AoS 3 - Kruleboyz Discussion

Arzalyn

Two kruleboyz lists got 4-1 results in this weekend tournaments!

Lone star GT is a interesting one, with 40 gutrippaz and loosing only against the standard teclis list on the last round.

Army Faction: Orruk Warclans

- Army Type: Kruleboyz

- Army Subfaction: Grinnin' Blades

- Grand Strategy: Waaagh!

- Triumphs: Indomitable

LEADER

1 x Snatchaboss on Sludgeraker Beast (290)*

- General

- Command Traits: Egomaniak

- Artefacts: Arcane Tome

- Mount Traits: Fast ’Un

- Spells: Nasty Hex

1 x Swampcalla Shaman and Pot-grot (100)*

- Spells: Choking Mist

1 x Swampcalla Shaman and Pot-grot (100)*

- Spells: Sneaky Miasma

1 x Killaboss with Stab-Grot (100)**

- Boss‑hacka and Skareshield

- Aspects of the Champion: Stubborn as a Rhinox

1 x Killaboss on Great Gnashtoof (130)**

BATTLELINE

20 x Gutrippaz (300)*

- Gutrippa Hornblower

- Gutrippa Drummer

- Gutrippa Boss

- 2 x Gutrippa Banner Bearer

- Wicked Stikka

20 x Gutrippaz (300)*

- Gutrippa Drummer

- Gutrippa Boss

- Gutrippa Hornblower

- 2 x Gutrippa Banner Bearer

- Wicked Stikka

10 x Hobgrot Slittaz (80)**

10 x Hobgrot Slittaz (80)**

OTHER

6 x Man-skewer Boltboyz (240)*

6 x Man-skewer Boltboyz (240)*

CORE BATTALIONS:

*Battle Regiment

**Battle Regiment

TOTAL POINTS: (1960/2000)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

Really like the bit about fellwater troggs. Make them a cross compatible unit!!

😏 With new modes... I said it. 😁

I think they should push that kind of cross compatibility a bit more. You see it in chaos a little, but fellwater troggs make a lot of sense with kruleboyz, even if the reason for the alliance is a bit different (breaka-bosses forcing them to fight or something). You could push aleguzzlers in for a similar reason, and sloggoths make a lot of sense in Gitz, its grots riding a trogg, with no orruks.

• Like 1

Its raining and gloomy here today in K.C. so have some random kruleboyz pics. 

Initially I was on the fence with the sloggoth but it grew on me but something always seemed off 🤔 and after hacking one up for a conversion I figured it out. The left forearm is substantially shorter than the right. Rando but now ya know. 

I can't unsee it and now ill have to extend each one I do!!🤪😄

20230222_083341.jpg.73664ac32195dbfb07b5e861605153f4.jpg

Also I've got one custom banner bearer to a point i feel like sharing my wip. 

I've really been taking my time with this army as I absolutely adore it and want to have something I can be proud of so here goes...

20230222_084121.jpg.4903c858e3910f794925d145a0c0d092.jpg20230222_084243.jpg.0f549ad8976ad4faf535d46d236f2614.jpg20230222_084150.jpg.0809ffba12aa6878f5efc583d3d16582.jpg20230222_084215.jpg.48e21cd0cde771e5197cad9735625bc4.jpg20230222_084315.jpg.6450cb24ef9981def047490949d343e2.jpg

Im still chipping away at these and ive got four total. 

🤘 Bog ninjas!🤘

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 7

• 4 weeks later...

I have a question regarding Kruleboyz Waaagh hopefully someone can answer or, if it has already been answered before, point me to the answer.

When you pick the units within 18 inches to fight with the general, how do you take "strike last"-effects into account?

3 hours ago, Sabush said:

I have a question regarding Kruleboyz Waaagh hopefully someone can answer or, if it has already been answered before, point me to the answer.

When you pick the units within 18 inches to fight with the general, how do you take "strike last"-effects into account?

You can break out of strikes last, assuming its not the general who's afflicted by it, just like with ironjawz Smashin and Bashin

• Like 1

(Please let me know if this isn't a good thread for this)

I'd like to play with two swampcalla shamans to get more access poisons, elixirs and spells.
But I really don't like playing with two identical hero models on the table.
Does anyone have any good tips for conversions or proxys?

