How come Karios costs more than a LoC?

Davor

I don't know Age of Sigmar very well. I was making the Icewind Assault box for my army. Taking a small break from it. I played 2 games so slowly learning. But man those Tzeentch minis are beautiful. So I realized some of the minis from Silver Tower can be used for this so I took them out and trying to make an army out of them.

I pre ordered the Lord of Change mini. Looking at the Disciples of Tzeentch battletom (that is the correct name for codex correct?) wanting to know what I should make. Just curios how come Karios Fateweaver costs more than a Lord of Change. Looking at the pages, I don't see what makes Karios better over Lord of Change.

Can someone please explain to me as to why. Just trying to learn and see what I am missing.

I have missed the part of him modifying any rolls. Thank you Shadowheart, Going to double check right now and see how I missed it.

*edit*

Oh once a game. I didn't think it would have been worth that many point difference. I the big one is knowing any spells from friendly wizards. Is that really that powerful?

2 hours ago, Davor said:

I have missed the part of him modifying any rolls. Thank you Shadowheart, Going to double check right now and see how I missed it.

*edit*

Oh once a game. I didn't think it would have been worth that many point difference. I the big one is knowing any spells from friendly wizards. Is that really that powerful?

Part of the strength of this ability is that it is ANY roll apart from priority and it applies to opponents rolls.

So as an example, Archaon uses his ability to determine who goes first next turn. Bang, you can choose the outcome. Or, your opponents general is on his last wound, is rocking a 2+ save and you have managed a grand total of one wound? Bang, he fails that save. Or, your opponent is taking a battleshock test which on a 6 will remove a unit and give you control of an objective. Bang, it is a 6. In a pure Tzeentch army it is slightly less potent because you have a pool of your own destiny dice so it just enhances an already significant strength, but in a mixed Allegiance army it is also very helpful for your own rolls.

Basically if you are playing a game, and you or your opponent pick up a dice and you find yourself thinking "I really hope I / my opponent roll a X" then think about the fact that if you had Kairos you would be able to choose the result of that roll.

Additionally, the knowing other spells gives him access to spells from the Lore of Fate (iirc) that Daemons don't normally get. This gives him access to an extremely potent combat buff.

Overall I prefer the Lord of Change for flexibility of weapons, a command ability, and access to general traits and artefacts. But I also see the strength of Kairos.

Kiros is also powerful cause he learn all the spells of other Tz wizards. A lot of Tz spells are very powrful that can do D6 MW instead of D3 . But they are almost impossible to caste by its original owner cause they have a cast value of 8 or 9. Kiros can learn these spells, shot them with his superb casting ability. It is very easy for him to roll a 10 or 12 in casting dices which also makes it almost impossible to unbind.

On 1/29/2017 at 5:08 PM, Davor said:

I the big one is knowing any spells from friendly wizards. Is that really that powerful?

Considerably.

Let's say you've got two other mortal/arcanite wizards who know Infusion Arcanum (+1 to hit; +1 to wound) and Treacherous Bond (2+ look out sir).  Kairos is the only caster able to 'get' these spells and cast them both on the same turn along with Warpfire Blade.  The Warpfire Blade gives extra mortal wounds on 6s to wound and you can stick it on his beak...

Kairos can also use a single destiny dice of 5 (plus the LoC command ability) to cast something on an 11. 

The Warpfire Blade gives extra mortal wounds on 6s to wound and you can stick it on his beak...

Is this an artefact (generic term)? If so, he cannot do that. Otherwise agree with post.

Let's also remember the sheer psychological effect of the dice. Until it's spent the opponent is guaranteed to never take high risk high reward actions that could be easily foiled by Kairos. Even if never used that dice can put his weight on an entire game.

Archived