Dawnbringers 5 Discussion Thread

As someone mentioned that the February 2024 Whitedwarf contained information about the Lady of the Ruin, which IMO seems to be related to Dawnbringers 5 or even 6, I've created this thread.

I am currently reading that bit of the Whitedwarf, so I will post a summary shortly.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 3

I don't think that's worth creating a thread about. Khorgos Khul getting a Daemon Prince model has been heavily speculated for Dawnbringers, do we really need to create a thread for a supplement we know nothing about because there was a short story teasing him? 

Just now, BarakUrbaz said:

I don't think that's worth creating a thread about. Khorgos Khul getting a Daemon Prince model has been heavily speculated for Dawnbringers, do we really need to create a thread for a supplement we know nothing about because there was a short story teasing him? 

Well, it is not a thread lonely for that. It would be here once bigger spoilers from the 5th book come, so it would be all concentrated in the same place.

• Like 1

• Bel'akor Chaos Legionaries kill a Chaos Warriors with the Mark of the Everchosen.
  • There are mentions of a traitor Varanguard member called Vorak Gul, from Airidian. He is part of the Eighth Circle.
  • Vorak and the Legionaries have a plan to steal some weapons, but the Lady of Ruin finds out about this plot.
  • The Lady of Ruin has black armour decorated with gold details. Her spear is of a magmatic orange colour.
  • Confirms the links between the Varanguard, its "Marshal" the Lady of Ruin and the Nurgle Harbingers knightly Order, and the future action taking place in Ghyran (from DB1) and 2. that Archaon and the Lady of Ruins actually know that Be'lakor is corrupting the Eight Circle of the Varanguard
  • The Lady of Ruin defeats them all without a problem. One of his attacks consists of a fire coming from her spear that makes its enemy's flesh mutate or melt.

image.png.17c4ec3528e975ca99308c34588451d2.png

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:
  • Bel'akor Chaos Legionaries kill a Varangard member.
  • There are mentions of a traitor Varanguard member called Vorak Gul, from Airidian. He is part of the Eighth Circle.
  • Vorak and the Legionaries have a plan to steal some weapons, but the Lady of Ruin finds out about this plot.
  • The Lady of Ruin has black armour decorated with gold details. Her spear is of a magmatic orange colour.
  • The Lady of Ruin defeats them all without a problem. One of his attacks consists of a fire coming from her spear that dilutes the flesh and bones from their opponents until they turn into dust.

Yeah in Spear of Darkness they don't kill a Varanguard, just a Chaos Warriors with the Mark of the Everchosen. Because the story insist on the other characters being Varanguard : Gul and the "Lady of Ruin".

Also, the spear beam makes their flesh mutate or melt (not turn to dust). Which could have cool effect in terms of rules, like creating a Chaos Spawn if you suffer mortal wounds from the spear ranged attack. 

It's also worth mentioning that 1. it confirms the links between the Varanguard, its "Marshal" the Lady of Ruin and the Nurgle Harbingers knightly Order, and the future action taking place in Ghyran (from DB1) and 2. that Archaon and the Lady of Ruins actually KNOW that Be'lakor is corrupting the Eight Circle of the Varanguard. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Yeah in Spear of Darkness they don't kill a Varanguard, just a Chaos Warriors with the Mark of the Everchosen. Because the story insist on the other characters being Varanguard : Gul and the "Lady of Ruin".

Also, the spear beam makes their flesh mutate or melt (not turn to dust). Which could have cool effect in terms of rules, like creating a Chaos Spawn if you suffer mortal wounds from the spear ranged attack. 

It's also worth mentioning that 1. it confirms the links between the Varanguard, its "Marshal" the Lady of Ruin and the Nurgle Harbingers knightly Order, and the future action taking place in Ghyran (from DB1) and 2. that Archaon and the Lady of Ruins actually KNOW that Be'lakor is corrupting the Eight Circle of the Varanguard. 

I would say it starts melting and mutating, but in the end, it turns into dust, but also this could be something lost in the translation that I got for reading.

The Lady of Ruin being sent out into the Mortal Realms could also tie into the section in Dawnbringers IV where katakros orders all of his legions to fortify their positions. To the ossiarchs outside of the Siege of Eightpoints, it's a strange order since they're actually managing to regain some of the ground they lost after Teclis decided to invade.... but they're built to obey so they do so anyway. Also, I'll take this moment to point out when Mannfred invaded one of Arkhan's "stash-house" of illegal/forbidden magical items, he found a lot of undead rat corpses and not much else, so it looks like shaven are inbound....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Battle Report on Warhammer + – Master the Art of Witch Hunting with Callis and Toll - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

If the new battle report from Warhammer + can be taken as some sort of spoiler (looks like, as it is based on the narrative campaign) we would see Callis and Toll dealing with the results of the "wine" exports into Hammerhall.

They track down the root of the king's blood curse and end up battling against a horde of ghouls, that are led by a ghoul king, in the pumping station from Cinderfall district.

The pumping station has been corrupted, so now the curse is spreading even faster. And all of this is happening in the lower bits of the city, meanwhile the upper city is being besieged by chaotic forces.

Krethusa and her army reinforce the CoS forces during the game, so she could be helping them to stop the curse.

image.png.bb7e8936568f0c6da62d0f74884c2fbf.png

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Battle Report on Warhammer + – Master the Art of Witch Hunting with Callis and Toll - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

If the new battle report from Warhammer + can be taken as some sort of spoiler (looks like, as it is based on the narrative campaign) we would see Callis and Toll dealing with the results of the "wine" exports into Hammerhall.

They track down the root of the king's blood curse and end up battling against a horde of ghouls, that are led by a ghoul king, in the pumping station from Cinderfall district.

