Show me your graveyard!

Ravenborn

I’ve finally succumbed to temptation and started a Soulblight Gravelords army. I know graveyards are used by all Death armies, but as far as I’ve seen, there are no guides for the size of graveyards. 

So… is there a standard size for graveyards? And, more importantly, please share pics of yours! I’d love to see how creative people can get with them. 

Thanks!

Technically they’re just flat markers you measure form the centre of. So a 25-40mm base with a nice tombstone or death symbol is best if you want a physical representation; which some might not as they’re not actually there and thus a physical marker can get in the way of placing models. 

As to size if make it as I said a base and nothing more. It isn’t a terrain feature, can’t be used as one, and cannot move a terrain piece to make room as terrain features can. It will also get in the way a lot of its any real size as it’s just a marker. If you wanted to design a graveyard terrain piece I would do that as a terrain piece or even an entire table to fight over. That would look amazing and thematic. 

As others have said, Gravesites are just supposed to be a point on the map, so models need to be able to stand on them. That's why I didn't go for graves or pillars on mine. I got some flat MDF circles with a 2" diameter (actually 50mm) and built a little flat scene on them. Since my guys are converted Tomb Kings, it's a wall with hieroglypic carvings that has fallen over and is sinking into the sand, with some bones, weapons or shields lying around for flavour. I'll edit this post with a picture when I get home.

The point of using a 50mm round base is that you can measure from the edge instead of the center. Wherever you measure from, the center will be 1" away, so if you have to be within 9" of a Gravesite, you can just measure 8" from the edge.

Edit: Here's a picture. Unpainted for now.

20211124_151728.jpg.423a9fd6a3c52d8bddb4e1d0c222a356.jpg

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1