ENDLESS SPELL

Emerald Lifeswarm (60)

OTHER

Hammerers (145)**

CORE BATTALIONS:

*Battle Regiment

**Warlord

TOTAL POINTS: (1980/2000)

I have found over time playing against multiple armies over multiple games that Armies who get a say in every phase are more effective than those who don’t. My other army is Ironjawz and they have almost no protection versus spells and there’s little they can do against shooting for an example. 

I feel that armies who can sling mortal wounds with magic at range, shoot at range and then follow up in the fight phase to either tarpit or fight back, as an example Tzeentch, do very well all around. 

I came up with this list to answer that philosophy. Guns all day, magical +1 to hit support with chain lightning, some healing and a melee shield wall to protect my guns and magic (and anti-magic)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

That's a really good philosophy, the old take-all-corners idea.  Nice thing about the Artillery is Dwarves can man them as well as human models, so it would work aesthetically....for Stormcast, I'd definitely be willing to shorten their limbs to make Dwarf-cast!

I’m actually not using any GW models in the entire army except for the Cogsmith. 

it’s fully Scibor miniatures. Using Cannon Bears and Ballistae Bears for the Artillery and a load of Scibor models for the dwarves. So far I’ve only painted my Dwarf Lord (Warden King) though. 

Next game I'll be using my horde of Dwarves vs my friend's Stormcast.  Just gotta give 'em a chance to stretch their legs :D

Living City/Hold the Line

Warden King (general, Ironoak Artisan, Amulet of Destiny)

2 Runelords (Arcane Tome, Healing Prayer, Ironoak Skin, plus Curse on the other Runelord)

Gotrek Gurnisson

20 Ironbreakers

20 Irondrakes

3x10 Longbeards w Great Axes

10 Hammerers

2x1 Gyrocopters

I've never used Gotrek before, but I imagine he'll have the Kragnos effect of keeping him away from that area.  And I can Outflank some units as needed to get places.  Not expecting a mighty victory of course, but I'm interested to see how plain old Dwarves do.  Gotrek is so pricy!  I could switch him out for a Steam Tank AND Hurricanum, but I have an inkling he'll do as well as those would.

• Like 1

Army Faction: Cities of Sigmar
    - Army Type: Tempest’s Eye
    - Grand Strategy: Hold the Line

LEADER

Runelord (100)*
    - Prayers: Curse

Celestial Hurricanum with Celestial Battlemage (280)**
    - General
    - Command Traits: Hawk-eyed
    - Artefacts: Seerstone Amulet
    - Spells: Strike of Eagles

Runelord (100)**
    - General's Adjutant
    - Prayers: Heal

Lord-Arcanum on Celestial Dracoline (200)**
    - Artefacts: Arcane Tome
    - Spells: Aura of Glory

BATTLELINE

Longbeards (105)*
    - Ancestral Weapon and Gromril Shield

Ironbreakers (115)*
    - Drakefire Pistol and Cinderblast Bomb

Ironbreakers (115)*
    - Drakefire Pistol and Cinderblast Bomb

ENDLESS SPELL

Emerald Lifeswarm (60)

OTHER

1 x Irondrakes (340)*
    - Grudgehammer Torpedo

1 x Evocators on Celestial Dracolines (560)**

CORE BATTALIONS:

*Battle Regiment

**Warlord

TOTAL POINTS: (1975/2000)

Created with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App

I think this might be the most competitive almost pure Dwarf list I can think of or come up with. 

• Like 1

Ah the Dracolines, I used to have some of those.  I have Lord Arcanum on Gryph-Charger and 2 Fulminators instead.  Working on some Gyro-Drakes too.  Figure might as well make my coalition allies Dwarvish looking.  Not sure how to make the Dracoth units like that though.  Maybe some Juggernauts as they're more mechanized looking?

11 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Ah the Dracolines, I used to have some of those.  I have Lord Arcanum on Gryph-Charger and 2 Fulminators instead.  Working on some Gyro-Drakes too.  Figure might as well make my coalition allies Dwarvish looking.  Not sure how to make the Dracoth units like that though.  Maybe some Juggernauts as they're more mechanized looking?

I’m using Scibor Dwarves on bears with Halberds. I’ll be 3D printing dwarves on rams for Demigryph knights. 

for the Lord Evocators whatever dude I got a Dwarf Wizard on a Warbear lol. Almost my entire collection is Scibor miniatures. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Had a brutal practice match vs IDK with my Living Dwarves.  I had Gotrek, Warden King and 2 Runelords, 20 Ironbreakers, 20 Irondrakes, 10 Hammerers, 10 Longbeards, 2 Gyrocopters, 2 Fulminators. 

Opponent had Horsey-King, Eidolon Wizard, turtle, 2x10 arrow Reavers, 2x3 spearing charging eels, octopus guy.  

Mission (I think) was Tectonic Interference: 3 objectives on center, all prime and rolled each round for alpha objective.  I didn't outflank anything as he 1-dropped and castled hard to my right, so Gotrek was in the center and I had Ironbreakers/King on the leftish side, with Drakes/Hammers/Gyros/Fulminators on the right.  I moved up and scored some points, then he counters and takes the center and killed the Hammerers and Drakes really quick.  Fulminators bounced off the turtle and then got slain turn 1.

Gotrek ended up charging and failing to slay the turtle, and also then failed to slay the Eidolon after the turtle retreated.  The IDK had massively good bubble-aura synergy stuff going on, and moral of the story is only ranged MW or even more massive damage than Gotrek can take out the charged up turtle!  Worth those 500 points.  

Runelords did do some good unbinding but failed horribly on the prayers.  I got only Ancestral Shield off turn 1.  

While I still scored some objective points the massive failure on Battle Tactics cost me.  Rather than trying to bring it down or slay the warlord (Eidolon) I should have just gone for easy ones like Savage Spearhead and Furious Advance.  IDK is super fast and can easily castle then explode with surgical precision at will against an army that can't put constant pressure on it.  The Tides rules are sprinkles on the icing on the cake.  Stupid fancy beautiful aelves 😛

I'm bringing the same army to a 3 game event on Saturday though.  Give Gotrek and the shortpants some exercise whilst I paint up my Gyro-drakes and Steam Tank and Ancestral Runicanum.....for next month's tournament.  Longbeards (old Miners) for Battleline; to be fluffy I think I'll just Outflank them as they tunnel up from who knows where :D