The pumping station has been corrupted, so now the curse is spreading even faster. And all of this is happening in the lower bits of the city, meanwhile the upper city is being besieged by chaotic forces.

Krethusa and her army reinforce the CoS forces during the game, so she could be helping them to stop the curse.

image.png.bb7e8936568f0c6da62d0f74884c2fbf.png

Makes sense that the former servant of a god of blood and murder would want to stop a blood curse from spreading, does the battle report give any more hints about what we can expect from Dawnbringers V? or are we stuck waiting for the reveal this Friday/Saturday?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Makes sense that the former servant of a god of blood and murder would want to stop a blood curse from spreading, does the battle report give any more hints about what we can expect from Dawnbringers V? or are we stuck waiting for the reveal this Friday/Saturday?

That's all as far as I am aware. Shows some rules from characters, but nothing lore-wise or book specific.

• Like 1

Could you please give us a quick rundown of what it says ? Pretty sure most people here don’t speak Spanish. As a native speaker of a Latin language I can make out a few keywords, but I’m definitely missing 99% of the text here, and probably other users are too.

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Could you please give us a quick rundown of what it says ? Pretty sure most people here don’t speak Spanish. As a native speaker of a Latin language I can make out a few keywords, but I’m definitely missing 99% of the text here, and probably other users are too.

I didn't read it. The guy posted all the 40 pages of lore, but I have no time to read it. I just thought it would be cool to paste the "big images" ones so people wanting for Slanesh or River Temple see confirmation. Also, the map where Verdigris is established.

Edited by Ejecutor

Dawnbringers V Plot Summary posted on Reddit:

Zenestra crusade establishes new city on Cursed Mountain.

Zenestra fight the new released Nighthaunt and as their leader is set to puts out one of his candels, which is showcased before to permakill humans...Zenestra survives, laughs it off and than puts out one of her candels and kills the Nighthaunt.

Callis and Toll saves the city with help of Krethusa from noble french soldiers who tried to delivery fine wine to the citizens.

Before Krethusa leaves the heroic duo..she warns them about something darker coming: A green flame that will burn the gold and heavens

Back in Ghyran..nobel French king Ushoran takes bath in river and poisons the entire river. River Temple aelves gets this information and go to Ghyran to preform ritual to cleans the river.

Ghyran crusade establish the city near the rivers and are joined by the local folks, which recently got shippment of the new French wine, so they are half transforming into nobel warriors.

Crusaders are attacked by the nobel warriors and all almost defeated, but River Temple aelves and Krethusa comes in time and saves the day.

River Temple perform the ritual and cleans the river.

Krethusa gives a warning to crusaders that there is huge friestomr coming and behind it ruined knights with wings and they are lead by highnes in ruin..a demon...a wome of old and she helds a spear of power long gone and forgoten.

Kruleboyz sense the moving shift in realms and gather massive WAAAGH to prepare for upcoming tide of darkness.

Deep in Blight City..the skaven gather with numbers beyond imaginable..all clans working together..the orders are given straight from Skreech Verminking,which kills any member of Council of 13 who does not listen to order given to him by The Great Horned Rat himself. The armor is been made, new monster been mould and new weaponary tested. Each day at the top of the Blight City the bell tools 13 times with laughter of Great Horned Rat himself in the sky.

• Like 4

Lol, I love the commitment to the French soldiers bit.😆

Zenestra’s crusade makes a lot more sense in context when you figure she’s going for the Realmgates leading to Shyish. She herself is a dual being & power of Aqshy & Shyish so if she can build a city that links both Realms her power will be immense.

And on the warp flame striking gold & heavens, as easy as it is to see the gold being Stormcast I wonder if that’s also a hint towards Chamon, the Realm of Gold, for their plans that will end up pulling in the duardin as they use the resources as a staging ground to try and pierce Azyr?(and also put AoS4 in Chamon as the new realm focus)

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1

Spoiler
2 hours ago, mawhis117 said:

Before Krethusa leaves the heroic duo..she warns them about something darker coming: A green flame that will burn the gold and heavens

That seems to be a reference to the next edition, with Skaven warpfire being the "green flame" and "heavens" being Sigmar/Azyr. "Gold" might be just be Stormcast, but could also be Chamon, which would be interesting.

2 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Zenestra’s crusade makes a lot more sense in context when you figure she’s going for the Realmgates leading to Shyish. She herself is a dual being & power of Aqshy & Shyish so if she can build a city that links both Realms her power will be immense.

Wouldn't she be Azyr because she constantly summons lightning and whatnot? I've never seen her do anything with Aqshy. 

3 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

And on the warp flame striking gold & heavens, as easy as it is to see the gold being Stormcast I wonder if that’s also a hint towards Chamon, the Realm of Gold, for their plans that will end up pulling in the duardin as they use the resources as a staging ground to try and pierce Azyr?(and also put AoS4 in Chamon as the new realm focus)

it would make a LOT of sense to bring in new duardin to help fight Skaven... fingers crossed

aetherGOLD too

Edited by CommissarRotke

1 hour ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Wouldn't she be Azyr because she constantly summons lightning and whatnot? I've never seen her do anything with Aqshy. 

I feel that’s just the faithful powers she’s pulling from Sigmar & his followers similar to what the Lord-Relictors do despite being innately necromatic magic users.

Native origin-wise she seems to be Aqshyian having been in Hammerhal for over a century and it’s possible that’s why she has that “snuff out the candle” ability combining the two.(and if you want to reeeally stretch it the “Hysh wheel powers” theories also could tie into multiple factions that see Hysh as a refined flame akin to Aqshy such as the FEC Blisterskins do, Aqshy ghouls that worship Hysh’s light)

Tahlia may be more liked but Zenestra is easily the most fascinating character of CoS. 😄