Great Unclean One Plaguewind

Broxus

Question

A quick question about the plaguewind spell.  When you cast it you choose a target within 14" then draw a line.  Everything on the line suffers D3 damage except for Nurgle which heals D3 damage.  My question is does this also heal the GUO?  It makes sense that since the line starts on the GUO he is also healed.    Also, it should also effect the targeted model which is no more than 14" away.  I want to see if this is how everyone is playing it considering the high cost for the GUO model.

13 answers to this question

While i would proberbly just go ahead and assume it does because of the GUO points and one of its features being that it is difficult to kill i think it seems fair.

The argument comes in when you start debating about where you draw the line from. If you draw the line from the closest point of the model to the target then technically i suppose you could argue that the line starts after the GUO (Just).

I personally wouldnt fuss to much about it but if someone where to kick up a stink. a fair way around it that wont cost you much is simply ensuring that the target is lets say 12" away. that way you can measure from the furthest point of the model and the line would go over the GUO.

Again you could make a technical argument against this if you wanted to (But it all becomes so petty that i cant even be bothered to type what it is).

In short i would go with yes. But its definitely not a black or white issue.

2 hours ago, Craptrain said:

We've always played it that the spell affects the GUO.  Our logic was that the endpoints of a line are still on the line (and the GUO is one of those endpoints since the spell comes from it).

Yea i have always thought of it like this also.

I have always played it that the GUO is not healed by the spell as it never hits itself. The line is drawn from the GUO in a straight path 14" long. Under the rules for distances you measure between the 2 closest points, I think this would still hold true and the line would be measured from the GUO but not actually touching it.

On 12/23/2016 at 2:53 PM, BaldoBeardo said:

...And you'd entirely deserve your opponent attempting a field goal with your gonads if you tried to run with that interpretation.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Well the line does touch the base regardless of where you start the line.  I think the wording should be clearer.  I would like to have it answered in the next FAQ or if they could just update the warscroll slightly to make sure it addresses it.

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 7:53 PM, BaldoBeardo said:

...And you'd entirely deserve your opponent attempting a field goal with your gonads if you tried to run with that interpretation.

same as old Warhammer with launching fanatics through their own unit.

On 23/12/2016 at 7:53 PM, BaldoBeardo said:

to be fair, that's a " fair " way of doing it, there is nothing stopping you from doing it, and looking at some of the filth brought to tournaments most opponents won't be able to complain too much 

Archived