18 minutes ago, Sabush said:

(Please let me know if this isn't a good thread for this)

I'd like to play with two swampcalla shamans to get more access poisons, elixirs and spells.
But I really don't like playing with two identical hero models on the table.
Does anyone have any good tips for conversions or proxys?

You could try to get hold of the event exclusive mini from last year, Muggruk? Tho may be a bit pricey.

Or just an old shaman model?

Or could convert? Staff swap? Poison bowl hand swap? Or head swap?

22 minutes ago, GrimDork said:

You could try to get hold of the event exclusive mini from last year, Muggruk? Tho may be a bit pricey.

Or just an old shaman model?

Or could convert? Staff swap? Poison bowl hand swap? Or head swap?

I've considered all three options actually hehe.
Mugruk is a bit too expensive, mainly because I can't find it in Sweden and the shipping and taxes from UK for a single tiny model simply isn't worth it.
I have an old metal orc shaman model which I really like, but it doesn't have the same look as the kruleboyz-orruks.
I'm interested in converting somehow. Staff swap and/or posion bowl swap is a good idea, just wondering if there are any good hands/staffs to replace them with. Head swap would be hard I think, due to how the swampcalla model is constructed.

If anyone has any examples of conversions I'd be interested in hearing/seeing them.

Depends what models you have available? It would be fairly straightforward to use a murknob, leave the banner off and put a more shaman-y staff on top.
If you want to go further and you have a spare swampcalla shaman model you could cut off the weapon in LH and replace with the poison bowl.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2023 at 6:28 PM, GrimDork said:

Depends what models you have available? It would be fairly straightforward to use a murknob, leave the banner off and put a more shaman-y staff on top.
If you want to go further and you have a spare swampcalla shaman model you could cut off the weapon in LH and replace with the poison bowl.

Those are my two shamans 

yzlXU0U.jpg

• Like 3

This is not my work and I found it on pinterest but it's one of my favorite kitbashed shammys. 

6964a0c0e7b6b371a49635d73a1d87b4.jpg

Geedubs really should offer up Mugruk for a week or so like they did with the necron event model. 

Mugruk da Watcha is such a great and characterful sculpt and for a model commonly taken in multiples it would be great to have access to alternative sculpts. 

However Mannok da kunnin would make a great shammy base as well. 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

This not my work and I found it on pinterest but it's one of my favorite kitbashed shammys. 

6964a0c0e7b6b371a49635d73a1d87b4.jpg

Geedubs really should offer up Mugruk for a week or so like they did with the necron event model. 

Mugruk da Watcha is such a great and characterful sculpt and for a model commonly taken in multiples it would be great to have access to alternative sculpts. 

However Mannok da kunnin would make a great shammy base as well. 

Thats a fantastic conversion! What's the base model?
Agree with your point regarding Mugruk.

11 minutes ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

Interesting changes.
Don't think it will be gamechanging, but some well deserved buffs at least.

However, I wonder if the nerf to Arcane Tome Might end up hurting Kruleboyz more than those buffs help?

image.png.f992efe26b194c2f980aa59462385476.png

13 minutes ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

I quiet like those changes! -1 to hit for gutrippaz might finally make them be the tank unit we were lacking. While the change to dirty tricks isn't what we wanted (less dice rolls for the sake of dice rolls), picking 2 tricks at least let us always get noisy racket and them try our lucky. In some matches it will mean nothing when the second tactic fail, but in the ones it doesn't we actually got a extra rules.

4 minutes ago, Sabush said:

However, I wonder if the nerf to Arcane Tome Might end up hurting Kruleboyz more than those buffs help?

Honestly I don't think it hurt us that bad. Most of the time it was used to give the killaboss or snatcha boss the movement spell and when you didn't cast it you cast mystic shield, which you can do still. The movement spell can still be cast by a shaman, the biggest effect is loosing one potential lore with 1 shaman due to this. And if you use Gobsprakk this isn't even a loss.