Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

1 hour ago, Pompe said:

On one of his recent shows regarding Maggotkin the honest wargamer claimed it had been FAQ:d. That's why I'm asking, have not seen it myself. But clarity would be great!

The only thing that was on the word "any" in regards to targeting. Spells, abilities, prayers, etc all stack, or not, based purely on individual wording.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Pompe said:

On one of his recent shows regarding Maggotkin the honest wargamer claimed it had been FAQ:d. That's why I'm asking, have not seen it myself. But clarity would be great!

Dont know what that would be based on. There hasnt been an AoS FAQ/Errata since GH2017. 

Clarity certainly would be great but as before, it isnt in the latest :)

3 hours ago, Killax said:

Dont know what that would be based on. There hasnt been an AoS FAQ/Errata since GH2017.

A FAQ is supposed to be coming this month and i admit i am a bit afraid of what we can find inside, mostly about the Bloodstocker (stacking of not / Run and charge or not)

So with the new 40k Codex out and my focus being pretty much set on going Khorne Daemons heavy I decided to update the list for AoS and test this year without any Battalion and just litter the field with a ton of Blades of Khorne options.

Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirser [330]
- Immense Power
- The Crimson Crown
Bloodsecrator [120]
Slaughterpriest with Hackblade and Wrath-hammer [100]
- Killing Frenzy
Slaughterpriest with Hackblade and Wrath-hammer [100]
- Killing Frenzy
Bloodstoker [80]
Bloodstoker [80]

30 Bloodletters [270]
- Gore-drenched Icon
- Bloodsoaked Banner
- Hornblower
30 Bloodletters [270]
- Gore-drenched Icon
- Bloodsoaked Banner
- Hornblower
30 Bloodletters [270]
- Gore-drenched Icon
- Bloodsoaked Banner
- Hornblower
10 Blood Warriors [200]
- Goreaxes
- Icon Bearer
- Goreglaive
5 Wrathmongers [180]

Feedback is very welcome as always! 

-

@kozokus I really don't want to be sour but if they will do is like that (alone) I would like to know what GW had further planned for Khorne to do. Because great as all the new armies are it kind of highlights that Blood Tithe is becomming a more and more mediocre Allegiance Ability and well the removal of a stackable Bloodsecrator effect has allready pushed us down a notch...

We'll see :) I'm okay if they would finally adres the Keyword oddity on our mortals with daemons being just mortals.

6 minutes ago, Killax said:

We'll see :) I'm okay if they would finally adres the Keyword oddity on our mortals with daemons being just mortals.

Bloodcrusher beeing Daemons would make me field 6+ of them immediately. But I doubt this will happen.

About your list i played something very similar (With Gorepilgrim, so 1 less unit of Bloodletter and 1 talisman more) recently and am veryyyyy happy with that build.

Beeing undefeated is a thing, but what i like the most is the +6-7 run-charge bonus from the (actual) Bloodstocker which authorise a lot of sneaky play when playing objectives. Having your innocent Reaver unit running for 14-19" to ninja an objective is a thing to consider for the opponent. Plus, thoses Wrathmongers are always in charge range of that shiny monster.

17 minutes ago, kozokus said:

Bloodcrusher beeing Daemons would make me field 6+ of them immediately. But I doubt this will happen.

About your list i played something very similar (With Gorepilgrim, so 1 less unit of Bloodletter and 1 talisman more) recently and am veryyyyy happy with that build.

Beeing undefeated is a thing, but what i like the most is the +6-7 run-charge bonus from the (actual) Bloodstocker which authorise a lot of sneaky play when playing objectives. Having your innocent Reaver unit running for 14-19" to ninja an objective is a thing to consider for the opponent. Plus, thoses Wrathmongers are always in charge range of that shiny monster.

Well... Bloodcrushers are Daemons :P But even when Skullcrushers would get the Daemon Keyword it isn't breaking the meta in my opinion. But it would certainly enrich our builds and give our army additional functionalities. If GW is intended to limit our Khorne abilities that's one thing but first let them make the Keyword correct ;) 

Yeah the above list pretty much is easy to adapt to Gore Pilgrims or Murderhost. I'd love to add the Brazen Rune on the Bloodsecrator or a Talisman for a Slaughterpriest or Bloodstoker but it basically forces me to remove units and I like my units haha.

