Ironweld Arsenal

Russellbogentoff

Hi everyone,

While browsing through the GH, I realised that aside from the nifty Dwarf copters, I have most of the units in the Ironweld Arsenal faction. I usually use a few of them to support my Freeguild with a bit of firepower, but would it be pure madness to take an army made up almost entirely of Ironweld?

I realise you would require battle line units from another faction, (freeguild handgunners perhaps?), but would it be viable? 

Lacking real leadership with a command ability is a definite con, but with copters seizing objectives and the Artillary Detachment battalion potentially allowing some additional shots in the hero phase, it could be worth a go! 

What do you think? Worth a shot (pun intended), or a bit filthy?

23 minutes ago, Aezeal said:

I'd go for the empire formation with handgunners and then as much ironweld as back up as you've got points for.

My usual army is the State Troop detachment, though not with so many handgunners! Maybe I'll pick some more up and give it a go.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Try it out and see!

At the very least it will give me an excuse to pick up a Gyrocopter to play around with!

Going hard on crewed war machines just seems to me like a recipe for frustration at the moment. Any and all ranged units take the crew off in one go, on top of the obvious weakness to mobile units. They also can't reposition easily to sit on top of objectives for you, which is significant in GH scenarios. It's all just a bit underwhelming.

Archived