The 3rd Edition Positivity Thread!

• 3 weeks later...

Seems like a good time to say I have really been digging these big convention reveals the past few years. It is SO nice to have GW do something of a conventional product preview that we can see what's coming more than a few weeks out. Building armies takes time, both after AND before the purchase...

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, NinthMusketeer said:

Seems like a good time to say I have really been digging these big convention reveals the past few years. It is SO nice to have GW do something of a conventional product preview that we can see what's coming more than a few weeks out. Building armies takes time, both after AND before the purchase...

I agree with this. GW came a long way with sharing roadmaps and stuff compared to how it used to be. I do like the surprise releases from time to time too.

Edit: I also love the direction they have taken with the new armies like Soulblight Gravelords and Seraphon. They took the theme and put it on steroids. 

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Couple big ones here, first is being super glad GW has continued the trend started with Warcry to offer free rule downloads. It is a great relationship-building move with the community and further, the community was more or less already getting those rules free online anyways.

Secondly, and just as important, THANK YOU GW for going back to 1 GHB per year. Every-6-mo was going to be too much for my local community to sustain excitement for, and many others from what I heard. Keep up the good work on the balance scrolls and I think AoS will keep heading in a positive direction!

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Again for 40k, but I am super happy GW has launched another narrative campaign where the players get to submit results which ultimately have a real effect on the setting.

I fondly remember the Seeds of Hope global campaign, as well as drinking the tears of the numerous naysayers who insisted things had not changed and the results would be ret-conned within a year XD.

• Like 1

Well if it comes to positivity, personally I could see a possibility where almost all skaven players will be thankful, for that grand, greatest update the skaven are apparently getting, considering rumors.

if not well…..

then at least the stormcast players will be getting another trillion units, doing the same thing just better then the last trillion units they have gotten😂.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well if it comes to positivity, personally I could see a possibility where almost all skaven players will be thankful, for that grand, greatest update the skaven are apparently getting, considering rumors.

if not well…..

then at least the stormcast players will be getting another trillion units, doing the same thing just better then the last trillion units they have gotten😂.

If you call that post positive I don't want to hear you complaining! :D

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Sonnenspeer said:

I'm looking forward to the Dawnbringer books. I really enjoyed the Broken Realms story.

Also writing sorcery heavy lists to be prepared for the next GHB, I hope its a good one :)

I am a lot happier to see the anti-magic counterplay measures being introduced. The game needs them; right now the only answer to a powerhouse magic army is to play one of the few armies which can field them.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember back towards the start of 3rd a WD article or two from the AoS devs talking about how they wanted to refine their writing abilities and (more or less) expressing a desire to do better. Pretty sure I've mentioned it before but it is nice to be seeing that play out in the details. Little things like a rule referencing 'unit that slays warlord' rather than 'unit that slays the warlord' are largely trivial in terms of the big picture but speak to a higher degree of competence than we saw in previous editions.

• Thanks 1

I'm pretty positive on the new Battlescroll. My list got nerfed pretty hard, but as a Soulblight Legion of Blood player, I will freely admit that was a good change. And taking it out on the table against LRL incorporating some of their own changes, it felt like the changes were putting Soulblight in the right ballpark compared to other armies, which is where I'd honestly rather be. So kudos to GW for spotting and addressing problems.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, RocketPropelledGrenade said:

I'm pretty positive on the new Battlescroll. My list got nerfed pretty hard, but as a Soulblight Legion of Blood player, I will freely admit that was a good change. And taking it out on the table against LRL incorporating some of their own changes, it felt like the changes were putting Soulblight in the right ballpark compared to other armies, which is where I'd honestly rather be. So kudos to GW for spotting and addressing problems.

As a skaven player………

i’m postitive we will be getting new book next year

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just want to say that all the minis released this edition have all been gorgeous. 

This cannon is a work of art, i wonder if i can loot it for both 40k and AoS at the same time. Could easily be a mekgun. Not sure about a AoS equivalent, maybe just a beastskewer killbow? Or just a rock lobber.

image.png.5d1526b3539cd6dd8227434c332b7be9.png

• 1 month later...