Ultimately I believe in applying our strenghts in pairs for the most time. So yeah double Bloodstoker is a thing, so is double Slaughterpriest (though it's certainly more dicey without Gore Pilgrims) but one of my favourite sub-Bloodsecrators remains the Wrathmongers. 

I always feel our efficiency comes in high numbers. It's a ton of drops but it isn't like I can really cut heavily into that and have an army I'd like to hobby with. 

Cheers,

4 minutes ago, Killax said:

so is double Slaughterpriest (though it's certainly more dicey without Gore Pilgrims)

I have thought about that more and more. Even with a casting at 4+ / 50%,  i can't find a wizard (khorne forgives me) in other factions that can cast two spells for 100 points with one of them beeing MShield and the other a D6 Mortal. Sure, you cast everything at -2 range and on 7.5/12 (if it was a spell, i know you can't roll 7.5+ but let's pretend) but you can stack and spam. And with the exception of the Ogroïd, other D6 spells are MUCH harder to cast (8-9-10) .

Going to gorepilgrim is making Priest to costs 160-145 points (depending if two or three) but you cast like a 6+ spell (gaining nine results in the 36 of 2D6) so 75%.

Compared to other faction, you only have the GauntSummonner that can cast two spells for a similar cost.

3 minutes ago, kozokus said:

I have thought about that more and more. Even with a casting at 4+ / 50%,  i can't find a wizard (khorne forgives me) in other factions that can cast two spells for 100 points with one of them beeing MShield and the other a D6 Mortal. Sure, you cast everything at -2 range and on 7.5/12 (if it was a spell, i know you can't roll 7.5+ but let's pretend) but you can stack and spam. And with the exception of the Ogroïd, other D6 spells are MUCH harder to cast (8-9-10) .

Going to gorepilgrim is making Priest to costs 160-145 points (depending if two or three) but you cast like a 6+ spell (gaining nine results in the 36 of 2D6) so 75%.

Compared to other faction, you only have the GauntSummonner that can cast two spells for a similar cost.

Yep certainly, only downside remains that when a 1 is rolled it doesn't only lead to a failure but also damage on top for the Slaughterpriest.
But the game and life is dicey as is, I'm okay with it :D 
Can't wait to recieve the orders I've made a few weeks ago to share some of the latest almost finished conversions!

7 hours ago, Pompe said:

Nope, they clarified later on. Or in another show later on. It's something to do with just dispossessed runesmith/runelord (I dunno, rune somethings) prayer. Specifically stops that being stacked. 

2 minutes ago, TheAdequateWargamer said:

I have solved the Khorgorath head problem*

*technically you could say its not even my idea, and that isn't my model, and that I haven't even attempted to do this yet, and yes you would be right, but watch this space!

I prefer the Bloodletter skull from the Khorne basing set.

If people want to see a face close up, just ask :) 

3e5582fbbb8500ad223f4c8730cff6d2.jpg

33 minutes ago, kozokus said:

You might also go with the Spriest because he does something that no other unit in the game does: pulls the an enemy unit out of position. In some scenarios that is priceless.

56 minutes ago, TheAdequateWargamer said:

You might also go with the Spriest because he does something that no other unit in the game does: pulls the an enemy unit out of position. In some scenarios that is priceless.

OMG, this.

One of my most fun moments in AoS was pulling a war mammoth out of its chaff screen and Khorning it to death.

3 minutes ago, Fireymonkeyboy said:

OMG, this.

One of my most fun moments in AoS was pulling a war mammoth out of its chaff screen and Khorning it to death.

So with gore Pilgrims you can have your slaughterpriest 8" in front of the banner. Anything with a 24" shooty range enters the prayer danger zone if they want to pop off the bloodsecrator. Ahem looking at you skyfires.

16 minutes ago, TheAdequateWargamer said:

It's still possible to stack abilities, yes.

But you may not be able to run And charge and get +6 to both.

The ability is written add to run Or charge.

The way you read it, to me it goes +3 to both of your run or charge rolls

But you may get someone arguing that it's +3 to either your run or your charge.

