Ironjaws and Bonesplittas

Enrgie

I've been tossing the idea around myself. The issue would be the Bonesplitterz and not the ironjawz. Everyone knows that even in small numbers ironjawz hit hard and fast in an ironfist. But Bonesplitterz without their allegiance stuff become shirtless pin cushions, dropping to anything and everything. They lose the monster table and war paint ward save. 

I was tossing the idea around of an ironfist + Kunnin Rukk. Might work. No idea

In theory, on paper it sounds good. The ironfist would be all brutes as they stampede up as they normally do. The Kunnin Rukk would have to be 30+ Arrowboys and 3 units of Savage Orruks. The Savage Orruks need bodies to counter their lack of allegiance toys. Heroes would be a big boss, megaboss on foot and Warchanter at a minimum. 

If anything pure fear and panic could make your opponents make mistakes. How do you fight 120+ wounds of Bonesplitterz while at the same time weather the storm of the all brutes ironfist running straight at you? Sounds kinda fun actually lol

I'd been debating it, more as a hypothetical as I won't ever be painting 70 savage orruks!

Leaders
Savage Big Boss (100)
Orruk Megaboss (140)
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Megaboss (140)

Units
Savage Orruks x 10 (100)
Savage Orruks x 10 (100)
Savage Orruks x 10 (100)
Savage Orruk Arrowboys x 40 (400)
Orruk Brutes x 10 (360)
Orruk Brutes x 5 (180)
Orruk Brutes x 5 (180)

Behemoths

War Machines

Batallions
Kunnin' Rukk (60)
Ironfist (60)

Total: 2000/2000

Guys what's happening?! Suddenly 4 boxes of savage orruks appeared in my basket??

53 minutes ago, Eric54114 said:

Wow! I was thinking about the same list myself last week.

Double Megaboss, both with Battle Brew. Make the Savage Boss the General and give him Bellowing Tyrant - grant that +1 to hit on the Arrow Boys - and give them his Savage Attack Command Trait.

Pew pew!

Actually you'll be able to have 3 artefacts as there's TWO battalions - maybe give the savage boss the 4+ talisman on an extra wound for survivability?!

3 hours ago, FunkyPunk said:

I'd been debating it, more as a hypothetical as I won't ever be painting 70 savage orruks!

Leaders
Savage Big Boss (100)
Orruk Megaboss (140)
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Megaboss (140)

Units
Savage Orruks x 10 (100)
Savage Orruks x 10 (100)
Savage Orruks x 10 (100)
Savage Orruk Arrowboys x 40 (400)
Orruk Brutes x 10 (360)
Orruk Brutes x 5 (180)
Orruk Brutes x 5 (180)

Behemoths

War Machines

Batallions
Kunnin' Rukk (60)
Ironfist (60)

Total: 2000/2000

Hmm...I kinda like the idea of 2 units of 10 brutes with the jagged-hackas. That way the 2 megaboss can follow a unit each.

We shall call this list the IronSplitterz 

26 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Hmm...I kinda like the idea of 2 units of 10 brutes with the jagged-hackas. That way the 2 megaboss can follow a unit each.

I like it! Ironsplitterz!!

I initially thought 2x10 brutes too, but we need 3 units for the ironfist sadly 

Omg I now have a list to work towards to. Thanks! [emoji16]

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Morning,

I have been considering combined Ironjawz/Bonesplitterz lists myself, however I am just not convinced it works from a competitive stand point, but hey if you're used to playing pure Ironjawz, that's clearly not an issue to you! ;) 

I have purchased two boxes of Savage Orruks and will make up 3 units of 10 boyz, all converted a little to be Ardboy Yoofs (you can see my prototype in my Twitter #wipwednesday video - pics will be in my thread here early next week) and 4 Big Stabbas.

I don't really have any solid plan as such for now, I guess having the 3 units sorts my Batteline and opens up options across the board for Destruction. I think I'd rather just pick the units I like (such as the Rogue Idol) and are good (such as a cheap Grot Shaman). Sounds weird but I think this approach may be more effective than essentially trying to merge two lists.

I'd be very interested to here from people that have actually played competitive games with the Ironsplitterz lists.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. Im new on tga. That`s my list for Ironsplitterz what are you think.

Leaders
Gordrakk The Fist of Gork (700)
- General
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)
Savage Big Boss (100)

Units
Orruk Ardboys x 10 (180)
Orruk Brutes x 10 (360)
Orruk Gore Gruntas x 6 (360)
Savage Orruk Arrowboys x 20 (200)

Behemoths
Stonehorn Beastriders (360)

Batallions
Ironfist (60)
Kunnin' Rukk (60)

Total: 2500/2500

Hi all. Im new on tga. That`s my list for Ironsplitterz what are you think.

Leaders
Gordrakk The Fist of Gork (700)
- General
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)
Savage Big Boss (100)

Units
Orruk Ardboys x 10 (180)
Orruk Brutes x 10 (360)
Orruk Gore Gruntas x 6 (360)
Savage Orruk Arrowboys x 20 (200)

Behemoths
Stonehorn Beastriders (360)

Batallions
Ironfist (60)
Kunnin' Rukk (60)

Total: 2500/2500

What's your battle line?

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think that army has any battle line units. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you lose your ironjawz allegiance when you include bonesplitters, thus making you Ardboyz, gruntas, and Brutes lose battleline? And with 2500 points I think you need 3 battleline units for a legal army?

That's correct, in taking Bonesplitterz your Ironjawz units cease to be battleline. At 2500 points, you need 4 battleline units.

So essentially, you'd have to take 4 units of Bonesplitterz Savage Orcs or drop Bonesplitterz completely to make a valid list.

Archived