Greenskins Army

awkd

So I've been going back and forth on whether or not to do a pure greenskins army or mixed destruction. To start I think I will stick with greenskins since I have a lot of models already and it scales a bit easier and then I can add other destruction models I like to make different lists, and fill any tactical gaps I have after I play a few times.

So my 1000 point list is:

1 Great Shaman - 140 (have a weirdknob model I bought on a whim, love the way he looks, would people be opposed to me using him as a regular orruk shaman?)

1 Warboss on Boar - 140 (have, shield and choppa)

1 Warboss - 140 (have 3, can equip any way I want)

20 Orruks with shields and choppas - 200 (already have 10)

10 Orruks with bows - 100 (old starter set orcs, using them cause I have them)

10 Boarboys with spears - 200 (already have 5 of them assembled and I just like the way they look with spears better)

1 Chariot - 80 (have)

Total - 1000 points

To scale up to 2000 points:

30 more orruks with shields  - 300

1 Chariot - 80

1 Rogue Idol - 480 (have one, pretty sure its a recast though, bought online and didn't really realize at the time)

1 Warboss - 140 (have)

Total - 2000 points

To get to my 1000 point list I only need another start collecting set, to get the 2000 point list I would need another 30 boys on top of that.

Would love to get your feedback. 

Also, why is the Weirdknob 20 points less than the Orruk Great Shaman? it seems like the Weirdknob is more powerful.

Thanks.

Hi there :)

I've had some success running mostly greenskinz, but as the previous post mentions, it's tough with their lack of diversity. 

I have been having succes with a core greenskinz army and moonclan grots. Run the grots up to tie the enemy, let everyone else claim objectives and throw 30 orruk boyz into the biggest target. 

However I'm tryingsomething new as I build the models for it: don't build a "greenskinz" army, build an "Orruk" army. Remember, the greenskinz warboss' command ability effects any ORRUK model.... So yea, that maw krusha, Bonesplittas force and your chariots all get real nasty, real fast ;) it widens the amount of options you have, keeps the theme and hurts people :)

Thanks for responses, starting to think I'm going to build my core of greenskins (aka the models I have plus some additional boys to make that unit a little stronger) and then add some units based on what models I want to build/paint/play with, OGORS AND BRUTES!!! instead of just adding more of what I already have. will make the army more fun to play with and the painting more interesting.

The mixed destruction armies on here are all amazing and the variety in the mixing and matching make them all unique too which is cool.

I really just need to get some paint on some models so I can start playing though. 

Speaking of the Warboss' CA, does it not work better for boyz with spears than it does choppas? I figure the increase of number of attacks is felt deeper with that extra inch. I have yet to try it out, of course, but consider this:

You run the Greenskin battalion, and a unit of 30 or 40 boyz with spears. So they're attacking with two attacks already. They you buff them up with a great waaagh (the battalion ability) and they're dishing out four attacks each. An extra row (spears) could easily turn 40 -1 rend attacks into 80 no rend. To me, that seems way moreworth it.

But is that only situational? Anyone have any experience running either/both?

6 minutes ago, Furious said:

Speaking of the Warboss' CA, does it not work better for boyz with spears than it does choppas? I figure the increase of number of attacks is felt deeper with that extra inch. I have yet to try it out, of course, but consider this:

You run the Greenskin battalion, and a unit of 30 or 40 boyz with spears. So they're attacking with two attacks already. They you buff them up with a great waaagh (the battalion ability) and they're dishing out four attacks each. An extra row (spears) could easily turn 40 -1 rend attacks into 80 no rend. To me, that seems way moreworth it.

But is that only situational? Anyone have any experience running either/both?

I haven't tried it myself. 

Remember though that on any given turn you most likely wont have every single ork in combat or even in range. Typically I assume I'll get 10-12 models into an enemy unit. Sure you may get closer to 18 in with spears. Personally I tend to focus on maximizing those who make it to combat then getting more dice thrown. 

With the battalion in effect that's roughly 40 attacks (assuming 10 dudes get in) 4+/4+ refilling ones to hit and wound (unit ability and Warboss with banner) with a rend of 1 :)

yeah, I haven't played yet but the -1 rend seems better to me. Also, I am building my models for looks as well and I just like the choppas and shields look better for the boys.

performance in game is important, but the way the models look matters just as much to me since I won't be playing too often and will be at a super casual level.

2 hours ago, Furious said:

I agree to that too - which is why I want to justify spears, because I think they look cooler ;) 

That's all the justification you need :)

I run double swords because I love the look of the old 6th ed starter set orcs ;)

You want the Grenskinz warscroll Battalion. The Big Waaagh! is amazing when used early. +2 extra attacks to every unit within 9". The rampaging destroyers and Er we go! is both the same-ish. both have perks and drawbacks but the leaving combat through rampaging destroyers (in hero phase) allows for more strategical movement. Either way, it gives you great perks, more artifacts and all you need is one more units of 10 boyz instead of the chariot and the Warscroll for 100pts instead of the extra warboss.

Archived