Loosing against Orks...

Wraith01

I have the Khorne Bloodbound from the starter set and keep getting my butt handed to me by Orks. Sure it's a decked out Ork army with special weapons and forge world stuff... but even in simple Skirmish sized games they overpower my Bloodbound.

Any strategy against Orks?

Recommendations for upgrading my forces? I was looking at getting more Blood Warriors and the Slaves to Darkness start collecting box...

Well basically they kill all my guys. It's always been once we're in melee combat. Once the Orruk Megaboss declares "Whaa" it's over and they have lots of special weapons that have extra effects.  Like some of their attacks have rend -2 which basically leaves the Blood Warriors as defenseless as the Bloodreavers. They do have a Weirdnob Shaman and a Warchanter but I don't remember what they do, cause he's missed his rolls against me and last time we played they weren't used. 

your question is a very basic one. need alot more information in order to help. 

army composition, yours an their likely lists and unit make up. 

your access to funds for new units 

keep in mind you cant just build a list to win against his current list as they'll change it to fill the gaps so you need to build a list to be strong regardless of the opponents list, you won't find a auto win list and if you do, dont run it. 

Yeah, ironjaws. 

I don't know his full list... But what I remember is he has like 2 of the ironjaws start collecting boxes, a mega boss, mega boss on a Dragon, the shaman and "boys"... And Squigs, even a giant one!

I only have the AoS starter set Khorne. 

And I plan on buying something under $100 for Christmas.

Yeah, ironjaws. 
I don't know his full list... But what I remember is he has like 2 of the ironjaws start collecting boxes, a mega boss, mega boss on a Dragon, the shaman and "boys"... And Squigs, even a giant one!

Get some wrathmongers when they kill them in combat you get to pick one of their models and make them attack one of their units.

You can even make the model hit itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Wraith01 said:

Yeah, ironjaws. 

Haha. Man it sounds like your lists are nowhere near equal. Get the generals book or look up points online and make him field a relatively similar army point wise.

Like from the sound of it. He is about double your points at least.

Bloodhound standing alone are easy to beat. Simply snipe the buffing characters and then flay the remaining schmoes.

You need at least a Bloodthirster, preferably Skarbrand, and some ranged attacks, skull cannons, in keeping with Khorne theme.

Valkia is a nice addition as well. Use her and Skarbrand to go hero hunting with after the cannons have softened them up a bit. 

Might make it a bit more manageable.

Well, he doesn't use all of his army when we face off against each other. But he does have the most complete army and he is the most experienced player at my local shop. We just started a Path to Glory campaign, so we all started with small forces last game. I made it to the objective first, since his Orruks are slow and the other guys (Ghouls/ Stormcast) got into a fight, but once the Orruks got to the objective they slaughtered me.

I like those recommendations.  

Skarbrand is a beast.... just make sure that you use him wisely. Once he's been stuck in, he'll take wounds. If he doesn't take ENOUGH wounds, retreat with him if you can, and charge with Valkia to keep whatever he's retreating from, from following him. Then, on your next turn, charge with him  when he's become incandescent again. Watch whole units melt away from his attacks. Lots of fun (for you).

Archived