How would Morghasts work with FEC?

wayniac

I had a thought (forget if I mentioned this before in one of my rants) of getting a unit of Morghasts, not sure which to outfit them, and using them with my Flesh-Eater Courts army.  Fluffwise, I envision the mordants view them as "angelic messengers sent from God" (i.e. Nagash), divine proof that they are good and noble and righteous warriors and proof of the divine right of King Shivergloom (my Abhorrant Ghoul King) over the realms.  If you are familiar with Kings of War, the idea popped into my head because at one point I was thinking of playing that game with the Basileans, who are basically human paladin-types who go to war with angels.

However, all I know for the most part about these things is they look amazing.  Are they something that can work with a Flesh-Eater army?

1 hour ago, ElectricPaladin said:

I mean… why not? A summoning buff is always nice. Do you plan to summon a lot?

I'd recommend archai over harbingers. Flesh Eaters need more high quality attacks.

Honestly I'd recommend  Harbringers over Archai. Statistically getting the charge on the same turn they get summoned (9" away from enemy, 10,5 statistical average of 3d6) is IMO more worth than the additional +1 rend.

The background for Morghasts in End Times: Nagash goes into some nice detail about what they looked like when they were the messengers of whichever Nehekharan god with gold wing and such, so it would make perfect sense for FECs to see them as something resembling that. Charging on a 3D6 works in any army!

Yeah I'm thinking the extra charge ones but both look amazingly cool. However the ones with the glaive/halberds have better Rend which is something that flesh eaters seem to lack. Oh well they are a future purchase so I have time to decide

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, wayniac said:

Yeah I'm thinking the extra charge ones but both look amazingly cool. However the ones with the glaive/halberds have better Rend which is something that flesh eaters seem to lack. Oh well they are a future purchase so I have time to decide

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

The correct answer is to buy and include both. ;) 

16 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

The background for Morghasts in End Times: Nagash goes into some nice detail about what they looked like when they were the messengers of whichever Nehekharan god with gold wing and such, so it would make perfect sense for FECs to see them as something resembling that. Charging on a 3D6 works in any army!

Funny enough that's still canon in AOS and lore wise only nagash's "trusted" generals can use and control them. 

Just now, Double Misfire said:

I really need to pick up the GA: Death book sometime, it sounds like it's got a bunch of interesting stuff in it.

I don't think it was in the grand alliance death(going to check) book even though it gives a nice overview of the general undead in AOS. I recall it was in the lord of undeath novel that they said they used to serve a god from the world that was until nagash defeated them and took control of them. 

Archived