Woods, how many to summon?

thediceabide

Question

• Answers 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

34 minutes ago, Choombatta said:

When the claim that models are not models is being used, that is a faulty premise.

I claim that models are models when labelled as such.  Citadel woods specifically had that label removed.  That's not a faulty premise.

Claiming "scenery" uses a whole different sub-set of rules that are not printed anywhere, is a faulty premise.

Not my claim.  Strawman fallacy.  And to be fair, scenery does operate by a different set of rules than units do.  Those rules are printed in the 4 page rules document.

Saying Min/Max is not about model count inside units is a faulty premise.

Also not my claim.  Strawman fallacy again.

So in the end I am going to side with you being able to take 1-3 Sylvaneth Wyldwoods. Why? Although I agree that the way the GHB is worded strictly limits the "models" in the pitched battle profiles if we are to follow that with every unit in the game it means all crewed artillery would not be able to take any crew because they are also limited to 1 "model" max.

The intent is obviously you can take an artillery warmachine and a set of crew.

And if it's the case that 1 cannon and 3 crew count as "1" on the pitched battle profiles, it's probably going to mean the 3 citadel woods count as "1" too.

That's my take on it, anyway. If you are going to argue that a Wyldwood can only have 1 citadel wood (and I think there is definitely a logical argument for this - I have been agreeing with many of the points made for this) you are probably going to have to apply the same logic to warmachines and say they can't bring their crew along, and to me that's problematic.

5 hours ago, Nico said:

Is it different in the App vs the Hard copy?

I doubt this is relevant anyway.

Going back and checking both......

They are worded the same in hard copy and on the App. There is no difference in wording. Are you possibly reading the "Sure-footed" ability and not the "Demolition Orders" ability, as the former is the only one that uses the term "scenery rule"?

Demolition Orders states:...."can order the demolition of one terrain feature(or one piece of scenery from a warscroll battalion) that is within 12".........

It also states: "If possible, remove the terrain feature(or piece of scenery) from play........."

14 hours ago, bottle said:

So in the end I am going to side with you being able to take 1-3 Sylvaneth Wyldwoods. Why? Although I agree that the way the GHB is worded strictly limits the "models" in the pitched battle profiles if we are to follow that with every unit in the game it means all crewed artillery would not be able to take any crew because they are also limited to 1 "model" max.

The intent is obviously you can take an artillery warmachine and a set of crew.

And if it's the case that 1 cannon and 3 crew count as "1" on the pitched battle profiles, it's probably going to mean the 3 citadel woods count as "1" too.

That's my take on it, anyway. If you are going to argue that a Wyldwood can only have 1 citadel wood (and I think there is definitely a logical argument for this - I have been agreeing with many of the points made for this) you are probably going to have to apply the same logic to warmachines and say they can't bring their crew along, and to me that's problematic.

This. Good spot about the artillery crews. Hopefully this will put it to bed 

Archived