Let's chat Disciples of Tzeentch

Nico

1 hour ago, Nico said:

Thanks for the change of topic. I'm guessing you're looking at the Overseer's Fate Twisters, which does look interesting.

It will be "during the battle", so if you go minimum sized, then you will lose that buff as soon as you lose a model.

It's a very strong ability, but Exalted Flamers are very expensive sadly. I'm struggling to write convincing lists using either this battalion or The Eternal Conflagration. 

Has anyone come up with a convincing list with the Herald on Chariot as General and using Chariots to cover 1-3 of the battleline requirements? 

So that applies to the Changehost as well. Then again getting rid of units of Horrors is harder then a single Exalted Flamer

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Eldercaveman said:

What do people think are the best load outs for Lords of change? Particularly if you are running duel Lords in the changehost/ host duplicitous. 

One with the rod one with a sword? Which gifts who should be the general? 

I think the Baleful Sword is the clear choice for the Changehost LoC. You'll presumably have a unit of Pink Horrors throwing out Arcane Transformation once a turn. The Sword profile just benefits the most from that spell. In terms of gifts, Phantasmal Weapons seems to offer the best bang for your buck, because it applies to both melee weapons, unlike the Blade of Fate. 

It may be worth considering giving the LoC that is not part of the Changehost itself (and thus can't teleport) the Rod, because it will not be able to pick and choose its melee battles as easily. In this case, I'd go with the Pyrostave just to give that weapon a little more kick. 

Overall, the Demonic Gifts\Weapons seem to be on the weaker side, but someone already pointed out how that balances with how powerful some of the Arcanite/Mortal artifacts are. I guess I've just been spoiled rotten by Battle Brew.  :S

I think the Baleful Sword is the clear choice for the Changehost LoC. You'll presumably have a unit of Pink Horrors throwing out Arcane Transformation once a turn. The Sword profile just benefits the most from that spell. In terms of gifts, Phantasmal Weapons seems to offer the best bang for your buck, because it applies to both melee weapons, unlike the Blade of Fate. 

Yep. Although don't forget that you'll need to find a different target for Arcane Transformation after the first turn as it can only apply once (in the rules for the spell itself). However, yes the LoC with a -3 rend, 3 damage sword is a great use for your "4s" Destiny Dice.

If your running full Hosts Duplicitous you'll want both LoC to be for melee. The battalion is huge with utility and options but it's not very punchy. Most of your heavy hitting will be from the LoC while everything else is essentially a distraction 

So question.

Do the Gaunt Summoner and Tzaangor Shaman each get two extra spells? They both have Arcanite and Daemon keywords.

Page 80 says each Arcanite and Mortal Wizard get an extra spell from the Lore of Fate. Page 82 says each Daemon Wizard gets an extra spell from the Lore of Change. Am I missing something that prevents both applying to a model that meets both conditions, such as the above two mentioned?

The Daemon Prince no where near compares to a LoC. It has a worse everything in its profile. Cheaper yes but worse in every category 

From my first 3 games (since the Battletome - I've used Fatesworn Warband in May); and tonne of TheoryHammer - being even slightly undercosted (i.e. A bargain) is a very valuable trait for the Daemon lists. 

Writing lists including The Exalted Conflagration has been incredibly hard. The main problems have been that even Exalted Flamers look overcosted; and the lack of any Battleline unit at the 100 Point Mark - you've got them at 60, 140 or 180 and I feel you need a credible tank/choppy unit and preferably two. Warriors of Chaos as units of 5 for 90 (like Liberators) would really help!

That's the problem I've been running into. Everything, everything costs so much. I'm struggling to fit in things I like into a competitive list. 

I'm literally thinking of converting Flaming chariots into regular Chaos Chariots, i.e. horses become Screamers. These are the only unit I can find which is competitively priced (80 points for 7 wounds with a 4+ save); at a convenient incremental price (80, 160 or 240); has a bit of choppy to it; and there's also a semi-decent command ability option from the Lord on Daemonic Mount (who is another option as the tough and choppy general who can take Phantasmal Weapons for some decent choppy -2 rend).

Yes I was looking at the mounted lord. I was also look at the foot lord. Destiny Dice with the reaper blade ability for 2D6 dmg...once he gets into combat with some buffs...a potential 12 wounds from just a single ability will outright kill most heroes

I mentioned it ages ago  but the Lord on Daemonic Mount is potentially brutal in combat with trait an item, as you can add 2 to his damage for one  turn, or add 1 to his damage and give him a 2+.

He's a really flexible lord,  is missing the Arcanite key word but the Daemon and mortal stuff looks strong anyway 

He's a really flexible lord,  is missing the Arcanite key word but the Daemon and mortal stuff looks strong anyway 

This is why I'm looking at Chariots (Slaves to Darkness ones), as his command ability is solid.

on a side note, taking skyfires in a general chaos army is brutally strong. saw a game instore today

shaman near a unit of 9 skyfires with +1 to hit trait, they flew near some damned terrain and were popping d3 mortal wounds at 24" on 3+. gutted an opponent's army on their own

but i digress. 

outside of taking them in the fatesworn i feel that alot of the slaves to darkness are just lacking too much to include them.

are we still counting the manticore lord as unviable? i waas wondering if using the daemon heart would make him much more of a threat, adding one to all his melee damage is alot,

• 4 attacks d3 damage > 4 attacks d3+1 damage 
  • 3 attacks 2 damage ( 3 on the charge ) > 3 attacks 3 damage ( 4 on the charge )
  • 5 attacks 1 damage> 5 attacks 2 damage
  • d6 attacks 1 damage > d6 attacks 2 damage.

he's only really viable on the charge due to his squishy nature but that's the turn you use the item and wreck face.

if you can somehow fit him and the lord on daemonic mount into a fatesworn army with a sorc than you've two very hard hitting heroes normally treated as not being a threat

1 hour ago, Arkiham said:

on a side note, taking skyfires in a general chaos army is brutally strong. saw a game instore today

shaman near a unit of 9 skyfires with +1 to hit trait, they flew near some damned terrain and were popping d3 mortal wounds at 24" on 3+. gutted an opponent's army on their own

Am I missing something here? How was he doing mortal wounds on a 3+?

10 minutes ago, Malfallax said:

@Nico

What do you mean from terrain? O.o

Sorry Nico don't know why it tagged you

When you start a a game if you don't use the terrains special rules you can roll a dice, in the rules. 

It's optional but most people use them.

26 minutes ago, kozokus said:

Has anyone already thought about using two 6 from the destin pool for casting "Winds of Chaos" from the sorceror  lord on masticore (sorry) ?

Anyway this seems terrible... but i had to!

if you can increase the casting value, (chaos familiar ) and other methods if any, you could roll more than 12 dice 

Archived