scary about mortal wound output :) 

what do you think?:)

i think that could be a good solution BUT even if i really love Ogroid, for the sam point i'd rather use Tzaangor Shaman 'cause the Skyfires

Ogroid is more solid in H2H than shaman but he cannot buffs skyfires

i think to use this list on a little tournament using the ghb 2017 battleplan, it work pretty well on my test game but if you got any suggestion i'm open to cHANge

Lord Of Change (300)

The Blue Scribes (120)

The Changeling (140)

Herald Of Tzeentch On Burning Chariot (200)
- Lore of Change : Arcane Transformation

Gaunt Summoner (120)
- Artefact : Windshief Charm
- Lore of Fate : Glimpse the Future

- Lore of Change : Fold Reality

30 x Blue Horrors Of Tzeentch (120)

30 x Brimstone Horrors Of Tzeentch (100)

Jabberslythe (120)

Battalions: Changehost (160)
Total: 1740/ 2000 Points

Summon point: 260

I just had my first game of GH17 last night. Went really well. Learned a few things (first time using skyfires) and pretty sure the list is strong/flexible. Looking for some feedback/criticism on the list to see how I can tweak it or if I should just stick with and practice more. 

Allegiance: Tzeentch

Leaders

Lord Of Change (300)
- General
- Trait: Magical Supremacy
- Artefact: Aspect of Tzeentch
- Lore of Change: Tzeentch's Firestorm

The Changeling (140)
- Lore of Change: Unchecked Mutation

Herald Of Tzeentch (120)
- Staff of Change
- Lore of Change: Bolt of Tzeentch

Tzaangor Shaman (160)
- Artefact: Spiteful Shield
- Lore of Fate: Shield of Fate

Battleline
- Lore of Change: Fold Reality

- Lore of Change: Fold Reality

- Lore of Change: Arcane Transformation

Units
10 x Blue Horrors Of Tzeentch (50)

10 x Blue Horrors Of Tzeentch (50)

30 x Brimstone Horrors Of Tzeentch (100)

6 x Tzaangor Skyfires (400)

Battalions
Changehost (160)

Reserves: (150)

Total: 1990/2000

Models I have for summoning are 

10 blues (50)

Balewind (100)

3 screamers (120)

Exalted flamer (120)

Herald of nurgle (100)

10 plague bearers (100)

Thoughts?

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Tizianolol said:

Ok thx, anyway kairos can be used for fold reality so no problem:) I think I have to switch ogroid for a tzaangor sham.. +1 to hit for Skyfires seems so important .. What do you think guys?:)

Yeah, he's almost a must with sky fires.

Unfortunately, the Ogroid doesn't get much recognition as far as any battalions. Too bad. He's a real wrecking crew. I just wish that there was more opportunity to use him.

i try a butch of stuff with the acolythes and i'm not convince so far.

-Alter-kin Coven:  don't fit in matched play, skyfire have nothing to do in it, and the dmg output is soooo low

-Witchfyre: Sound good but not really effective, a unit of 30 make more or less 7 wound before save, for 110pts + the pretty useless Enlightened it's not worth it

-Pyrofane cult: This one sound promessing but you must have multiple witchfyre coven to make it work well, so maybe with the new point value.

In conclusion in my experience Chaos Marauders  are a better choice than Kairic Acolythes so far

10 hours ago, zabbraxas said:

i try a butch of stuff with the acolythes and i'm not convince so far.

-Alter-kin Coven:  don't fit in matched play, skyfire have nothing to do in it, and the dmg output is soooo low

-Witchfyre: Sound good but not really effective, a unit of 30 make more or less 7 wound before save, for 110pts + the pretty useless Enlightened it's not worth it

-Pyrofane cult: This one sound promessing but you must have multiple witchfyre coven to make it work well, so maybe with the new point value.

In conclusion in my experience Chaos Marauders  are a better choice than Kairic Acolythes so far

many thanks for sharing your experience! probably not a unit for me.

• 4 months later...
2 minutes ago, AverageBoss said:

Well Changehost is the most competitive Tzeentch list by far, so I would say yes.

Good to hear. I wanted to make a daemon only list as a slow-grow to 2000. So far I'm trying to figure out what's worth taking, but dang are 1000pt lists hard to make for Tzeentch. This thread has helped a bit though, but correct me if I'm wrong. 

Pinks are good for annoyance or summoning on an objective; only take units of 10, and use Blues/Brims for objectives/tarpits. 

Gaunt Summoner on balewind is stupidly good.

Chariots are largely over costed. 

Screamers are generally useless except for late game objectives. 

Nearly all of the heroes have a place in the list. 

Flamers are stupidly good, but squishy and expensive. Plus the chance to heal your enemy is unreliable, but possibly fun. 

Ogroid Thaumaturges are a very welcome addition to the army, and pair well with pinks/blues/brims. 

Split for pinks shouldn't be relied on, but it can't hurt to set aside some points to summon something later in the game. 

Am I missing anything? I'm just starting out so let me know anything else that might be useful. 

Pinks are good in general for their cost, as they are essentially 10 wound wizard + archers, for only 120 points. Much better in a DoT list due to access to spell lores.

GS on BW is amazingly good against hordes. Does not do much at all to elite units, or those with good mortal wound protection. Also, a giant target for ranged armies.

I would also lump Flamers into the terrible category. Too fragile, and a complete lack of rend makes them awful for their point value (compare them to Longstrikes or even Judicators).

Ogriod is a fun and mid level choice. There are better options for full competitive. He does not pair well with anything really, except Tzaangors who get buffed by having an Arcanite Hero nearby.

8 hours ago, AverageBoss said:

Pinks are good in general for their cost, as they are essentially 10 wound wizard + archers, for only 120 points. Much better in a DoT list due to access to spell lores.

GS on BW is amazingly good against hordes. Does not do much at all to elite units, or those with good mortal wound protection. Also, a giant target for ranged armies.

I would also lump Flamers into the terrible category. Too fragile, and a complete lack of rend makes them awful for their point value (compare them to Longstrikes or even Judicators).

Ogriod is a fun and mid level choice. There are better options for full competitive. He does not pair well with anything really, except Tzaangors who get buffed by having an Arcanite Hero nearby.

So basically I ought to bring lumps of horrors of all colors to screen my heroes, and use the heroes for my primary damage sources? 

That is pretty much Changehost. Pink Horrors for quality, Brimstone for quantity. Lord of Change (some people use Kairos in addition, but always a LoC), and Blue Scribes are a must. Some people like the Changeling. People tend to summon heralds on foot, in range of the enemy to fire off their D6 mw spell.

Splitting is good for holding objectives, and is really the only time you will see blues.

Archived