Warhammer Legends

If I'm not mistaken, the warscrolls from Warhammer Legends are an official part of Age of Sigmar. So why do I rarely see any of them mentioned here? The ones from the Order Alliance are all but one aligned with Cities of Sigmar so I think there's lots of possibilites there. Swordmasters for instance I think could be very good melee infantry for the price of 140 points...

The problem is that they aren't legal in tournaments, and many people play by tournament rules. People that do not are generally less active in rules discussions.

The other issue is that the warscrolls dumped in 2019, Swordmasters included, are not yet in Legends if I see it correctly. They have the "Eldritch Council" keyword. I am unsure whether or not they can be included (though the warscroll builder seems to think so).

Edited by zilberfrid

In addition to the problems that have already been mentioned, a lot of legends warscrolls are also just kinda bad. The power level of warscrolls and faction-internal synergy has definitely risen since those warscrolls were first written. I have looked at them a few times, but I don't really think there are any hidden gems there. At least not for Cities.

7 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

The problem is that they aren't legal in tournaments, and many people play by tournament rules. People that do not are generally less active in rules discussions.

A lot of tournaments allow them (at least where I live), but their warscrolls didn't age well, and some old interactions are lost (like Barak-Thryng DUARDIN) or worst, you can't legally take them in any of your AOS armies unless going without battle traits (GA).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Beliman said:

A lot of tournaments allow them (at least where I live), but their warscrolls didn't age well, and some old interactions are lost (like Barak-Thryng DUARDIN) or worst, you can't legally take them in any of your AOS armies unless going without battle traits (GA).

Thryng at one point could take a Hellcannon

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2022 at 2:47 AM, Barbarian Borelord said:

If I'm not mistaken, the warscrolls from Warhammer Legends are an official part of Age of Sigmar. So why do I rarely see any of them mentioned here? The ones from the Order Alliance are all but one aligned with Cities of Sigmar so I think there's lots of possibilites there. Swordmasters for instance I think could be very good melee infantry for the price of 140 points...

They are not official, they have a "last ditch/chance" to have some semi appropriate rules and points so people can include them in friendly pick up games. 

The sad part of threads is commentary is often dominated by top tier players who are driving for wins in a tournament scene.  Often when someone brings up something like Legends, a couple of said gamers will shut it down pretty fast with comments that push players out.  

Personally I play a Spellsinger in my Wanderers list.  I looked at the Waywatcher hero but I don't care to bother since SotW are so effective and useful to me.  It's just a game, GW isn't policing your table.  If people around your scene are that much against it sorry to hear.  If you have the models I would love to see them played.  Maybe post some bat-reps and stuff in appropriate threads.