What would Skaven terrain look like in AoS?

hobgoblinclub

Frantically painting up my skaven for Blood and Glory. The draft pack just appeared and I forgot all about scenery! I've got stuff I can take, but it's generic hill, wood, house type items. I'd really like to make some skaven themed terrain pieces. 

With precious little AoS skaven fluff to use as inspiration, what do you think that would look like? What should I build to fit with a skaven force? Ideas please TGA.

The catch: I've also got an army to paint so I need some ideas that'll be quick to put together. 

Thanks. 

What about, quite literal translation but you probably know what I mean, moleholes. Get some styrofoam, cut it into a vulcano shape, slap some dirt on it,, Maybe 1 or two rats coming out. Treat it as a different clan coming through the ground and make it dangerous terrain. :)

Actually if you could have nothing on the table and claim all the Skaven terrain us under the surface. 

Alternatives though! Water features with sewer outflows. Shear cliffs and hills with tunnels bored int them. 

Also think of how the environment would look during a Skaven infestation. Boarded up houses or houses with roof's blown off or sheared through from Warp Lighting. Maybe some sort of OSL afterglow on them too. 

Fortifications collapsed by plague claw catapults. 

All  great suggestions.  Thanks folks!

9 hours ago, MacDuff said:

How about a weathered mouse trap hidden in foliage, as dangerous terrain? Or a row of mouse statues on left-over bases, kind of like Tomb Kings used to have as terrain statues?

Love the idea of a mousetrap!  Silly but just might work.  What about the trap from the board game Mousetrap, all painted up to look rusted and skaveny?

I'll probably attempt some sort of tunnel entrance, with a trail of filth leading downwards, I think.

2 minutes ago, TalesOfSigmar said:

I've been planning some for my Skaven.

Don't know why but really considering something along the lines of this below. Having a Skaven Warpstone Mining area. Don't know how it would look on the table though...

s-l500.jpg

Looks amazing but I think you might have to 'Skaven' it a bit. Now it looks more like a manmade or dwarfmade mining area. Also there might be an issue of scale. 

42 minutes ago, TalesOfSigmar said:

Yeah that's true, not sure how to 'Skaven' it up though.

It's designed for Malifaux/28mm gaming so should fit ok. It's only about £18 so might be worth a purchase just for a play around.

That's an amazing price. Defintly get it! 

And how to skaven it up...add a little warpstone glow to the water. Some small rats/giant rats lurking around. Make sure the cabins look like they could fall apart. Maybe a Rat ogre pushing the cart

I you want to go really hardcore convert the waterwheel to a rat powered wheel. But that would mean the water source needs to be converted as wel maybe dropping the water into a big barrel that blocks LoS

1 hour ago, TalesOfSigmar said:

I've been planning some for my Skaven.

Don't know why but really considering something along the lines of this below. Having a Skaven Warpstone Mining area. Don't know how it would look on the table though...

s-l500.jpg

That looks like a great kit, especially for the price! Where from? It'll be a bit of work but would look cool for a whole table. I think I'm gonna end up paying the same just for a beaten up old copy of Mouse Trap!

For me it's all about steampunk warp stone-powered technology. Like giant rusty generators and tesla coils hooked up the dark green crystals with rotten wooden platforms and scaffolding. Maybe some Necromunda style terrain, or some Ork bitz combined with the Goblin Town platforms (or just with scaffolds made from Popsicle (ice-lolly) sticks) - of course with anything too technological or otherwise unwanted being filed away with sand paper.

Archived