Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, is there a typo on the Reapers of Vengeance and The Bloodlords pages?  It says

" .... must contain the following:

• Blood hunt or Murderhost
  • 3-8 warscroll batallions
  • Any number of additional Khorne Daemon units or warscroll battalions"

Shouldn't there be a "may also contain" after the 1st bullet like with the Khorne Bloodbound warscrolls? Otherwise we're looking at a 2500 point game minmum... if that even works.

Yeah the game is not only made with Matched play in mind. 

The advantage for 2K Khorne is that the Battalions containing Daemons are cheap. Some like Murderhost are dirt cheap even.

Keep in mind, you can thake multiple Murderhost battalions.

Just now, phizzco said:

Like Daemon princes have no place anymore so and I went out of my way to buy the fw model so I'm a bit annoyed lol.

daemon prince is good in 1k games. you can make him a right beast.. 

18 minutes ago, phizzco said:

Like Daemon princes have no place anymore so and I went out of my way to buy the fw model so I'm a bit annoyed lol.

Huh?

I know AoS can be a bit confusing but as is mentioned in the Blades of Khorne book a lot of it revolves around the Keyword Khorne.
Currently this also means that Blades of Khorne does not cover all models that have the Khorne Keyword.

The other options you have are still in Slaves to Darkness and many of the Artefacts found in Blades of Khorne are also available to them.
As Arkiham said you can make a really good Khorne Daemon Prince for sure. One with Mark of the Slayer or The Crimson Crown is great for sure.

The only downside in my mind is that many of the Daemon Heroes, Daemon Prince included, don't make great Generals, due to the lack of a Command Ability. However because of that the mixed armies are also so great. You can use the Daemons for their powerful combat abilities and Heroes like Bloodsecrator or Bloodsecrator are really the only other Heroic support you might want to consider for all armies.

10 hours ago, TyrantOnTheHill said:

I have 2 boxes of bloodletters, with 1 model converted into a herald. Is the thunder and blood starter a good start with them for a Khorne army? What would be good further additions? maybe get the start collecting mortals box instead?

You have a good Daemon start. I personally think that picking up more would now be an ideal time. The Mighty Lord of Khorne with Bloodsecrator box is fantastic and other than that I personally prefer the seperate Blood Warrior and Bloodreaver boxes if possible to get.

• 2 weeks later...

Khorne allegiance abilities - do they apply only to the units listed in the Blades of Khorne book, or to anything with the Khorne keyword? Can you give Knights, Marauders, Gorebeast Chariots, etc the mark of Khorne and still use the BoK allegiance abilities?

12 minutes ago, Jamie the Jasper said:

Khorne allegiance abilities - do they apply only to the units listed in the Blades of Khorne book, or to anything with the Khorne keyword? Can you give Knights, Marauders, Gorebeast Chariots, etc the mark of Khorne and still use the BoK allegiance abilities?

yh

6 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

yh

Did you fall asleep on your keyboard or is this an abbreviation I'm not familiar with?? o.O

2 hours ago, Jamie the Jasper said:

The army that is full of Khorne Keywords as starting units can be a Khorne army :)

We do have several abilities being exclusive to some characters. Bloodbound has the most choice because it also has the Mortal Keywords. Slaves to Darkness only have the Mortal Keyword and Khorne Daemons only the Daemons.

As an army though, lots of choices. For characters it depends on their additional Keywords.

Just a simple question regarding the building f your lists.

Do you guy aim to get the minimum of drops when building your list? Or do you condede that point and maximise your model counts?

(i try to choose between fielding goretide+gorepilgrim OR goretide+plenty of efficient units)

If I'm facing a gun line I do what I can to decide who goes first. Either let him take it, hope I wear the first waive of missile fire (some of which might not yet be in range) then cross fingers for the double turn OR take first turn, wear the first missile waive then charge in. Murderhost and Blood Hunt battalions combined with bloodstoker & Wraith of Khorne Bloodthirster will help Bloodletters & flesh hounds get into combat first turn so when running that list I will take first turn. That will keep the gunline busy while the rest of your force catches up. 

Having control over who goes first isnt always critical though, especially with random turn order. Also no guarantee your opponent uses battalions so may not matter. 

13 hours ago, kozokus said:

Do you guy aim to get the minimum of drops when building your list? Or do you condede that point and maximise your model counts?

(i try to choose between fielding goretide+gorepilgrim OR goretide+plenty of efficient units)

It really depends per unit for me. Blood Warriors work in quantities of 10, Skull/Wrath in 5, Bloodletters in 30 etc.

I think that Gorepilgrim is awesome if you like Slaughterpriests. If you want to rely on units, Goretide just does more because quantity gets rewarded regardless.

In general aim to beat your meta works best. Slaughterpriests are awesome in wrecking Khorne for example or general low shooting armies. Though the typical trend remains to revolve around Hunters, Judicators, Skyfires and Rukk, which easily remove priests and tons of units can withstand that better, point for point.

I prefer running him with a Gorecleaver and the General Trait Berserker lord. Good protection and Output without a risk of losing him.

However, in this bataillon I still struggle whether to take violent urgency or Berserker lord.

On 7/1/2017 at 5:33 PM, phizzco said:

I think the biggest problem with the Daemon Prince is that he takes up a Leader slot in match play. Khorne almost always runs max Leaders at whatever game size you're playing because there are so many strong abilities. He's just a big combat hero. That's not to say he's bad, I just find that he tends to end up pushed aside for a hero that provides some other buff to my force, or is required by a battalion. 

On 7/17/2017 at 1:40 AM, kozokus said:

I find that those two coincide pretty often by accident. There's a lot of strong battalions to work with, and most have flexible sizes, so it's pretty easy to have a pretty optimized list AND a low drop count. A really good 3-drop army isn't unreasonable.

3 hours ago, Paul Conti said:

There's a lot of strong battalions to work with, and most have flexible sizes, so it's pretty easy to have a pretty optimized list AND a low drop count. A really good 3-drop army isn't unreasonable.

well, i have a different feeking. Once i paid for the goretide part, (MLoK, EDB, 30 warriors and 10 Reapers), i feel i need at least one Bloodsecrator. 

Then, when choosing the rest, i am very reluctant to pay for a bataillon that do not cheat with the movement phase.

I mean, in competitive play, what are the values of non goretide bataillon? Most of them only add something if you are already in contact, something you may have trouble getting in the first place.

Archived