Stormbringer - Age of Sigmar partworks from Hachette info thread

EonChao

18 hours ago, EntMan said:

Issues 23 and 24 now up for pre-order on forbidden planet.

Still no news on contents after issue 15?

Nope, Fauxhammer said he'd post it this week but still nothing. I've not had my account update to include the fourth delivery but in theory that should be arriving in the next week if there's no delays on Hachette's end

40 minutes ago, EonChao said:

Nope, Fauxhammer said he'd post it this week but still nothing. I've not had my account update to include the fourth delivery but in theory that should be arriving in the next week if there's no delays on Hachette's end

I got an email today from Forbidden Planet delaying the release dates of 23 and 24 by a week each.

Next one I have pre-ordered is 16 so hopefully we get the Fauxhammer reveal in time for me to cancel if necessary.

1 hour ago, EntMan said:

15 to 18 contents confirmed by Fauxhammer 

https://www.fauxhammer.com/partworks-magazines/warhammer-stormbringer-magazine-issues-15-18-contents-confirmed/

15 Stormcast Praetors (which we already knew)

16 Primal Lair - terrain

17 Paint 

18 Da Kunnin’ Krew

So that just leaves another 10 Hobgrots, the Snatchaboss and the Marshcrawler Sloggoth to wrap up the Kruleboyz issues

2 minutes ago, EonChao said:

So that just leaves another 10 Hobgrots, the Snatchaboss and the Marshcrawler Sloggoth to wrap up the Kruleboyz issues

I nabbed myself the Stormcast Chariot and am now mainly waiting for the KO and Sylvaneth stuff. And the Gargant depending how many issues it's spread over.

However I'm starting to be tempted by the terrain. What's the quality like? and is it the same plastic as miniatures are usually made of?

I made a spreadsheet (ofc i did) and this is what remains for models

Name Faction
Bastian Carthalos SE
Gardus Steel Soul SE
5 Vigilors SE
Gryph-Hounds SE
5 Vanquishers SE
Stormdrake Guard SE
Knight-Judicator with Gryph-hounds SE
Lord-Aquilor SE

Thundrik’s Profiteers KO
Endrinmaster with Dirigible Suit KO
Grundstok Thunderers KO
Arkanaut Admiral KO

Treelord / Spirit of Durthu Sy
Ylthari’s Guardians Sy
Spite-Revenants* Sy
Tree-Revenants* Sy
Druanti the Arch-Revenant Sy
BranchWych Sy

Ironskull’s Boyz OW
Megaboss OW
Marshcrawla Sloggoth OW
Warchanter OW
Swampboss Skumdrekk OW
5 Ardboys OW

Zarbag’s Gitz GG
Squig Herd GG
Gloomspite Grots Shootas/Stabbas GG
Mollogg’s Mob GG
Fungoid Cave-Shaman Snazzgar Stinkmullett GG
Fanatics GG
Sneaky Snufflers GG
Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig GG
Loonboss GG
5 Squig Hoppers GG
Skragrott the Loonking GG

Mancrusher Gargant SoB
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Miganto said:

Name Faction
Bastian Carthalos SE
Gardus Steel Soul SE
5 Vigilors SE
Gryph-Hounds SE
5 Vanquishers SE
Stormdrake Guard SE
Lord-Aquilor SE

Thundrik’s Profiteers KO
Grundstok Thunderers KO
Arkanaut Admiral KO

Ylthari’s Guardians Sy
Spite-Revenants* Sy
Tree-Revenants* Sy
BranchWych Sy

Ironskull’s Boyz OW
Megaboss OW
Marshcrawla Sloggoth OW
Warchanter OW
Swampboss Skumdrekk OW
5 Ardboys OW

Zarbag’s Gitz GG
Squig Herd GG
Mollogg’s Mob GG
Fanatics GG
Sneaky Snufflers GG
Loonboss GG
5 Squig Hoppers GG

Mancrusher Gargant SoB

Thanks! This is really handy.

I forgot about the Sqigs, I'll keep an eye out for them too.

2 hours ago, Miganto said:

Name Faction
Bastian Carthalos SE
Gardus Steel Soul SE
5 Vigilors SE
Gryph-Hounds SE
5 Vanquishers SE
Stormdrake Guard SE
Lord-Aquilor SE

Thundrik’s Profiteers KO
Grundstok Thunderers KO
Arkanaut Admiral KO

Ylthari’s Guardians Sy
Spite-Revenants* Sy
Tree-Revenants* Sy
BranchWych Sy

Ironskull’s Boyz OW
Megaboss OW
Marshcrawla Sloggoth OW
Warchanter OW
Swampboss Skumdrekk OW
5 Ardboys OW

Zarbag’s Gitz GG
Squig Herd GG
Mollogg’s Mob GG
Fanatics GG
Sneaky Snufflers GG
Loonboss GG
5 Squig Hoppers GG

Mancrusher Gargant SoB

Also got a decent lot of terrain/scenery to come according to Fauxhammer:

