The Forgotten Dead - A PicLog

CoffeeGrunt

Yeah, these models are second hand rescues from a local store that does a lot of second-hand minis. They'd already been based, but barely a lick of paint, so I decided to use them to test out the new Valhallan Blizzard basing stuff. Turned out quite nicely. After a productive lunch break though, I can now declare these to be finished! :)

WP_20161102_16_46_26_Pro.jpg

Absolutely love the Terrorgheist.  I modeled and painted mine very similar to yours.  With a simple head swap, you now have a Zombie Dragon to join your forces.  This kit is so awesome and flexible.  By the way, great back story and theme.  Skellies are the backbone of death and what comes to mind for me when thinking of a horde of undead.  Looks like a fun army to play!

My army is now almost entirely skeletons, haha, they're definitely fun to play and surprisingly fun to paint. Sadly I didn't make it so I could swap heads on the Geist/Dragon, didn't think that far ahead! 

Wight Lord on Zombie Dragon is finished now. Just the base to go now, went for a shiny, regal look to him compared to everything else in the army. :)

tGYAi9V.jpg
gTXmcF1.jpg
CFHe7a4.jpg
xvYjlAf.jpg
1L3pOL1.jpg
HZNIcj4.jpg

• Like 1

As nasty as a rotting corpse should. :P

I've started work on my Settra counts-as. Channeling Boudicca a bit as I shaved the face off a Vampire Maiden to give her a death mask, and she wields a double-ended scythe as she rides into battle. Not the best conversion, but I'm hoping it holds up after a paintjob.

Thanks man! Hope I keep it up, haha.

I got a bunch of old skelly models for cheap, which was nice, but obviously they're a little bit doofy and derpy. Decided to try and kitbash the bodies and legs together with spare parts from the newer VC Skeleton Warriors kit. The results are actually pretty solid, and they paint up fairly well. :)

8Y2Ccet.jpg

• Like 1

That's Army Painter snow with a layer of Citadel snow flock over the top of it. I used Valhallan Blizzard for the Grave Guard, not sure if you could tint it though. I imagine you could do by mixing small, dilute amounts in. :)

Just now, Double Misfire said:

Skeletons looking suitably spooky CG! The new much better sculpted new heads and arms look great on the more dynamic old bodies, best of both worlds imo. :) 

Thanks! Yeah, I actually quite like the old bodies a fair bit. Heads and weapons are fairly awful, but they work well, especially once they're all blocked up together.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CoffeeGrunt said:

That's Army Painter snow with a layer of Citadel snow flock over the top of it. I used Valhallan Blizzard for the Grave Guard, not sure if you could tint it though. I imagine you could do by mixing small, dilute amounts in. :)

Thanks! Yeah, I actually quite like the old bodies a fair bit. Heads and weapons are fairly awful, but they work well, especially once they're all blocked up together.

I'm stockpiling the oversized heads and weapons for my super secret future project

Spoiler

a dwarf undead army

if you're throwing them away. ;) 

Sadly I passed them on. Actually cursed myself for it later as I was mulling over making a few Skeleton Archers for list variety later and the Bows were on those sprues too. These have been in the painting queue for a month or two now.

I'd like to see a project like that though, so make sure to post it up when you have the chance! :)

Haha, well I'll keep an eye out if we're all still alive by then. :P

Had a 4000pt game to cap off a 3 day campaign I was playing with a friend from the GHB. It was quite fun, and thankfully I managed to storm through each game at 1500, 2000 and finally 4000pts. This is my entire collection and it was pretty cool to get the chance to put it all on the table. Sadly only about half of it is fully painted and based so far, but I'm steadily ploughing through it all. :)

WP_20161112_16_30_46_Pro.jpg

Also kitbashed this chappy together as a Necromancer/Liche Priest/Tomb Herald. I mainly intend to play him as the latter, I like to imagine the brazier burning with spiritfire as he slams it into the ground, raising the dead all around him. Was an easy conversion, glad I've got all these spare Hexwraith bitz, haha.

WP_20161112_22_19_45_Pro.jpg

• Like 1