what do i need more? help!

ChaoSwede

12 hours ago, Thanos-se said:

If that was the case the errata would not stated the word "the rest", since that is referred, it means you can heal the present attacks. Otherwise it wouldn't be necessary to say "the rest". It would just have said heal and then allocate the wounds. Not heal the rest. 

Sorry for insisting on this. I just want to clarify it.

adding to what @Lucur and @Juicy just said, here's the important bit of rules (from the core rules):

image.png.0d4db782744653ded185790f97861282.png

so all wounds from an attack are allocated at the same time and that is after all attacks from the same unit are resolved. The healing from the lantern (activated by the 7+ saves) happens during the attack sequence. At that moment no damage from the attacks has been allocated yet so you cannot heal a damage that does not exist.

This is all I can say from the point of view of the rules. If the interpretation of the "law" is not enough, please note that also the "practice" confirms this: all tournaments that I have played in AND watched apply this rule in this way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all very much for your information and your immediate response. Forgive my persistence, I ve played only 4 casual matches and I explore what to buy next and how I can make any synergies work. So usually if I want to use the healing ability of the latern, it is better to buff a unit with more than normal wounds, i.e. stardrake, arcanum on dracoline/gryph charger etc

• Like 1

The healing should not decide which unit gets the lantern in general, it's more of an added bonus. Sequitors for example are a prime target because they can also reroll the saves naturally. I use the lantern on Dracolines, using the chronomantic Cogs to reroll saves, thus i can get some healing in now and then. Stardrakes are another good example. But if you have a unit of Liberators on an objective, buffing their save to make sure you get the VP is often the better choice than fishing for healing on another model.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Thanos-se said:

Could you explain me a bit more? My Englsih are not so good.

don't believe something just because you've seen it on youtube.

they explained to us the rules with documents and logic accept that.🤣

Edited by baiardo

34 minutes ago, Thanos-se said:

Could you explain me a bit more? My Englsih are not so good.

A lot of people playing on YouTube make mistakes. There's no uncertainty in this rule at the moment.

EDIT: that being said, it's a game. If your opponent agrees play the rule however you want. If you go to a tournament ask your TO beforehand. If you want to convince me you'll have to tell me where you disagree with my explanation and the rules I have referred to

Edited by Marcvs