Sylvaneth 2000 tournament

Tizianolol

Hi all, I m not sure what list is better for tournaments so I decided to ask u, bacause I'm not so expert

list 1

durthu 400 (item 2)

treelord ancient 300 ( trait 3,item 4)

branchwich 100 ( arcane item 1)

20 dryads 240

5 tree revenant 100

5 tree revenant 100

3 kurnoth hunters (bow) 180

3 kurnoth hunters (bow) 180

treelord 260

household battalion 20

gnarloot battalion 80

tot 1969

List 2

Ancient treelord 300 ( trait 3,item 4)

branchwich 100 ( arcane item 1)

20 dryads 240

10 tree revenant 200

5 tree revenant 100

3 khournos hunt (bow) 180

3 kournos hunt ( bow) 180

3 kournos hunt (gs) 180

treelord 260

treelord 260

household 20

gnarloot 80

tot 2000

in both list sylvaneth alliance

what do u prefer?:) thx all

The first list is quite a bit better. Dryads are your friend. If you can replace the Treelord with another unit of Kurnoth Hunters and a unit of Tree Revenants, that would be slightly better (and pretty much the middle of the road default Sylvaneth army).

I like the first list as well, I actually ran something very similar here was my list

Branchwych 100

Treelord Ancient 300

Spirith of Durthu 400

20 Dryads 240

10 dryads 120

5 tree revenants 100

kurnoth hunters (bow) 180

kurnoth hunter (bow) 180

Kurnoth hunter Scythe 180

Household 20

Gnarlroot 80

Freespirit 40

Total 1940..

I wanted the Alpha strike and it worked against a Death army

Also let me clarify..lol. I got the alpha strike off with Durthu only but the Kurnoths Scyhthes rolled a 1 to navigate the realmroots..lol. I pumped 6 wounds into Arkhan. The thing that really happened that hurt death was, Durthu had the oakenarmour with mystic shield, with the ancients command ability. Basically he was a 2+ rerolling 1's tarpit...lol. He did get Cursed of years down to 1 wound, but before he died he took out Arkhan and the army general. The Scythes  almost destroyed unit of 20 skeletons in one turn. The eventually died too. But the end result was a Major victory for the trees on the Gift from Heavens scenarios.

8 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

In my list idk if play 5 ravenant 5 ravenant 20 dryads or 5 ravenant 10 dryads 20 dryads:) what do u think ?

Dryads all the way if you have some options to get forests.. in forests they are REALLY worth their points.

7 hours ago, Aezeal said:

Dryads all the way if you have some options to get forests.. in forests they are REALLY worth their points.

I agree I would 5 revenants 20 dryads and 10 dryads...20 dryads give you +1 armor save and if you are by a forest you will be a tarpit. I really anly use the revanents for objective capturing, and to to divert the enemy. They are needed fornthe gnarlroot.

20 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

Ty!! I have another e question..how many citatel woods i have to buy? Because one silvaneth wildwoods is free ( so 3 citatel woods) and during the game i can place many woods with anciend treelord or spells..so how many woods u buy?:)

Actually a Sylvaneth Wyldwood is up to 3 citadel woods according to the profile. However with the points added to it. The min is 1 and the max is 1. So instead of placing up to three I think it is one now. I may be wrong. It may be based on how the dice is working for you, but I say atleast take 3.

2 hours ago, tyler1906 said:

Actually a Sylvaneth Wyldwood is up to 3 citadel woods according to the profile. However with the points added to it. The min is 1 and the max is 1. So instead of placing up to three I think it is one now.

This is a really good point - does the Matched Play profile supercede the Warscroll, or vice versa? If Matched Play takes precedent, it means you can set up a single wood per cast/ability, regardless of Sylvaneth allegiance points reduction.

5 minutes ago, Payce said:

This is a really good point - does the Matched Play profile supercede the Warscroll, or vice versa? If Matched Play takes precedent, it means you can set up a single wood per cast/ability, regardless of Sylvaneth allegiance points reduction.

That is how I have alway been playing any how. Because reading is fundamental and I am to dumb to read the description that says "up to three". I have only been placing one. Yeah so the match play profile did not affect me at all. That is why I also take verdent's blessing for my Wych so I can get a forest out from her along with my Ancients forest. 

6 minutes ago, Payce said:

Yeah so match play does supercede. The point cost, in my opinion, was added to limit the mix and match armies from getting free woods. I had a guy who ran SE with an ancient just to place woods.

As a Sylvaneth player, the Wyldwoods are free in matched play (when summoned using their rules) and you can bring up to 3 Citadel woods per Wyldwood.

There has been a lot of confusion on this point sadly from people trying to nerf Sylvaneth.

Yesterday I played a 1k points game in my gw shop and I noted that 3 sylvaneth wildwoods every summon are impossible to play because there is no material space to summon..there are classic terrein and units will come to u for charge so u haven't space to summon 3 woods every turn!:) I don't think they are broken so

2 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

Where I can see the point cost of wildwoods?

The points cost for Wyldwoods as well as the Silver Tower heroes and other new releases can be found here:

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Errata/ENG_Silver_Tower_PB.pdf

2 hours ago, Nico said:

As a Sylvaneth player, the Wyldwoods are free in matched play (when summoned using their rules) and you can bring up to 3 Citadel woods per Wyldwood.

There has been a lot of confusion on this point sadly from people trying to nerf Sylvaneth.

Where's your source on this? Link to an FAQ or GW statement would be appreciated.

The confusion isn't caused by "people wanting to nerf Sylvaneth", it's caused by the rules not being clear on the issue. The warscroll says that you can take 1-3 Woods per cast/summon of Sylvaneth Wyldwood, no one is denying that.  The Matched Play profile (linked above) specifically says that one 40 point Sylvaneth Wyldwood consists of 1 and only 1 Wood. It also states that for Sylvaneth, the points cost is reduced to 0 points, but that it's still there, which means the unit size limitation remains intact.

The question isn't if people want to nerf Sylvaneth or whether or not you play them, but which takes precedent - Matched Play rules, or Warscrolls. If Warscrolls take precedent, then yes, the 1-3 Woods is perfectly fine. However, if Matched Play rules supercede Warscrolls, then you get 1 Wood, regardless of allegiance. Until we have official wording, it's down to T.O.s and house rules, but this is basically just another case of AoS rules in this edition being really poorly written and incoherent.

Ok you guys is you look warscrolls at some of the models it says something like this unit of dryads has 5 or more models...but the min is 10 in the GHB. It is a similar situation. My shop goes with the min and max of 1 wood not up to 3. if that was the case why bother to put a min or max on it?

Archived