Sisters of the Watch vs Judicators?

chord

I play mostly stormcast and am looking for a good shooting unit.  I really like the Sisters of the Watch (+1 to wound against chaos), but am unsure if I just should just stick with Judicators?

Sure the Judicators have a -1 rend but the sisters of the watch get double shots if they don't move and get to shoot when charged (add a gryphound for extra shots).

Thoughts?

Numberswise the Sisters are a little better even if they move, unless you're against 2+ armor or better, but the 6" of range you lose are significant and they are much easier for your opponent to sweep off the table. They're also not Battleline and if your heroes are predominantly Stormcast you'll be limited in how much you're able to buff Sisters.

Judicators have better range, have rend and they have much better durability than the sisters. Better wounds, better saves and are less prone to battleshock.

On top of that even if they suffer heavy losses the Judicator Prime with the Shockbolt Bow alone can still do solid damage.

So games-wise Judicators are the superior choice here.  Other than that the visual part is a matter of opinion really. :)

Also keep in mind that while Judies are half the model count, they have the same number of wounds. You're essentially paying 16 points per wounds instead of 24, for a unit with a better save. Model count with matter with regards to objectives and battleshock (although the latter is easily avoided), but in terms of pure staying power, Judies win out hands down per point spent.

Archived