Which school of Magic for Collegiate Arcane Wizard?

HobbyHammer

As the title suggests, what is people's preferred way of building and using the wizard from the Collegiate Arcane Faction.

Personally, I prefer the Beasts Wizard with the Wildform spell, as this is not keyword specific, +1 to wound on any unit in the Alliance and your army seems to outlay any other.

But interested to see if anyone else has other ideas. 

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Miasma is pretty good if you're playing against something that causes additional effects on a 6+ to hit eg spider rider venom surge

Or the dreaded Retributors, or buffed up Necropolis Knights, or Stormfiends with shock gauntlets or  bloodletters or so many things. Being able to lay a -1 to hit down is one of the handier abilities around, as its a really effective debuff. 

Recently played against the Nurgle formation that has -1 to hit all its units and it was a nightmare for my Khorne. 

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Miasma is pretty good if you're playing against something that causes additional effects on a 6+ to hit eg spider rider venom surge

Got to say this spell looks the best to me. As with a few more select options in order (like tempestors) you can start mounting up the -1 to hit on your opponents warscrolls. Nothing better than taking a light tiggle from a monster, giving your troops practically (depending on amount of rebuffs) a free swing.

Though if I was rocking seraphon and had a bastilidon or two. Life would swing it. Those brutes are hard to shift! Let alone heal then back up!

You know i never thought about that side of the Miasma effect, stopping the abilities springing into action that normally do on a 6+, I face a lot of retributiors and stopping the mortal wound part of their ability would be great. 

Has anyone had any luck with the Chain Lightning? 

Do you really need to heal bastiladons? Do they die that often? sit them in cover, keep priest nearby and they're rerolling 2+ save ignoring all rend and with 4++ vs mortals.

I've not tried chain lightning but I suspect it'd be either really good or a bit rubbish.

Definitely Wildform and Miasma. Experimenting with a Life wizard as well to put wounds back on treemen without needing to take the formation.

The rest seem a bit so-so, fireball looks like it could be useful for some experimentation as my army does not have access to any mortal wound output as it stands. I would even consider taking the formation but aesthetically the Luminark and Hurricanum just don't work for me.

Spirit Lee...err.. Soul Steal might be fun if you can camp on Inspiring terrain. Ok, so it's still only bravery 7 but could be good against non demons. The great thing about this is you get to choose before each battle, so you can kit him or her out for a specific purpose.

Archived