Incarnates Rules Discussion

On 4/25/2022 at 11:52 AM, NinthMusketeer said:

Daemons are fundamentally different in that they are invaders to the mortal plane; they are native to the Realm of Chaos. An Incarnate, on the other hand, is very much from the Realms themselves.

As a sidenote, the Krondspine Incarnate doesn't quite radiate anger; it radiates savagery and predation. From a conceptual level that nuance is largely subtle but the way it actually manifests in the fluff is very different from Khornate influence.

Ah, now it makes sense, the incarnates work under totally different rules because they are from THIS reality, while the creatures from the OTHER reality that doesn't follow our rules have to follow our rules.

I get why the rules are so different now for them! Thank you!

And yes, I'm sure if Khorne ever radiated savagery and predation he'd be way out of his league. You're right of course. Very different than Khorne's usual predation and then savagery.

Bad sarcasm aside, it’s notable when you read the thondia fluff how desperate the writers seem to demarcate the incarnate from other things in the lore.

Many sentences start with something like:

”despite its skeletal animation, no creature of necromancy was this”

”despite the bloodlust and anger, no creature of khorne was this”

“Despite its strange, summoned nature, no daemon was this”.

And so on haha.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Eh, that is three sentences out of numerous pages. Including them is just good writing, because both in-universe and out there are strong similarities that would lead to people thinking it was one of those things. But it may be that the difference is only super clear to one who is versed in AoS fluff overall; there is a distinct manner in which Khornate entities are portrayed that is dissimilar to how the incarnate is written. It may simply be that it seems Khornate to those inexperienced with Warhammer fluff, but that is still a valid criticism.

Worth noting there are many out there who want to dislike Warhammer lore and have decided they do not like it before they even started reading. When looking for reasons to justify a pre-existing feeling on the incarnate that element is the low-hanging fruit. But I would hesitate to jump to that conclusion since, as mentioned before, the differences are not immediately obvious.

Edited by NinthMusketeer

35 minutes ago, Nezgor said:

Hello, I would like to know how many wounds he has and how he can inflict damage on him, I have not found anywhere how this works

You can google Krondspine Incarnate rules and find the whole thing pretty quickly :D

Just as an example, this posst on plasticcraic explains everything (and includes the original rules), specifically under the "Tough Mudder" heading https://plasticcraic.blog/2022/04/07/incarnate-of-ghur-revealed-full-rules-and-analysis/

Edited by Marcvs