Plague Hulk of Nurgle

RuneBrush

Was talking with my brother the other day and he was saying how the FW Plague Hulk model doesn't have AoS rules.  Although you can run it as a Nurgle Soul Grinder I thought I'd see what happens if you mashed a Great Unclean One with a Soulgrinder...

I've think I've achieved a reasonable combination of the two without making it too powerful - so it's much slower than a Soulgrinder but it's more shooty than the Great Unclean One, wounds are between the two but without the ability to heal.  Weapons are largely a mix of the two warscrolls although the Rot Canon is unique - it also doesn't have an option of a flail quite simply because the model doesn't have one!  (I have also realised the FW Great Unclean One model doesn't have a flail either...)

plague-hulk-of-nurgle.jpg

plague-hulk-of-nurgle.zip

I like the idea of using a plague hulk in AoS, and if you take more inspiration from 40k I think you could make a solid unit. I would change it to something closer to this

Move *,   Wounds 14,   4+ save.   bravery 10

Ranged:

Noxious Bombardment 10 inch range, D6 attacks, 4+ to hit, 3+ to wound, Rend -2, 2 damage

Rot Cannon 20 inch range, d6 attacks, 4+ to hit, 3+ to wound Rend -, 1 damage

Melee:

Piston-Driven Legs 1 inch range, * attacks, 4+ to hit, 3+ to wound Rend -1, 1 damage

Massive Bile Sword 2 inch range, 3 attacks, 4+ to hit, 3+ to wound Rend -2, * damage 

Wounds suffered           Move                Piston Driven Legs              Massive Bile Sword

0-2                                 10                        6                                          3

4-6                                 8                          5                                          d3

7-9                                 7                          4                                          d3

10-12                             6                          3                                          d3

13+                                 5                         2                                           1

Ponderous Advance (don't need to change this, it is a fun rule)

Unholy Creation: 5+ save against mortal wounds

Rot Cannon: roll of a 6 to hit does rend-3 instead of -

Venomous Fumes : roll a die for each unit within 3 inches at the beginning of the combat phase. For each roll of a 6 that unit suffers d3 mortal wounds. NURGLE keyword heals d3 wounds instead

Thoughts on this guy?

7 hours ago, LordRogalDorn said:

Rot Cannon: roll of a 6 to hit does rend-3 instead of -

That's actually much nicer than I though of :D  Same with Noxious Bombardment too

7 hours ago, LordRogalDorn said:

Venomous Fumes : roll a die for each unit within 3 inches at the beginning of the combat phase. For each roll of a 6 that unit suffers d3 mortal wounds. NURGLE keyword heals d3 wounds instead

I think this would work if his magic ability were dropped (else he could throw out a lot of heals) - not sure how I feel either way.  I'd like to keep the Pestilens keyword as I don't think there's enough cross over between the scabby skaven side of things :D

You're also right in that the wounds chart doesn't have the "correct" number of wounds for him (missed that one). 

The melee weapons are taken from the appropriate warscrolls, so you've the legs of the Soul Grinder and Sword from the Great Unclean One.  I think changing them would take away from the concept that he's a mash up of the two units.

On 06/12/2016 at 11:25 PM, Infernalslayer said:

Some syntax errors/odd choice of words there

Which ones?

Nothing important, just a few typing errors i would assume.

Amalganation -> Amalgamation

Leathal -> Lethal

Tained machine -> Tainted machine i guess you meant?

Canon -> Cannon

Impregnated -> "Infused" may sound better

Uneffected -> Unaffected

Also i think the word "either" from the Description should be deleted.

English is not my native language but i hope that helps you smooth out the warscroll :)

10 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

That's actually much nicer than I though of :D  Same with Noxious Bombardment too

I think this would work if his magic ability were dropped (else he could throw out a lot of heals) - not sure how I feel either way.  I'd like to keep the Pestilens keyword as I don't think there's enough cross over between the scabby skaven side of things :D

You're also right in that the wounds chart doesn't have the "correct" number of wounds for him (missed that one). 

The melee weapons are taken from the appropriate warscrolls, so you've the legs of the Soul Grinder and Sword from the Great Unclean One.  I think changing them would take away from the concept that he's a mash up of the two units.

Which ones?

Every single Skaven Pestilens has the NURGLE keyword, so just by having NURGLE it will affect them. The reason I thought it was a good idea to change up the melee weapons is because, to my knowledge, there is no behemoth that varies the same stat in two different weapons. You have number of attacks varying for both the sword and the legs. Most behemoths will vary the number of attacks, and then something else, like the to wound roll, the to hit roll, or the damage. 

Archived