Nexus Syphon

2 x Domicile Shell

Domicile Shell with Winch

Guardian Idol

Azyrite Shattered Plaza Sprue

• Like 1

I have a feeling they will extend the collection to 90 issues like Imperium. I believe those last 10 issues will have the rest of the Dominion box, Yndrasta, the Celestial Spear, Knight-Vexillor with Banner of Apotheosis, 3x Annihilators, Killaboss on Great Gnashtoof and Murknob with Belcha-banna

7 minutes ago, KenA said:

I have a feeling they will extend the collection to 90 issues like Imperium. I believe those last 10 issues will have the rest of the Dominion box, Yndrasta, the Celestial Spear, Knight-Vexillor with Banner of Apotheosis, 3x Annihilators, Killaboss on Great Gnashtoof and Murknob with Belcha-banna

Mmm, not so sure on this. Problem is Yndrasta, knight-vexillor annd annhilators anre all on one sprue so wouldn’t be possible to split up between multiple issues without retooling. Same for orruks, it’s one sprue with killaboss, murknob and 3 boltboyz.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrimDork said:

Mmm, not so sure on this. Problem is Yndrasta, knight-vexillor annd annhilators anre all on one sprue so wouldn’t be possible to split up between multiple issues without retooling. Same for orruks, it’s one sprue with killaboss, murknob and 3 boltboyz.

I wasn't aware they were on one sprue each, cheers for educating me. Maybe they might give us them through special issues or something. They had them as premiums on the trail run so they might already have the stock.

Does anyone know if/how they divide up larger kits over multiple issues?

For example the marshcrawler is 2 sprues, Skumdrekk is 3 sprues.

Does anyone know from experience with imperium or mortal realms if big kits are split up or is it just a bumper issue?

Normally split up, Cellestant prime was over 3 issues i believe - 2 for sprues, one for the base (that issue contained 2 large bases).

Imperium had the dreadnaught split up too. 

Comes down to value of the model i'm guessing.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GrimDork said:

Does anyone know from experience with imperium or mortal realms if big kits are split up or is it just a bumper issue?

They do split some of the kits up based on the number of sprues and value of the kit. They tend to split them up in ways to discourage buying individual issues where possible but are heavily dependent on the sprues and also pad out the releases to 80 issues. I could see the Marshcrawler and Skumdrekk being 2 issues each (they're not super pricy kits). Likewise the Stormdrake Guard will almost certainly be 3-4 issues (2 sprues and bases all done separately).

Other than that we might be quite fortunate in terms of splits. I think the Gloomspite Stabbas will be over 2 issues. The Treelord and Gargant too. However unlike the Necron and SoB kits there aren't many that can be divided up by sprues in a nice neat way that gives you at least a single model each issue or one bigger kit.

Edit: I don't think we'll get an extra 10 issues to Stormbringer. It's possible but I suspect it won't. That said I'll be resisting buying too many others kits for the armies in the subscription until after it ends just in case.

Edited by EonChao
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Infernalslayer said:

Has anyone outside the UK ordered these, and how was shipping? Were there import taxes?

I am in the EU and wanted to order some issues but hesitate in fear of additional import costs.

I'm in the UK but a few people have ordered issues from Forbidden Planet from outside the UK. I'm not sure what the postage is like but they should tell you that when ordering issues. I'm not sure what import tax between the UK and EU currently are

38 minutes ago, Dogmantra said:

IIRC, Mortal Realms only split the two big capstone models over multiple issues - the Celestant Prime over 2 and the Mortis Engine over 4 (with the bases for those two coming in a separate issue together).

They also split some of the Nighthaunt units across multiple issues (5 in one issue, then another 5 in another) which is why I think the basic Gitz will be handled that way

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, GrimDork said:

Imperium split stuff more than Mortal Realms based on what @Dogmantra says. For example the Redemptor Dreadnought was split across three issues, meaning the saving was a lot lower than might at first have been expected.

A few of the Necron and Adeptus Mechanicus mid sized construct squads (the roughly ogre sized minis) were also split across the issues.

So I'd expect splitting rather than not. Makes actually subscribing more appealing (can't miss part of a kit) and reduces the overall saving.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, looking at the kits we're getting in this magazine there's hopefully not going to be too many split up between multiple issues just down to how many kits are units that come on one sprue so don't split up easily or are fairly low value by themselves. They did split up the Necron Warrior sprues with Imperium though so that's why I think the Stabbas/Shootas will be split up

I signed up late and had to try to do some catch up - I managed to get 1-10 delivered in just a few days even though they and my account say my first delivery should be 26th May.  I'm not sure if I am still 1 behind or not. 

Can you let me know if those that started at the beginning are getting Delivery 4 (11-14) in the next few days or 5 (15-19)?

9 hours ago, Miganto said:

I signed up late and had to try to do some catch up - I managed to get 1-10 delivered in just a few days even though they and my account say my first delivery should be 26th May.  I'm not sure if I am still 1 behind or not. 

Can you let me know if those that started at the beginning are getting Delivery 4 (11-14) in the next few days or 5 (15-19)?

You seem up to date. Issues 11-14 are the delivery I’m waiting for right now. I anticipate it arriving this week

Edited by EonChao
  • Thanks 1