+1 to hit for death?

hobgoblinclub

On 9/28/2016 at 11:49 AM, hobgoblinclub said:

It was for spirit hosts, so they generate mortal wounds on hits of a 5 or more. Anyone other than Settra? I was hoping to leave TK out to be honest. I'm not a huge fan.

I know it's not exactly what you want, but the Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon using his command ability on Spirit Hosts has yielded good results for me.  Last game I played I ran a squad of 6 spirit hosts and they managed to do a ton of work.  I imagine that giving them +1 to hit and using the VLoZD would make them fairly nasty.

I know it's not exactly what you want, but the Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon using his command ability on Spirit Hosts has yielded good results for me.  Last game I played I ran a squad of 6 spirit hosts and they managed to do a ton of work.  I imagine that giving them +1 to hit and using the VLoZD would make them fairly nasty.

It's equivalent to giving them each an extra 4 attacks, so a 2/3 damage buff!

• 2 weeks later...

Settra is what you're looking for, I'm afraid he's the only way to get +1 to hit on Spirit Hosts. I run this, and it's absolutely lethal. If you like the rules, but simply don't want the model in your army, I've seen some awesome conversions involving Arkhan and horses from the Black Knight kit.

The Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon is also good. With Settra, each Spirit Host model deals on average 2 mortals wounds per combat phase, while with the Vampire Lord, each Spirit Host deals 1.67 mortal wounds. On top of that, Settra spreads the bonus to all your units within 18" of him, while the Vampire boosts a single unit.

I recently saw a Death army with Settra, Spirit Hosts, a Mortis Engine and a Coven Throne place quite high in a tournament, so this works pretty well even if you don't mix in other TK units. Grave Guard benefit greatly from Settra as well.

Archived