Age of Sigmar: Streets of Death

JackStreicher

10 hours ago, NinthMusketeer said:

Meeting engagements flopped hard, so could be a useful resource for what NOT to do.

Good point.
I'd almost copy Boarding Actions with a few additions.
Examples for everyone not familiar with it:

- Units can only be taken in their minimum sizes. Monsters of a certain size are not allowed (this can be edited depending on missions)
- Only visible models can be killed (shooting & magic in 40K in AoS I'd say both: Shooting, magic and melee)
- Some mechanic to tear down/fight from barricades
- Missions layouts
- Max 2 Heroes
- Commands can only be issued to visible units and not through closed barricades and doors.
- No Faction Terrain

:)

Not much more to add, unley you guys have cool ideas!

(then everything has to be put into words and we need missions)

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Good point.
I'd almost copy Boarding Actions with a few additions.
Examples for everyone not familiar with it:

- Units can only be taken in their minimum sizes. Monsters of a certain size are not allowed (this can be edited depending on missions)
- Only visible models can be killed (shooting & magic in 40K in AoS I'd say both: Shooting, magic and melee)
- Some mechanic to tear down/fight from barricades
- Missions layouts
- Max 2 Heroes
- Commands can only be issued to visible units and not through closed barricades and doors.
- No Faction Terrain

:)

Not much more to add, unley you guys have cool ideas!

(then everything has to be put into words and we need missions)

If we going to move into cities, should we have something relative to height for buildings and stuff like that? Talking completely from a non player pov.

9 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

If we going to move into cities, should we have something relative to height for buildings and stuff like that? Talking completely from a non player pov.

Should not be necessary. However this depends on design choices

Example, if we want buildings to play an active role it'd be nice if the rules for garrisons are removed, one can walk on buildings and potentially climb to higher levels. If a shooting attack is performed from an elevated position (higher floor of 2.5-3" in height) than the target's position (expect for when the target is a monster) you can add -1 rend to the attack.

apart from that the AoS cover rules do cover most situations rather well :D

In the end the rules will turn out to be even more lightweight than AoS I'd imagine, with smaller forces fighting.

Edited by JackStreicher

I've been reading old AoS books and there are some rules that can be used (with some tweaks) too:

• Siege Warfare (GHB2017): There is another phase just before the first battleround to decide what type of tactics are you going to use. The attacker can roll some dice to use Starve (morta wounds every round for each defender unit), Batter (destroy walls on a roll) or Tunnel (teleport behind the Walls). The defender can try to Counter-tactic all of them with some negative/positive modifiers.
  • Streets of Death (GHB2019): There are a few new rules to play. People can attack building (Demolition) or set them in fire (Firestorm), can move around using City Sewers, Narrow Streets is a debuff for big units (Mosnters mainly). Attackers and defenders have their own abilities, they can build some Barricades or use new profiles if they are Garrisoning a building (Bricks and Stones). I played one game a few years ago and was one of the best games that I ever had (at 1000 points).
  • Season of War: Firestorm: Has a lot of rules, but there are a few "not-command abilities" that uses their campaign currency (Strategy Points) like Burning a Building, Night Fighting, Ambush, etc.. 

There are a lot of stuff that doesn't work anymore with AoS 3.0, but I love reading old campaign books.

• Like 3

This is something I've dreamed of doing for ages. I agree with comments I've read around minimum unit sizes, limit to 1 or 2 heroes. I would also waiver or amend the cohesion rules for right city street fighting. For example, a unit of 5 Chaos Chosen have 2 models at the end of a street, and the other 3 models at the other end of the street. The 2 Chosen are issued a command by a Hero that they are visible to, only those 2 models would receive the benefit of the command. The other 3 aren't visible and are too far away to have the command relayed to them. 

You could probably incorporate some Warcry rules around terrain and cover. Maybe +1 Save to a model that hasn't moved and is within 1/2" of a terrain feature when targeted by a melee attack. 

I think some of the Skirmish rules and the Meeting Engagements rules could be used, don't have them handy anymore. Meeting Engagements was quite good if used as intended.

Just some thoughts from me.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Coherency could be changed to something simple like „every model must be within 6-8“ of every other model in the unit“.

That sounds exactly like Turnip28, and it's awesome!

Edit: File with the Siege Warfare, Streets of Death and Boarding Actions:

Boarding Actions, Warfare, City Fight.pdf

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 2