Bloodbound buddies versus meta, apply within!

Wolden Spoons

2 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Surely you guys have figured out to spam Slaughterpriests using blood boil to snipe annoying characters by now?

Not everyone can solve the answer by throwing money at their army, though. Sadly, spamming Slaughterpriests comes at the detriment to the rest of your army, as they don't really give that many buffs unless you take them in a formation. 

30 minutes ago, Aspirant Snaeper said:

Not everyone can solve the answer by throwing money at their army, though. Sadly, spamming Slaughterpriests comes at the detriment to the rest of your army, as they don't really give that many buffs unless you take them in a formation. 

I can't think of an instance where you wouldn't want to use either blood boil or blood bind. If you think of Slaughterpriests as mobile, short range artillery pieces that don't require line of sight and can also dispel stuff and control where your opponent's models move they're a steal at 100 points. That said, you'd need three of them to get anything off reliably and they do eat up valuable character slots.

Yeah we had this discussion in the Slaughterpriest thread. I'm lucky and own 3, 4 when Gorechosen arrives so I can spam them. The problem being the character limits as you pretty much want a Bloodsecrator and Mr Whippy so that's 6 of them right there. I did miss them off my solutions though so good catch.

I realize this isn't specifically a bloodbound solution for Kunnin Rukk heroes, but perhaps he came dressed in Khorne gear and we included him in the army accidentally.  I'm talking of course about the Changeling.  Plonk him over near the warboss and keep 200pts for summoning some flamers. Options to shoot the boss and potentially charge him with his own weapon.  This is my plan in my Khorne Tzeentch (unsteady) alliance anyway.

Twin Slaughterpriests running Blood boil is hard hitting and what with the WD free one and them being in the start collecting set they are fairly easy to come by. 

They aren't cheap at 100 pts though. They are a little squishy at +5 save and massive so quite open to being sniped themselves. Being range 16 and prayers being used in the hero phase before they've moved limits their sniping power. They do look very cool though which is important. 

I did find them a bit disappointing when they found themselves in combat although I did forget that the Dark Feast bonus effects the Battalions characters as well as the Bloodreavers. So at least one of them should have had a bit more bite.  

A 3 plague claw foul rain force with Epedimius would enjoy that list. Hang back and bomb whichever unit doesn't have inspiring presence each turn. Then shamble forward onto objectives.

For Khorne, the -1 to hit on round 1 battle trait is definitely needed. You'll probably have to gamble getting the double turn too, but matchups like that can make that necessary 

Archived