"Elite" (Low Model Count) Bloodbound

AkumaKaze

Any suggestions for building a list that does not contain a ton of models?  I am looking at this as more of a "get 1000 painted points on the table quickly" project but I would like to know if that is possible to do with Bloodbound in a way that is effective in game.  

General: lord of khorne on juggernaut --> makes all skullcrushers units battleline

Add 2 units minimum of skullcrushers (3 models each)

Complement it with wrathmongers or a bloodthirster + bloodsecrator

I am unsure this will work but there are few models in it

The problem with low model count armies in general is scenarios were you need more models around an objective to score, but you knew that.

Skull crushers are pretty good though, though (5 wound) and fairly fast. I would look at 10 or 20 (i.e. 1 or 2 units) blood warriors for objectives.

Keep in mind that your heroes and the buffs they give are what make Bloodbound work, so make sure you have as many as you can have leader, definitely get at least one bloodsecrator. There is a brass stampede formation, but I don't know if it's legal in matched play or what it does exactly, but I think it's work a look for you.

The Brass stampede is legal in Matched play and if you've got Mortal Khorne alliagence the Lord on Skullchrusher makes Mighty Skullcrushers battline so you could take that and nothing else if you wanted. 

Bloodwarriors, Wrathmongers and Skullreapers are all fairly expensive and Bloodwarriors are Battleline so by using those you could have a smaller elite army fairly easily.  It's the Bloodreavers that ramp up the numbers. 

Don't forget though that in most of the Matched play battle plans objectives are taken by having the highest number of models in range so you'll have to make everything count as you won't have any chaff to throw away. 

Brass stampede sounds ideal for a low model count bloodhound force. 

Khorne Lord on Juggernaut And 3*3 Crushers In the formation is 700 points. 

If your aiming for 1000 in bloodbound then throwing in 10 skullreapers or 15 blood warriors, or 3 khorgoraths or 2 and Scyla would all be low model options. 

The formation gives a nice bonus to charges for the stampede. 

If you don't mind going alliance Khorne then I'd suggest for a fairly low model force: 

Wrath of Khorne BT

Insensate Rage BT

Bloodsecrator

Bloodstoker

2*10 Blood reavers. 

With command ability and bloodstoker whip on, one of the thirsters can go up to 36" in a turn charging. Not quite the same without Sayl, but not bad for in faction. Reavers try not to die and hold objectives. 

Just to make things clear. Contrary to WYSIWYG, mighty skkullcrushers are equiped with pillows and Juggernauts are playful kittens. They are tanky and fast, oh yeah, but deadly, NOPE. 5 attacks each at 3+3+ with no rend mean they are stopped by simple things with a 4+ save, and you will be heartbreaked to see 3 of them rebound on a 5 man liberator unit half their cost.

In the low model count range, i would point the Skullreapers who posess the best ration of the army between resilience and murderpower. They lack a little bit of speed and have fat bases but they are a pain. There is also a very nice formation that include them with Khorgorath (who needs to be taken by 3-4 at minimum)

I prefer the Skulltake Battalion or Red Headsmen with movement shenanigans like Mighty Lord of Khorne, Sayl the Faithless and whathaveyou.The Brass Stampede isn't bad, but as mentioned, I am more afraid of those mushroom throwing grot thingies.

Having said that, the Crushers can be quite alright if buffed by 2 Blood Secretaries and the Lord on Crusher. However, units like Wrathmongers and Skullreapers would do even more. The one thing Crushers have going for them is speed, but Chaos Knights do it better (and they do more damage with Glaives). Give them the Mark of Khorne to keep with the Khorne Mortal theme and send them around the flank to hunt soft units. I suppose you can do the same with Crushers though. But I would hesistate to make them my main hitters.

Heroes

Mighty lord of khorne w/chaos rune blade - 140 points

Exalted deathbringer - 80 points

2 bloodsecrators - 280

Battleline

3 units of 10 blood warriors - 600 points 

Other

Wrathmongers - 180 points 

Battalion - Skulltake 

2 units of skullreapers - 280 points 

3 khorgoraths- 240 points

1 Bloodstoker 80 points.

This should be 1980 points

This is my next list 

1 hour ago, Arkiham said:

Heroes

Mighty lord of khorne w/chaos rune blade - 140 points

Exalted deathbringer - 80 points

2 bloodsecrators - 280

Battleline

3 units of 10 blood warriors - 600 points 

Other

Wrathmongers - 180 points 

Battalion - Skulltake 

2 units of skullreapers - 280 points 

3 khorgoraths- 240 points

1 Bloodstoker 80 points.

This should be 1980 points

This is my next list 

I do like this list.  However I need to focus on getting the 1000 points completed first.  I will definitely give this one a whirl when we advance to 2000.  

Archived