3rd party 'Ardboys?

ADDriot

These mantic models look to be about 5% smaller than the ardboy models and you get 40 of them in a box.

They aren't as heavily armored but I do like the look and may build a box to add flavor to some ardboy units.

http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/kings-of-war/orcs/product/orc-ax-horde-40-figures.html

I like the ardboy models but the big square chunk on the bottom irritates me.  I based the models with dense tall brush and flowers to hide it.

9 hours ago, tolstedt said:

I like the ardboy models but the big square chunk on the bottom irritates me.  I based the models with dense tall brush and flowers to hide it.

I'm with you. I'm  just getting to the point where I need to figure out what to do to hide it. I can leave it black.but then the model seems unfinished. Seems like a bad design job. The rest is nice though. 

18 hours ago, tolstedt said:

These mantic models look to be about 5% smaller than the ardboy models and you get 40 of them in a box.

They aren't as heavily armored but I do like the look and may build a box to add flavor to some ardboy units.

http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/kings-of-war/orcs/product/orc-ax-horde-40-figures.html

They are too slim. Bought a box and regreted it. :(

On ‎22‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 3:25 PM, Vasshpit said:

Wait for blood bowl and use those.

I forsee this being quite common.

Yup, I'll be getting on this myself. 40K Nobz are a solid choice as well.

On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 4:13 AM, MightyQwan said:

I'm with you. I'm  just getting to the point where I need to figure out what to do to hide it. I can leave it black.but then the model seems unfinished. Seems like a bad design job. The rest is nice though. 

Yeh unfortunately this is just a symptom of being older models. When you're assembling and painting Brutes etc alongside them it's far more noticeable.

1 hour ago, Furious said:

I don't have any of these models - what is the big square chunk?

The groin of the black orcs is poorly sculpted and looks like a big square chunk.  I think it is supposed to be chainmail dangling, but connects on the bottom and sides in a strange way.

6 hours ago, tolstedt said:

The groin of the black orcs is poorly sculpted and looks like a big square chunk.  I think it is supposed to be chainmail dangling, but connects on the bottom and sides in a strange way.

Ah yes I know what you mean now. Thanks!

Archived