Why add a Megagargant?

Sharkbelly

3 hours ago, Sharkbelly said:

Hi all,

Lately I've seen a number of people have painted Megagargants to ally with their Gravelords. Outside of how cool they look, what is the attraction? Is there something they do that is better than some of our other heavy hitters?

As I understand it, people take them because beefy monsters with lots of wounds and high rend attacks are good right now. I think in Gravelords, the Gate Breaker's high-rend, high damage attacks and his swingy, but dangerous shooting attack are the reason to take him. There is not really any other unit in our army that offers these. Gravelords in particular benefit from access to a big beater, since our ability to field cheap bodies is so good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Don’t really know, yet I was wondering if there is a rule that allows a destruction army to take a mega as an allies, I currently am unable to find one

If I remember right, Destruction armies can take all the mercenary gargants, plus the Forgeworld Bonegrinder under the name of Brawlsmasha.

• Thanks 1