New to death! Need advice.

Dracothjay

If soulblight is your thing, the FEC start collecting set is your best starting choice. It's a full kit, so u can do VLoZD and varghiest, and left with a unit of ghoul which u can sell. Get 2 unit of bloodknight. U are 1k pts worthy and with extra still. Can't field the varghiest. 

On 06/11/2016 at 1:37 AM, Hans said:

If soulblight is your thing, the FEC start collecting set is your best starting choice. It's a full kit, so u can do VLoZD and varghiest, and left with a unit of ghoul which u can sell. Get 2 unit of bloodknight. U are 1k pts worthy and with extra still. Can't field the varghiest. 

So I can assemble the full VLoZD model from the FEC starter set!?

I tend to prefer the hexwraith as they are more independant than the knights (and more expensive) but the knights are required for some formation like the Death Legion which is veryvery good, unlike the hexwraith that have currently no synergy.

I have felded the 1K soulblight army composed of VLOZD and 2XBloodknighs and had some fun. It is very hard to remove the Lord from the table.

8 hours ago, Dracothjay said:

I will buy the skeleton horde and FEC start sets then. Now do I want to keep my black knights or make hex wraiths instead?

Hexwraiths do more damage, black knights are an early roadblock for the enemy. They soak up damage and then keep coming back. 

They actually did well in my last battle but they do need the buffs, mystic shield, +1 attack from a wight king and their bonus on the charge and they do ok

Soulblight is the most aggressive faction I believe, follow by FEC, nighthaunt has good offence and defense mechanism, deathrattle are all about tanking till your opponent ?. Oh! I conveniently left out morghast, they are prolly on par in agressiveness as compared to soulblight.

1 hour ago, Hans said:

Soulblight is the most aggressive faction I believe, follow by FEC, nighthaunt has good offence and defense mechanism, deathrattle are all about tanking till your opponent ?. Oh! I conveniently left out morghast, they are prolly on par in agressiveness as compared to soulblight.

I disagree with this, you can build some terribly aggressive Deathrattle armies. Most of Death is to some extent about tanking and regenerating, Deathrattle included, and they all have tools for aggression as well. Depending on how fast you want your aggression to be, different choices will suit you better.

If you have a specific model that you like, then build around it. 

I start off with skeleton horde, as I like arkhan and its totally worth it. 

Then I expanded more deathrattle army with wight King and necromancer support.

and moving to soulblight when I was done with VLoZD, and 4 unit of bloodknight. Boosted with a FEC start collecting box for varghiest, and building the terrorghiest for my mix Death army.

gotten the maglinant to start the nighthaunt army, with mourngul.

morgahst and the rest of the mortarch will have to queue while I getting the army up n ready?

If you have a specific model that you like, then build around it. 

I start off with skeleton horde, as I like arkhan and its totally worth it. 

Then I expanded more deathrattle army with wight King and necromancer support.

and moving to soulblight when I was done with VLoZD, and 4 unit of bloodknight. Boosted with a FEC start collecting box for varghiest, and building the terrorghiest for my mix Death army.

gotten the maglinant to start the nighthaunt army, with mourngul.

morgahst and the rest of the mortarch will have to queue while I getting the army up n ready?

Archived