The Painting Contract - September 2023

TheOtherJosh

On 9/12/2023 at 9:59 AM, Gitzdee said:

I started painting the other 2 Kurnoth Hunters. Tried painting the weapons bronze but i didnt quite like it enough. Ill try going for the classic gold and green wood elves scheme next, but i ran out of gold paint XD.

20230911_192535.jpg.80eff4b4ea69a0db526ba8a4d0eb0f35.jpg

I like the bark/skin tone, what did you use? Going to start on my Treelord soon and trying to work out what paints to get.

3 hours ago, EntMan said:

I like the bark/skin tone, what did you use? Going to start on my Treelord soon and trying to work out what paints to get.

Thanks! I used Rhinox Hide for the base and Gorthor Brown layered on top. Used Zandri Dust for the brighter parts and highlights. On my Dryads i also used a little bit of Mournfang Brown here and there to make them look less samey. For the branches i used Elysian Green and Moot Green.

I used black primer and that sometimes can make certain parts feel a bit dark so i used some Wraithbone on the eyes, mouth and the green heart/seed thingy to make the green look brighter. Hope this is helpfull.

Edit: I try to paint more aware of  dark and lighter parts on a model so i didnt use any washes here.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Flesh Hounds are done! However, I took a short break from painting Khorne and managed to almost fully paint a full unit of Plaguebearers! The pictures do not show the most recent state - I have finished swords and the banner, so now, there's only horns and faces left to paint. I expect to finish that during next week. I've used Tyler Mengel's painting tutorial for Plaguebearers and was able to paint them really quickly. However, I have to note that I decided to spend a bit less time working on transitions and some details, because my primary goal was to paint these models fairly quickly (I want to play them in WHFB 6th edition campaign in my Daemonic Legions army, so that was my primary motivation).  Here are some pictures:

pb1.jpg.3db2af3aa09689823e457429888eb1b3.jpg

pb2.jpg.28a68bd0c7e659c92175b977f8d52b30.jpg

pb3.jpg.88d203ab5be69c895b498005219fdd0f.jpg

Edited by Painbringer
  • Like 6

Finished painting 20 Gutrippaz and 6 Boltboyz, and with them finished my goal for this month!

Not my best painted minis, but for the time it took I really think it turned out alright! First time trying ”slapchop” and I must say it’s really effective. Made my own ”contrast paint” by mixing normal citadel paints and contrast medium, which worked better than expected!

A00C3A05-7D8D-4924-B634-85C4EA5E4627.jpeg

C64A7B34-D532-475B-98C2-E81482853C6A.jpeg

Edited by Sabush
  • Like 7