Troggoth Army

Wulfy

Hey folks, I'm toying around with the idea of an army full of beautiful smelly Troggoths. 4 units of 3x Fellwater Troggoths plus 2 Troll Hags makes up most of a 2000 pt army, and not too expensive in real world money despite having some Forge World in there. 

Trouble is that I needs some battleline from somewhere else in Destruction (shame that the Hags don't make Trogs battleline, seems like an oversight). I wondered what people might recommend. I was looking at Grot Spider Riders with interest to get some more speed in there, but perhaps some Orcs would be better to add some numbers?

Another option of course is to make a load of Chaos Trolls led by Throgg, especially since I'm planning on building a Tzeentch army at some point. But then Chaos can't take the lovely Hag models.

Thoughts appreciated.

Loving the Fellwater Troggoth models so much I'm adding more to my collection.  I am using 2x20 Savage Orruks as battleline, then for point cost a small horde of moonclan.  I like the Fimir models, but $$-wise I don't think I want to invest heavy in multiple packs of 3x pose warriors.  The Fimirs I find dark and awesome, but my troggoth theme is more "beautiful-smelly".  Painting them up, I am going to match the scale/hide on the orruks shields/loincloths/cloaks to the troggoths. :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/12/2016 at 10:54 AM, Papapene said:

You could make it a swamp themes army and use Fimir Warriors and a fimirach noble?? That would be pretty cool I reckon

I just finished painting 9 fimir warriors as Bile Troll proxies. It's taken me 2 and a half years to get around to painting them, I don't recommend the models. The posture they are in makes it a lot of work, for very little result. The weapon options pissed me off so much when I was trying to get them to go together that I cut off their hands eventually and just dropped ogre hands on with weapons to replace them.

1/10 would not fimir again :(

I use the hobbit goblins as gitmob grots and run min 20 man squads in my 1k troggoth list.

Mine looks like:

Troll Hag

3 river trolls

3 sourbreath

20 gitmob

20 gitmob

Battle brew on the hag for 2s and 2s. Bellowing tyrant for one of the troll units.  Its a fun list, but I found in the tournament I went to it struggled against stormfiends and blood dragons.

Archived