All mounted Slaves to Darkness 2k list help

SuperKick

Hi folks,

I have recently come into possession of 33 chaos knights and would like to build out a 2k list. I would like to make it purely Slaves to Darkness and all mounted or winged etc. I'll likely get 2 more knights so that's 1400 points, I've a few ideas but any advice on whats the best investment of my remaining 600 points? :)

Cheers

Chris 

I'm not seeing how the knights are causing mortal wounds. They are not part of the stampede, and likewise, the marauders and chariots are not included in the god sworn. What am I missing?

Also, in order to use both lords abilities, Archaon must be included, yes?

Here's a list I noodled up:

Godsworn battalion 60

Archaon general 320

Lord on steed runeblade 140

3x5  knights battleline 600

sorc lord on steed 140

Brass stampede 80

Lord on jughead runeblade 140

3x3 skull crushers 480

2 familiars 40

2000 total

The list I would make would be this:

Leaders
Chaos Lord On Daemonic Mount (140)
- Artefact: Crown of Conquest
Lord Of Khorne On Juggernaut (140)
- General
- Trait: Lord of War

Units
Chaos Knights x 5 (200)
- Chaos Glaives
Chaos Knights x 5 (200)
- Chaos Glaives
Chaos Knights x 5 (200)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
Chaos Knights x 5 (200)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
Chaos Knights x 5 (200)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
Chaos Chariots x 1 (80)
- Greatblades
Mighty Skullcrushers x 3 (160)
- Glaives
- Glaives
- Glaives

Batallions
Ruinbringer Warband (80)
Brass Stampede (80)

Total: 2000/2000

All mark of khorne so the skullcrushers are battleline with the khorne lord being general. One chariot just to fill up empty points.

If he Marks all the StD's Khorne then his Skullcrushers are battleline.

I'd maybe see about dropping one of the heavy hitter units for some marauder horsemen.  This way you can let them get in the way of things, die, and let your big guys charge in.  Right now it'd be very hard to keep all of those units out of threat ranges when even infantry can move and then charge.

It is a neat looking list though, something I'd be looking to put together once my Rotbringers/Warherd are done.  Goodluck!

I think gorebeast chariot is scarier than chaos chariot, and only 20 points more. Maybe drop some chaos knight and change it with marauder horsemen? Extra shooting can't be bad. why dont use bloodsecrator? I know he isnt mounted but i can't see khorne list without him

Thanks for the suggestions folks. @Broken Netcode I'd love to run that list, I think I might. Gonna look for any other options as well. For me it may come down to just finishing out a decent list rather than it being the most competitive, mainly due to time, money and getting it on the table to have fun with. This list presents a larger investment for all of these rather than a few pieces had in mind. It is much more competitive though! hmmmm

Yeah, twice. First time I flew them 18" withSayl the Faithless' spell, followed closely by chaos lord on steed. (luckily, as I failed the first charge attempt).

Got the charge off on a unit of three stormfiends. Rolled terribly are still managed to kill 2 outright and put 2 wounds on the other. Naturally, he rolled a 1 for battleshock and saved that last joker. Subsequent turn saw them shot to pieces and wiped out without getting their points back.

Next time ran them into a unit of 30 witch elves. That was more like it! None survived.

Lesson learned: Big units of low save dudes die in droves (duh). And it never hurts to have a sorcerer lord around for that preroll of ones, especially when the lord is already giving you +1 to hit. I liked using them, and will use them again. Maybe I'll try them with the Harbinger shadowing them and mark them Nurgle........

Hi Folks, I think this is the list i'm going for pretty much just what everyone has said. I'm just learning about list building as I'm only back into the hobby so thanks for all the help. I think this list will be strong/super fun. 

Leaders
Chaos Lord On Daemonic Mount (140)
Lord Of Khorne On Juggernaut (140)
- General
- Trait: Lord of War
Bloodstoker (Modelled on a injured or dead horse for the theme, making it clear to my opponent he is not 'on a horse')

Units
Chaos Knights x 5 (200)
- Chaos Glaives
Chaos Knights x 5 (200)
- Chaos Glaives
Chaos Knights x 5 (200)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
Chaos Knights x 5 (200)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
Chaos Marauder Horsemen x 5 (100)
- Javelins & Shields
- Hornblower & Banner