New to Chaos, Khorn Bloodbond

Splax

Hi all

I just my hand two half ( bloodbond) of the two player starter box and im wendering where to go from there. I really want to use all the model i already have and just need to know what to buy next . Skullcanon, bloodthirster, other units..... i can put my hand on two other half to make a huge blood reaver spam, i know there are not the best but 80 model look fun whit all the boff. 

Thanks in advance for all your help

42 minutes ago, Splax said:

Hi all

I just my hand two half ( bloodbond) of the two player starter box and im wendering where to go from there. I really want to use all the model i already have and just need to know what to buy next . Skullcanon, bloodthirster, other units..... i can put my hand on two other half to make a huge blood reaver spam, i know there are not the best but 80 model look fun whit all the boff. 

Thanks in advance for all your help

Oh your wrong friend ;) reaver spam is a real and terrifying thing! As gas as where to go, what do you like? For example, I really like the blood warriors over the reavers, so I'm building in that direction. No matter what you choose, that bloodsecrator is your best friend ;)

Skullcrushers are useful, but serve a different purpose. Reaver spam is pretty great, Look at your bloodreaver warscroll and consider:

-Refill failed hit rolls from a warshrine

-+1 attack from a bloodsecrator

-+1 attack from being near a totem

-+1 from the dark feast battalion

- no battleshock

- +3 movement with the bloodstoker

-better charge odds with mighty Lord of khorne

... That's a living, breathing freight train ;)

On 28/11/2016 at 9:19 PM, DeGriggs said:

Skullcrushers are useful, but serve a different purpose. Reaver spam is pretty great, Look at your bloodreaver warscroll and consider:

-Refill failed hit rolls from a warshrine

-+1 attack from a bloodsecrator

-+1 attack from being near a totem

-+1 from the dark feast battalion

- no battleshock

- +3 movement with the bloodstoker

-better charge odds with mighty Lord of khorne

... That's a living, breathing freight train ;)

you should consider that both warshrine and bloodsecrator have the keyword TOTEM. The ability FRENZIED DEVOTION of the reavers states that if this unit is within 12" of a model with the CHAOS and TOTEM keywords, then all models make 2 attacks rather than 1. Would this ability be considered for ALL CHAOS TOTEM models in the army? If so:

KHORNE WARSHRINE: +1 attack and reroll all hit rolls if unit is < 16"(200 pts)

BLOODSECRATOR: +1 attack and no battleshock tests if < 18". General? (120 pts)

SLAUGHTERPRIEST: for the DARK FEAST. It also provides shooting. Try to keep him alive to ensure +1 attack from the DARK FEAST (100 pts)

BLOODSTOKER: for the DARK FEAST. It helps reroll 1s in wound rolls and models < 12" do not take battleshock tests, and enhances the movement when charging (you can place it far away from the BLOODSECRATOR to ensure nobody takes battleshock tests) (80 pts)

DARK FEAST: 100 pts

200 + 120 + 100 + 80 + 100 = 500 pts

BLOODREAVERS: equipped with meatripper axes to -1 rend (warshrine ensures the rerolling of hit rolls), with the number of attacks:

1) khorne warshrine totem (if < 12")

2) bloodsecrator totem (if < 12")

3) bloodsecrator portal of skulls (if < 18")

4) dark feast (as long as slaughterpriest is alive)

Let us consider 80 bloodreavers dividend in 3 units of 20 + 30 + 30 for the sake of the DARF FEAST, or maybe 20+20+40:

8*60=480 points, with 80 bloodreavers on the battlefield, with 5 attacks each, 4+ hit 4+ wound, no battleshock tests, rerolling to hit, rerolling 1s to wound, -1 rend. If the ability of adding 2 totems is not viable then it's 4 attacks each only.

980 points

Quite exciting, isn't it?

Really good writing from neiras. But I would go 3x20 Reavers and add a second Bloodsecrator and Aspiring Deathbringer. In that case your Reaver are doin crazy 6 Attacks each. Use the Warshrine as tank and add Skarbrand and some Skullreapers and Wrathmongers. Your opponents have to decide which unit to target. So many threads on the table...

Bloodreavers can only ever receive 1 bonus attack from a Totem due to the wording on their Warscroll, however having multiple Totems means you'll find it easier to keep that bonus in range.

My own opinion of Bloodreavers is you either need to go all out or not bother, although you can bump up the number of attacks to 4 without much effort, you're only going to get a handful in range so you need enough to maintain the unit at maximum "frontage" as they start dying (in droves).

I personally think Blood Warriors have an edge over them.  From a pure 'chance' point of view, a Blood Warrior can take four times the amount of damage before dying against normal non-rending wounds, plus the bonus death-throw type attack means you're highly likely going to inflict some damage

2 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

Bloodreavers can only ever receive 1 bonus attack from a Totem due to the wording on their Warscroll, however having multiple Totems means you'll find it easier to keep that bonus in range.

My own opinion of Bloodreavers is you either need to go all out or not bother, although you can bump up the number of attacks to 4 without much effort, you're only going to get a handful in range so you need enough to maintain the unit at maximum "frontage" as they start dying (in droves).

I personally think Blood Warriors have an edge over them.  From a pure 'chance' point of view, a Blood Warrior can take four times the amount of damage before dying against normal non-rending wounds, plus the bonus death-throw type attack means you're highly likely going to inflict some damage

This. You either have a bloodreaver themed list (which we discussed is awesome) or there's not much reason to take them at all. I also prefer blood warriors for the simple reason that they can hurt the opponent in their turn. 

Archived