Clear as mud, right?

Hahaha, yea crystal clear now, cheers!

If that is the case with  the run or charge, was going to use Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster command ability for the +1 run and charge ability.

3 hours ago, Hightime said:

Hahaha, yea crystal clear now, cheers!

If that is the case with  the run or charge, was going to use Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster command ability for the +1 run and charge ability.

Was confirmed to be run and charge by some  top tournament players in UK. So we play like that until ruled otherwise.

17 hours ago, Killax said:

Because great as all the new armies are it kind of highlights that Blood Tithe is becomming a more and more mediocre Allegiance Ability

Yes and no.

I mean, when speaking of Alleigiance ability comparison, everyone is thinking DESTINY DICEs !!! And everything, compared to that is quite sub-par.

Like Stormcast, we use our allegiance for artifacts and prayers.

7 minutes ago, kozokus said:

Yes and no.

I mean, when speaking of Alleigiance ability comparison, everyone is thinking DESTINY DICEs !!! And everything, compared to that is quite sub-par.

Like Stormcast, we use our allegiance for artifacts and prayers.

When I'm talking about the relevancy of Blood Tithe I am certainly not thinking it should be on the same level as Tzeentch's or the Destiny Dice.
What I am talking about is the context within the 'nerf' of the Allegiance Ability altogether after the GH2017 and all following FAQ and Errata.
To sum up why our Allegiance has become less relevant (but yes, relevant nontheless) is:

- Blood Tithe points are generated by units being destroyed. While this is nice, it means you start on 0 and thus start the game without any advantage. This is actually now becomming an more uncommon trend as common.
- Because GH2017 promoted the use of massive units the actual number of units taken has largely been reduced (unless you have the right Battalion). 
- Blood Tithe points initially could be used in the Hero phase, so that you could indeed still make a neat combination of buffs and Blood Tithe effects. This aspect has been removed in the FAQ/Errata (alonside the Bloodsecrator not stacking) meaning units under it's effect cannot be under the effect of Command Abilities, the Bloodsecrator, the Bloodstoker etc.
- Scions of the Storm by comparison is effective at the start of the game, no questions asked, just a roll...

Where I agree with is that Artefacts and Blood Blessings are still strong assets and when Blood Tithe points go well they are still relevant. However what I also see is that our faction is actually hanging in there on the premise of arguably too cheap troops (Bloodletters) and niche builds for Gore Pilgrims and Murderhost.

By Stormcast comparison we know that Khorne isn't going to recieve much anytime soon and by Stormcast comparison I'd also say we are much more limited in actual build options. So far the only way to remain relevant in my eyes has been to either have an great Allegiance Ability from the start (which we had but got seriously altered for some reason) like Fyreslayers, Seraphon etc. or slowly become part of stuff that was good when others didn't have their stuff.

Having said that I'm certainly going to continue playing Khorne, no worries! But the perspective in how to do this is about as large as faction lines that are actually much smaller. Because at the end of the day we have quite some irrelevant named characters, lacking Daemon Keywords on units for no apperant reason and cannot summon our own Daemons with anything other as Karanak...

4 minutes ago, kozokus said:

[mode heresy on]

By the way, has anyone ever considered/tested Rotigus as an ally?

He might be that long range artillery we, sometimes, need.

[mode heresy off]

When you see a wizard, just tear off his eyes and pee in his skull.

Nurgle is not the most Heresy ;) 

I'm sure we could do it, but the real question remains if you want to spend 340 points there. Sayl is an option too to transport StD Khorne units. 

3 minutes ago, Killax said:

But in reality the prime reason why I am not overly going to commit to magic is because we have a Bloodsecrator on the backfield messing with his casting values...

One would argue that you can cast your spells and then plant your banner after :P

8 minutes ago, Killax said:

I'd also say we are much more limited in actual build options.

I am sure we haven't finished discovering builds in KHORNE. After all, some newly discovered things where there from the begining.

Let's look at the N°10 from the LVO :

A minimum sized Brass stamped + a minimum sized 3 priest gore pilgrim (allright, this one is not new) with a stocker and 5 Khorgorath.

Unseen before.

Archived