Faction Incarnates

Gitzdee

Faction Incarnates  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Would u like faction Incarnates?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but need some rule changes first

Would u like faction specific Incarnates?

I would like this because it could fix some of the issues some armies have like Bonesplitterz and Nighthaunt that can really use something like a big hammer. Some Incarnates could also be support pieces and i think it is a fun way to update armies and have some fun new pieces to play around with and it really is fitting for this edition. Some could also be for multiple armies like some of the Mega-Gargants. 

Edited by Gitzdee
  • LOVE IT! 1

Almost any role an Incarnate fills can be filled by another unit with more conventional rules. The only exception is that of an anvil that can't be one-turned no matter what, and I don't think the game needs that. There's other units that can be made for factions that lack a key role.

I do think we'll get more incarnates, and I'm not necessarily opposed to that! The key is that instead of locking them to a faction, they should be locked to their battlepack (or to Narrative Play). Krondspine should not have appeared in any Matched Play games outside of those using the Season of War: Thondia battlepack instead of the GHB one. Fix that, and they can make whatever incarnates they want without me having a negative opinion--I might even have a very positive one if the model is cool!

• Like 3

Personally I don't want more gimmicks. I'd rather see GW churn out cool kits for armies that need them. Or even work on a new race. But I already found faction terrain to be a bit meh and ultimately I'm not sure if they aren't actually a negative addition once they try to push them into every faction. Can be fun for some but we already got fun gimmicks in endless spells.

• Like 1

I wish that they had instead opted to make Incarnates tied to the different realms with a total of eight. I also think they should develop eight pieces of terrain that can be swapped for faction specific terrain. 

Alternatively 4 Incarnates, one for each of the Grand Alliances might be a happy medium?

Either way I think one per faction would unfortunately result in the same sort of unfulfilled promise represented by faction terrain and endless spells. 

I think that could work easily, just water them down a little so they’re not as anvil hard as the Krondspine and future Realm Incarnates and faction Incarnates can work splendidly as hybrid Endless Spell/summonable boss units with appropriate heavy pricing.

Plus it can give Stormcast Eternals the giant talking Zordon head from the Tempestfall game and that’s the ultimate win right there to have a giant Stormcast mask floating around zapping everyone:

IMG_0430.png

• Haha 1